Is It Time for Women...

dreamer26

I sit and I've observed many things happening in our society for woman and I want to know is it our time?

I see more woman in leadership roles, more woman have been accepted more even in church leadership.

Now Imus has bright even more light to woman and how we're being treated or mistreated.

Ladies I believe that God is getting ready to take us by the hand and place us in our rightful place right beside our men. No longer behind them, no longer under them but right beside them.

Do anyone else see this or think this?

cocoberry10

dreamer26 said:
I sit and I've observed many things happening in our society for woman and I want to know is it our time?

I see more woman in leadership roles, more woman have been accepted more even in church leadership.

Now Imus has bright even more light to woman and how we're being treated or mistreated.

Ladies I believe that God is getting ready to take us by the hand and place us in our rightful place right beside our men. No longer behind them, no longer under them but right beside them.

I totally agree. I admit that my natural personality is somewhat shy, but God has been placing me lately in situations that really force me to stand and stand out, and even deal with men. He shows me how to do this in a loving way, but still stand strong.

I think the world (even unfortunately His bride the church) has really created this belief that women are below men. And I just know this isn't true in His eyes. WE ARE NOT JUST WIVES OR SEX OBJECTS TO GOD, NO MATTER WHAT A MAN TRIES TO MAKE US THINK. Yes, we are helpmeets, but that doesn't mean we are 2nd class. And I believe God's revolution is going to show this.

Eve wasn't less than Adam, she was a part of Adam. But due to the fall, women have never been treated as well as men. But this still doesn't mean that God thinks we are less. That's why you are seeing so many powerful women who aren't married, making it and doing well without a husband. That's not as much of an accident as we may think. God wants us to know it's Him and not a man!

dreamer26

cocoberry10 said:
I totally agree. I admit that my natural personality is somewhat shy, but God has been placing me lately in situations that really force me to stand and stand out, and even deal with men. He shows me how to do this in a loving way, but still stand strong.

I think the world (even unfortunately His bride the church) has really created this belief that women are below men. And I just know this isn't true in His eyes. WE ARE NOT JUST WIVES OR SEX OBJECTS TO GOD, NO MATTER WHAT A MAN TRIES TO MAKE US THINK. Yes, we are helpmeets, but that doesn't mean we are 2nd class. And I believe God's revolution is going to show this.

Eve wasn't less than Adam, she was a part of Adam. But due to the fall, women have never been treated as well as men. But this still doesn't mean that God thinks we are less. That's why you are seeing so many powerful women who aren't married, making it and doing well without a husband. That's not as much of an accident as we may think. God wants us to know it's Him and not a man!

Amen and Amen NO it's is not an accident God is so strategically behind the scenes orchestrating just when he wants to unveil us.

So ladies don't be surprised when you're asked to do or head some things God is just showing off one of his many jewels.

Thanks for your response.

Royal Glory

Yes. God is no "respector of persons". He doesn't favor men over women:

Acts 10:34-36 says, " 34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. 36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all)

Also the Word says with God, there is neither male nor female. All who are called according to His name are His.

Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

So all of us should take our rightful places and act in the positions to which He has called us.

MrsQueeny

Royal Glory said:
Yes. God is no "respector of persons". He doesn't favor men over women:

Acts 10:34-36 says, " 34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. 36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all)

Also the Word says with God, there is neither male nor female. All who are called according to His name are His.

Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

So all of us should take our rightful places and act in the positions to which He has called us.
Amen!!!! Both men and women are needed in the body of Christ. Because of the evil in the world and the things that have been done to people, some women are at a point where they don't trust men and can only receive the word from a woman and vice versa. I've always felt that both men and women have great power to change things but for some reason women have stepped back and not shared in the power and responsibility. Q

Last edited:

ClassicBeauty

I may be one of only a few, but I see this from a totally different angle. I think that women are rising because we have no choice. There are so few men to handle things and to hold those leadership positions until we've decided that "If You can use anything, Lord, You can use me." I would much rather my church be led by men in mostly all leadership positions, and the same goes to leading families, but where there are so few leading men, women have to step up and handle things. I think it's sad and nothing to be excited about.

