Is it just me? Or is anyone else noticing that alot of members are at bsl or approach

EbonyHairedPrincess said:
I love your hair it is beautiful. Great job!

When I seen honeylemondrops hair it was over. I paid my $5 to be a member. Then I seen that Sylver2 has a similar hair type and I realized great length was truly possible for me. I can't wait to see three years from now where all of the current members length will be. I always remind myself that proper hair care is a lifestyle change not something you can do for a few days, weeks or even months and expect great length.

Aww thank you very much!!!

Re: Is it just me? Or is anyone else noticing that alot of members are at bsl or appr

SvelteVelvet said:
:lol: Perhaps as far as the board is concerned. I think most people on here live in places that are heavily populated with black women that are just on a completely differently level. Maybe my perpective is skewed but it's not that rare to see black women with long natural lengths all over NY, the DC/MD/VA area, Cali, ATL, Texas and so forth, of course EVERYWHERE has it's poorly cared for hair, but where I'm from weaves, wigs, ponytails, touch-up's every 5, no longer than 6 weeks because they just 'CAN'T STAND' feeling new growth is the majority. And an inch or 2 past shoulder is called long hair, any longer than that, you're getting studied and checked for tracks. Seriously, Full APL is going to be something serious around my parts and BSL??? And not Domican or half-something..OMG! Lol..But there may always be women that stay stuck behind the frosted glass when it comes to the length and healthiness potential of their hair, I mean we're talking generations of "The Miseducation of Our Hair" I believe this board is slowly changing that though, as we all achieve our goals, so will we pass on our teachings and regimens to our daughters and daughters, daughters for a future of black women that have natural long hair and can go ahead and get a haircut go from texlaxed, to relaxed, to natural and back again and not worry about how long it's going to take to grow her hair back, because she'll know and she'll achieve it.

I'm sorry, ya'll must just scrollpast my posts and I apologize, I'm a writer and an avid essay writer especially on subjects that stimulate my interest. Don't mind me.:cool:

:D ITA!!! The right information brings change. Hopefully a long lasting one, so proper hair care wont be such a mystery.

Re: Is it just me? Or is anyone else noticing that alot of members are at bsl or appr

it might take me ten years!! I'll be happy if I can get to a six inch semi-relaxed (tex-laxed?) afro. I have never been able to grow it that long since I was a kid. It's very encouraging to see that we black women can grow long hair with good care.

foxy_brown said:
it might take me ten years!! I'll be happy if I can get to a six inch semi-relaxed (tex-laxed?) afro. I have never been able to grow it that long since I was a kid. It's very encouraging to see that we black women can grow long hair with good care.

Welcome foxy. It won't take you six years, as long as you put the knowledge that you get here at lhcf into practice you will be fine. The biggest hurdle might be figuring out what works best for your hair. Once you do that you should do well. HHG

I would not say a lot but there is a lot more since I started looking at the hair boards. In addition, not to be pessimistics but some people bras are a bit high but if you think you are bra strap..I will not steal anyone's thunder.

When I joined this board a few years ago, I was at shoulder length. Now, after 2 years of a consistant regimen I'm about 1 inch from brastrap and I own it completely to this board. My hair has never grown past shoulder length.:)

spiceykitten said:
I would not say a lot but there is a lot more since I started looking at the hair boards. In addition, not to be pessimistics but some people bras are a bit high but if you think you are bra strap..I will not steal anyone's thunder.

Yes, its possible to be brastrap with one bra and armpit with another bra. I use my deeper back bra to determine because I dont want to fool myself. When I make the announcement best to believe I will be officially BSL.

Krissyprissy:

Yes, I know depending on the bra. I am sure you will know when you are at bra strap. I cannot wait till you get there. I find your hair to be fabulous!

I love the shine and the soft look of your hair. Your hair is very beautiful!!

spiceykitten said:

:lol: This was me for the longest! I was really scared to call myself BSL because all of my bras are high on me.

Lauren:

Girl, your hair so fab too! You make me drool at the thickness and length.

