Is it true?

Sarahh.

Hey everyone.
Is it true that hair grows faster in Summer or is that just a myth?
I've always doubted it, but if it is true maybe it's because of the way we care for it in Summer.
Anyway, what are your opinions and why?

if it is true then when I leave here (Guam) I should have hair down to my arse cause its Summer year round with the avg. temp around 80F.:lachen:

Yes, it's true.

The summer is a better "growing environment". It's warm and humid, which is the best for keeping the hair moisturized. We are more active, we eat more, we move around more... our metabolism and certain hormone levels tend to be higher in the summer...

All of that plus the fact that we are more likely to wash our hair more often and not use flat irons/heat styling as much in summer... really helps it along. :yep:

it's true for some people
but not all.

my hair doesnt grow any faster in the summer/warmer months
in fact, i think it slows down a bit for me

but for a lot of people,
summer is great for adding a few extra inches

I think it may be true in general for all the reasons mentioned. I find my hair grows fastest when I do cardio on a regular basis!!! and when I increase my protein intake....I'm doing protein shakes and wowzer!! My hair is growing!!!

it's true for some people
but not all.

my hair doesnt grow any faster in the summer/warmer months
in fact, i think it slows down a bit for me

but for a lot of people,
summer is great for adding a few extra inches

As always, that's true. Everyone's body chemistry, lifestyle and genes are different.

Even the same person who experienced a lot of growth one summer may not get the same growth the next.

The conditions are optimal, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen every single time for every single person.

Back