I think that the traditional roles in the Bible amongst men and women are the way that things should be, and everything works better when things are in line with God's purpose, but when they can't work that way...well, they just can't...until many things/problems are solved in our society. The fact that we are not functioning the way God intended is, in my opinion, why things are so messed up in this world.:( I pray that with all the problems in this world, men will begin to wake up and take their place as the heads of the household, the church, the community, etc and do so in a very positive way.

I'm at work, so I'll bring more to this topic later.

dreamer26

DivaStyle said:
I may be one of only a few, but I see this from a totally different angle. I think that women are rising because we have no choice. There are so few men to handle things and to hold those leadership positions until we've decided that "If You can use anything, Lord, You can use me." I would much rather my church be led by men in mostly all leadership positions, and the same goes to leading families, but where there are so few leading men, women have to step up and handle things. I think it's sad and nothing to be excited about.

I think that the traditional roles in the Bible amongst men and women are the way that things should be, and everything works better when things are in line with God's purpose, but when they can't work that way...well, they just can't...until many things/problems are solved in our society. The fact that we are not functioning the way God intended is, in my opinion, why things are so messed up in this world.:( I pray that with all the problems in this world, men will begin to wake up and take their place as the heads of the household, the church, the community, etc and do so in a very positive way.

No, I'm not speaking of taking over men roles. I love having my husband in in place, but every since Eve ate of the fruit woman has not been considered an equal. There was a period in our history were woman couldn't be considered a rate victim because we were not really a citizens. Woman had to get women rights laws passed, there are no such laws as men rights. Women have been battered and abused and I believe it's because when Eve did eat of the fruit and God told the serpert that the seed of the woman would bruise his head, he's been trying to stop us but all through out the bible even when women couldn't even get birthrights or their father's inheritance, I see a thread where God stood up for women and used them even in a culture and a society when it was forbidden. One here and one there.

And I"m just wondering is it time for us (women). The unveiling if you will. Is God saving the best for last.

Just a thought I had.

ClassicBeauty

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding this whole thread. It seems to me that when a woman is rising in leadership roles, it's often because a man has fallen. If a woman is making it and doing well without a husband, it's probably because she doesn't have a choice but to make it on her own. Maybe I've misunderstood where you are going with this.

Even with womens rights, they were/are necessary because there were/are so few men to cover us (husbands, fathers, etc). We have had to stand up and take care of ourselves and our own interests.

dreamer26

DivaStyle said:
Maybe I'm just misunderstanding this whole thread. It seems to me that when a woman is rising in leadership roles, it's often because a man has fallen. If a woman is making it and doing well without a husband, it's probably because she doesn't have a choice but to make it on her own. Maybe I've misunderstood where you are going with this.

Even with womens rights, they were/are necessary because there were/are so few men to cover us (husbands, fathers, etc). We have had to stand up and take care of ourselves and our own interests.

I think you're missing me but like I said this is a thought I was having maybe it's not a good thought.

But even with what you stated the bolded part above, why is it that a man and woman in the same household can't be successful in a leadership role without a man falling? In your opinion should women be leaders?

StrawberryQueen

queeny20 said:
Amen!!!! Both men and women are needed in the body of Christ. Because of the evil in the world and the things that have been done to people, some women are at a point where they don't trust men and can only receive the word from a woman and vice versa. I've always felt that both men and women have great power to change things but for some reason women have stepped back and not shared in the power and responsibility. Q

I agree with this 1000%

DivaStyle said:

I think that the traditional roles in the Bible amongst men and women are the way that things should be, and everything works better when things are in line with God's purpose, but when they can't work that way...well, they just can't...until many things/problems are solved in our society. The fact that we are not functioning the way God intended is, in my opinion, why things are so messed up in this world. I pray that with all the problems in this world, men will begin to wake up and take their place as the heads of the household, the church, the community, etc and do so in a very positive way.