Your have beautiful midback hair! So please be quiet! LOL

You need to change your goal to waist length challenge! Do you have hair anorexia??

Ha ha I once believed that my hair was a little past my sholders and that was the way it would stay. Someone linked me to this board when I said that and low and behond it's definitely grown (past APL now I think).

Serenity_Peace said:
Bumpity Bump :smile:

For the ladies who never had long hair before and/or who couldn't get past shoulder length: what did you do to finally break that barrier? If you are now BSL, what was the regimen that helped you the most?

I always DC'd and roller set so I just added some new techniques. Regular moisturizing, more frequent use of protective hairstyles, wearing a scarf at night, no more heat, and adding oils (sweet almond, coconut, castor, DAHO) were key. At the same time I started going to a different salon because the previous one kept applying the relaxer all the way to the ends. I tried other things but did the abovementioned the most consistently.

I am looking forward to reaching my hair goals...if I hadn't suffered a setback I'd be halfway there by now :( but that's ok you live and you learn. :ohwell: I'm back on track and expect to reach 2 of my goal(s) within the next 2 years. :yep:

Serenity_Peace said:
Glad you said that. I was feeling kinda old up in here!:D

Hey your not alone, I'll be 30 in October. For some reason I think everyone here is 30 something....

chica_canella said:
ing it. I remember when I first came on this site and there weren't as many BSL or approaching. But now, when I scroll through the posts alot of women have BSL hair on here or somewhere between APL and BSL. I think pretty soon, it will be standard for most members to have BSL hair or longer. But at least BSL and that will be nothing because most of us will be used to it.

I mean in three years, I could see everyone that is a member now and is consistent with their hair care being BSL or longer.

Congrats everyone.:D

oh and healthy too.

i'll bump this thread in three years. lol

girl, i was saying the same thing to my girlfirend a few days ago. when istarted in 2003, most ladies were chin or shoulder lenght. now, most are bsl. definitely inspiring

:) This inspires me also!!!! There are som many beautiful women with long and (most important) HEALTHY hair!!! I'm so glad I found this site. Now I realize that with the right regimen it CAN be done. I'm so encourage and very excited to start seeing my own progress. I've only been here a few weeks and I can already tell the difference in the health of my hair!!
:dance7: I love it!!

girl, i was saying the same thing to my girlfirend a few days ago. when istarted in 2003, most ladies were chin or shoulder lenght. now, most are bsl. definitely inspiring

this thread is so encouraging and exciting..3 years from now "God willing" we will all blow peoples minds, the board will be in the news. A community of long haired ladies. BSL to Floor !:D. I think 3 years from now we should have North American "LHCF" meeting at a major hotel and celebrate.:yay::yay:

Since joining LHCF, I've just gotten better at taking care of my hair! There was a time when I would go for days with a dry ponytail or I would go to sleep without covering my hair...and my mom would tell me "Ooh you dont take care of your hair!" --and she's not into hair, like that..she like a 2c/3a so what does she have to worry about! LOL--

Nowawdays, you wouldnt catch me not pre-pooing, co-washing, doing my protien treatments and most of all MOISTURIZING!!!!! I'll do a cartwheel when I hit APL!

oooh, i just had to bump this thread. I must be bsl in two years.:lachen:

seriously though.:look:

BSL is the bizness baby!!:Copy of 2cool:

Still can't wait for WSL though....

LHCF is very inspirational in that you can come here and see the progress of women who were where you are right now, and have made it to the goals that you have set for yourself.

I also believe, like Isis, that healthy, long hair will be the norm for us in the future.

The things we are doing to grow long hair are not necessarily hard....they are just "different" from what we have been taught to do in the past, for generations. For those who can accept a different way of actually caring for their hair, they will also reap the rewards of healthier hair.

I wonder where I would be if I never found this site...? Probably not much past APL because I may have been tempted to solicit the help of some scissor-happy stylist to "care for" my hair.

Anywho, congrats to everyone as they reach their hair goals!

Back