Is it possible to...

Karonica

rollerset natural 4a or 4b hair and have the hair come out straight or very close to straight? With no pressing, blowdrying, or flat ironing? Better yet, without heat? Like if someone were to rollerset their wet hair and just keep the rollers on til their hair was dry.

Thanks.

sweetcocoa

I think it is with a creamy leave in on soak and wet(dripping) hair, some oil and a temporary straightening balm under a hair dryer(air drying won't give the best results on natural hair). Rolling the hair very tight and keeping it 'taut' until it is completely dry.

Kitkat

Maybe it depends on the hair type? I'm a 4a/4b, and though I never tried to roller set my natural hair I don't think it would come out straight without heat. Maybe the 4a sections of my hair would cooperate, but I'd have to beat the 4b sections into submission!

sbg4evr

I have 4b hair and these are the only things that will straighten my hair: a relaxer, a pressing comb, a flat iron or blow dryer.

Trinette

I don't think so. I have done lots of rollersets close to relaxer time and the roots do not come out straight. My hair has no real curl, only kink.

pressncurl

[ QUOTE ]
check out this link
http://public.fotki.com/2twisted/2002_hair/straight_up/doobie_doo_wahhhhhh/
this woman is natural and managed to get her hair straight with rollersetting

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! That's pretty good for using no heat. I used to try to press my hair super hard so it would lay flat on my head, but now I love the full look--similar to this woman's rollerset look. This look also requires less heat when pressing and results in less damage. And now, if I'm able to get it with a rollerset, that means almost no damage. Yippeeee!