Can you elaborate on the bolded? What are specifically the roles of the men and the roles of the women, as stated by the Lord-and not a dictation of what society (which was as "Godless" as society is now) believed?

In line with your thinking, if that's the case, why would God put these women in such positions? It would literally be a sin then to have women as leaders if that's the case.

I don't know why people feel that women cannot stand equally for the Lord. :confused:
DivaStyle said:

I disagree with all of this. Women can be sucessful and leaders on their own. What if a woman doesn't have a husband? Who's fallen so that she could stand? Is she less favored in the eyes of the Lord? Do you think women are incompetent on their own?

And as far as women's right's go, I don't understand what you mean by "covering us," but the reason we have women's rights, rights for all humans regardless of color, etc, is because people feel that they have a right to "stand" over someone because they are superior and have more power than said person. Do you think the pervious lack of AA rights was due to white people not protecting us properly? I'd like to think the same school of thought could be applied to both sitautions, right?

I think a lot of women tend to dis-empower themselves with this kind of thinking. We are thinking, intelligent, feeling, powerful indivduals with AND without men. Our worship and love for the Lord is not secondary.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Dreamer, I understand your point, clearly. And you are making a very good one at that.

In these last days, God dosen't want anyone to perish, but for all to come to repentance. At this point in time, we must place our focus, as the Church, on saving souls, and not who should be in what position. God has placed His Spirit upon US, all of us...male and female, to preach His Gospel...in season and out of season...and to me that means all the time and to whom He will place His anointing upon to do such a work. I always say..."unless you know about it...."

We must put our minds on things above and not things here on the earth. God is using those whom have said..."here am I Lord, send me!" And He is! Isn't that awesome!

God has made a way where this was no way and has totally given us His Word to give to the world...and that we should not hold back, no matter who says what.

I'm going to preach His Word everywhere I go and no matter how much the devil tries to stop me, I will take this Gospel to the end of the earth.

The question we need to ask ourselves is this:

"How many people are coming to Christ by what I am saying.?"

"When was the last time I prayed with someone to come to the foot of the cross and enter into the Kingdom?"

"Am I doing everything I'm suppose to do as an ambassador and minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ?"

"When I do meet the Lord face to face, will I hear the words..."thou have been faithful...enter into the joy of the Lord!"

As women of God, we must look at ourselves as in a mirror, seeing ourselves face to face, and ask ourselves these questions. It's not only important to us but it is to God our Father.

We must remember these words in the scriptures..."what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and lose his soul?"

People need the Lord. That's the plan...that's our goal, to lead them there. And if its us as women who will do this, then so be it! If it's along side our husbands, praise the Lord! And if people don't like that, then too bad, to sad for them and they need to go to God about what we do and let Him tell them what He thinks about us preaching His Gospel.

I remember in the book of John, I believe in the last chapter, or right before then when one of the disciples questioned Jesus about the disciple John, and he said..."well Lord, what about him? And Jesus said..."what is that to you, seek thou me." In other words, mind your business with what I will do with him, you keep your eyes on me, not him.

Jesus hasn't changed how he feels today...He is the same, yesterday, today and forever!

Thank you, dreamer for starting this thread...its a good thread and I believe the Lord placed this on your heart for a very good reason. Good listening to His voice, girl!

Blessings.

Last edited:

Blackoutzangel05

dreamer26 said:

There are several things regarding women today that have been brought into my heart and spirit. I feel that the women of today are not stepping up and taking the young ladies hands like they should be, at least not in my area. I am concerned about what I see and how it is going to affect the next generation. I was just talking to my girlfriend about getting a group of Christian women together to and reaching out to our youth in this area. I believe that women are making great advances outside of the church with political roles, leadership roles in companies and even making great strides in some churches but we have to remember the ones that are behind us, the up and coming. I really believe in the power of Christian mentoring, not just for young ladies,but young married couples, etc.

Nice & Wavy

Blackoutzangel05 said:
There are several things regarding women today that have been brought into my heart and spirit. I feel that the women of today are not stepping up and taking the young ladies hands like they should be, at least not in my area. I am concerned about what I see and how it is going to affect the next generation. I was just talking to my girlfriend about getting a group of Christian women together to and reaching out to our youth in this area. I believe that women are making great advances outside of the church with political roles, leadership roles in companies and even making great strides in some churches but we have to remember the ones that are behind us, the up and coming. I really believe in the power of Christian mentoring, not just for young ladies,but young married couples, etc.[/quote]

You are right on about this. I feel that most ministries don't reach out to the Young Adults in the church (18-30) and help them to become mentors for the youth.

The youth of this generation looks up to that age group, no matter what they are doing. If the young adults grab a hold and mentor and show them the way, then when the youth become young adults, they too will then mentor the youth after them, and so on. It's important to hit that group and that's not happening in the church today. We need Joshua's in this generation and although there are some, we need more to step up and take a stand.

Ministers are required to do so. Moses raised up Joshua, we should raise up the Joshua's in our time too. My husband and I are starting a ministry for Young Adults to train them up to help mentor the youth. Young adults have the most friends out of every age group, therefore shouldn't they be the ones that would be trained up for such a time as this?

I'm grateful that the Lord gave my husband and I this vision and it has already begun. We are excited to see that the young adults that the Lord has brought to us are catching this vision and are ready to run with it!

Also, my husband and I have a marriage ministry and that too is a blessing to be apart of married christians who desire to fulfill God's plan for marriage His way. It's an exciting ministry and we have seen changes taking place even in our own marriage because of this ministry. There aren't many ministries that work with married couples as a group. Yes, there are counseling sessions with the pastors, etc. But, when others come together in a group setting, they actually work things out together and its exciting to see that. We are just the vessels that God uses to bring forth His Word about marriage...it's up to them to make it work!

Blessings!

Bunny77

DivaStyle said:

See, I don't know about this.

I don't have a husband, so does this mean that I'm still supposed to depend on my father as my "covering?" Is my success wrong because I'm taking away a position that "should" belong to a man and I should just let my father support me until I'm married?

Now when I do get married, is it wrong for me to still work then because I'm supposed to have my husband handle everything? Why can't women take on leadership roles in their lives because they WANT to, not because they HAVE to? And can't both men and women be leaders in society? Why must women's success be seen as taking something from men? Success does not "belong" to men.

Not trying to argue, I just really don't understand this reasoning. Or maybe we're both misunderstanding the thread!

P.S. By success, I don't mean monetary/wordly success alone. I'm using it as an all-encompassing term for achievement and progress -- spritual, secular and otherwise.

ClassicBeauty

I have intentionally stayed away from this thread in an effort not to be confrontational. I stated in my first post that I may be the only person who may disagree, and it seems like that is the case. That's ok with me. Can women lead? Of course! Can women excel? Definitely! Women can do WHATEVER they want to do.
I have very strong thoughts about women as pastors and other church leadership roles, but I will not hi-jack this thread to discuss them.
When I made the comment about women rising and men falling, that's my opinion! When most women are rising up in high powered jobs (myself included) it seems to me that so many men are falling. I don't know how else to explain that. We are taking jobs that once were held by men. That's my opinion. Black women in particular are making more money, raising children, and leading in the church and the community. I personally think that one of the problems (I think there are many problems...this is just one of them) in American marriages and relationships is that men really don't feel they have a place. I have talked to so many men who say that they don't seem to have a place and that makes them very insecure about their role as a man. The same for their roles in the church. Does that mean that we should sit around and not get good jobs or work in the church, etc? No. If we didn't, how would we live? Who would do the work in the church? No one would do it. That's the point I was trying to make. Look at your church, I'm sure there are A LOT more women than men working and sitting in the pues(there was a thread about this). I think that women have no choice but to do it, but I really wish that the men would step up.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion is that maybe, just maybe, we are giving up more than we are really gaining, but we have no choice.

If I am totally misunderstanding this thread, I apologize. I wasn't trying to start any controversy.

Last edited:

Bunny77

^^^Diva, I wasn't trying to start a debate or be confrontational and I will respect your opinion, whether I agree or disagree.

I was trying to figure out though how your beliefs fit that of a single woman for example, when you talk about covering, and what you think single and fully grown women with no "coverings" are supposed to do if they can't be "leaders" and support themselves.

As for the church (and not talking about pastors, per se, which I agree is a different topic), isn't it possible that men and women could work together for a common good? Does it have to be that one has to remain "above" and the other "below?" Can't both genders be actively involved?

I wonder too though if the issue is more of the fact that there are too many men who are "threatened" by this change. Men have a place, without a doubt, but I think too many of them have pushed themselves out of their place because they have not yet been able to cope with a changing world that will have women in equal roles as them. Maybe that's the bigger issue... men don't HAVE to fall while women rise. Maybe they're causing themselves to fall because of pride? Perhaps that's the issue that should truly be addressed!

Anyway, that's just me thinking out loud!

ClassicBeauty

Bunny- I wasn't talking to you personally, I just didn't want to come off as confrontational.

I know that some of my views as they relate to gender are a little old fashioned to most people. I know that the world does change. I just think that some of the changes may not be for the better.:ohwell:

Southernbella.

DivaStyle said:

Great post!

Nice & Wavy

DivaStyle said:
Bunny- I wasn't talking to you personally, I just didn't want to come off as confrontational.

I know that some of my views as they relate to gender are a little old fashioned to most people. I know that the world does change. I just think that some of the changes may not be for the better.:ohwell:

Divastyle, if I came off as being confrontational to you, I apologize and that was certainly not my intentions. As women of God, discussions are good and based on everyones views on what they believe, that's ok.

Being a pastor myself (my husband and I don't have our own church as yet) I find that people are prejudice because I am a woman who happens to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Both my husband and I work hand in hand together, and that's something that the Lord has done...trust me, when I was called, I was running...I know what the call entails and I didn't want to do it. But God. He will have His way and He has and I submitted to His Will for my life. I was ordained by my pastor and it has been a tremendous blessing in my life. It's not easy, but Jesus does have the wheel because if I had the wheel, I would crash for sure.

It's ok to have your opinion and honestly, I feel some of what you say is truth. Remember Proverbs 31...in vs 11-15 says "her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She selects wool and flax and works with eagar hands. She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls."

Then in vs's 16 - 18 says "She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She sees that her trading is profitable and her lamp does not go out at night."

It says nothing about her husband working and God called her a noble woman, who can find her?

Women have been working from the beginning and making sure that their households are taken good care of. Some do that as stay at home moms, and others do that outside of the home and still come home and take care of things. God calls them "Noble Women."

I am a "Noble Women" and so are you. It's not old fashioned to think the way you do...that's just how you feel and that's ok. Don't feel bad about stating how you feel...everyone else does, right?

You are a blessing in this forum when I do see your posts. Don't stop. Satan is always trying to keep us off this board and he is under our feet, in the name of Jesus.

Blessings to you always!

dreamer26

DivaStyle said:
I have intentionally stayed away from this thread in an effort not to be confrontational. I stated in my first post that I may be the only person who may disagree, and it seems like that is the case. That's ok with me. Can women lead? Of course! Can women excel? Definitely! Women can do WHATEVER they want to do.
I have very strong thoughts about women as pastors and other church leadership roles, but I will not hi-jack this thread to discuss them.
When I made the comment about women rising and men falling, that's my opinion! When most women are rising up in high powered jobs (myself included) it seems to me that so many men are falling. I don't know how else to explain that. We are taking jobs that once were held by men. That's my opinion. Black women in particular are making more money, raising children, and leading in the church and the community. I personally think that one of the problems (I think there are many problems...this is just one of them) in American marriages and relationships is that men really don't feel they have a place. I have talked to so many men who say that they don't seem to have a place and that makes them very insecure about their role as a man. The same for their roles in the church. Does that mean that we should sit around and not get good jobs or work in the church, etc? No. If we didn't, how would we live? Who would do the work in the church? No one would do it. That's the point I was trying to make. Look at your church, I'm sure there are A LOT more women than men working and sitting in the pues(there was a thread about this). I think that women have no choice but to do it, but I really wish that the men would step up.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion is that maybe, just maybe, we are giving up more than we are really gaining, but we have no choice.

If I am totally misunderstanding this thread, I apologize. I wasn't trying to start any controversy.

I understood you perfectly, but this thread had nothing to do with men and where they are and their issues and their struggles.

That's why I felt you were missing what I was saying.

But I do agree with your point, but it just wasn't the point I was trying to make.

I commend you for looking out for our brothas but I guess I was being selfish and concentrating only on us in this thread.

Thanks for your imput and don't be afraid to voice your opinion because all this thread is just my opinion.

Love Ya

Be blessed.

Blackoutzangel05

DivaStyle said:

Guess that makes me old fashioned as well because I do agree with you. Although I am not sure about women taking mens jobs or women finally be recognized for their abilities and skills. I feel that a lot of men are insecure about their roles and scared to step up because we have a bunch of nagging women in our midst and not enough men to have our young men shadow. I was talking to a male friend of mine the other day and it was discussed about how can a man be a man in a household where the woman makes more, is further educated, etc. My response was simple, she can be all that but is she a virtuous woman of God. Because if she is, then all that she has doesn't matter because its "theirs". She also knows and respects her husband as a man and as the head of that household. She knows and loves her roles as a wife and helpmate to her husband. Men were chosen by God to be the head of their households. I don't believe that rising women of God are knocking men down, they are simply being elevated to another level because God has great things for them where he is leading them.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
DivaStyle said:

My thoughts exactly. I totally agree. :up:

Bunny77

DivaStyle said:

Thanks for explaining! Even if you were talking to me personally, I wasn't offended! :)

Bunny77

Blackoutzangel05 said:
Guess that makes me old fashioned as well because I do agree with you. Although I am not sure about women taking mens jobs or women finally be recognized for their abilities and skills. I feel that a lot of men are insecure about their roles and scared to step up because we have a bunch of nagging women in our midst and not enough men to have our young men shadow. I was talking to a male friend of mine the other day and it was discussed about how can a man be a man in a household where the woman makes more, is further educated, etc. My response was simple, she can be all that but is she a virtuous woman of God. Because if she is, then all that she has doesn't matter because its "theirs". She also knows and respects her husband as a man and as the head of that household. She knows and loves her roles as a wife and helpmate to her husband. Men were chosen by God to be the head of their households. I don't believe that rising women of God are knocking men down, they are simply being elevated to another level because God has great things for them where he is leading them.

See, I don't disagree with this either. But the problem is exactly what that man said... instead of recognizing that the woman who might be better educated and making more money could STILL be the type of woman who would respect a man as a head of her household, this man is so caught up in his own insecurities about worldly things, that he can't see her virtue.

Many of the women I know who are financially successful and well educated are also strong believers in God and WANT a virtuous man who will step in and lead... if these men would just look beyond their own issues and see what these women are saying, there would be no problem.

I'm just saying... the issue to me can't all be placed on women rising up... we aren't pushing men aside at all... they're choosing to be pushed away in many cases. So what do we do about that?

StrawberryQueen

Bunny77 said:
See, I don't disagree with this either. But the problem is exactly what that man said... instead of recognizing that the woman who might be better educated and making more money could STILL be the type of woman who would respect a man as a head of her household, this man is so caught up in his own insecurities about worldly things, that he can't see her virtue.

Many of the women I know who are financially successful and well educated are also strong believers in God and WANT a virtuous man who will step in and lead... if these men would just look beyond their own issues and see what these women are saying, there would be no problem.

I'm just saying... the issue to me can't all be placed on women rising up... we aren't pushing men aside at all... they're choosing to be pushed away in many cases. So what do we do about that?
Bumping an oldie...Bunny, as usual I agree 100% with what you said. :yep: