Is It Just Me... Or Does BSL Seem

1Aleeesha

Short? I'm Grazing BSL currently after a mini trim and it doesn't feel like BSL is a long length at all... I've been longer lengths, MBL and WL included. But BSL is short to me.

Here's a "Mini-Lazy-11:30pm EST-Update" http://public.fotki.com/Aleeesha/april-9/grbsl.html

ETA DH measured me he says I'm not grazing BSL I am BSL my hair covers my measuring Bra... I'm 1inch from MBL and 4 inches from WL... Just an update.

Last edited:

LongiLox

It will always seem long to those of us who haven't gotten there yet. Lol.

ETA: I think I suffer from hairnorexia as well. I feel like my hair is never really long until I get to MBL.

1Aleeesha

All my life I wanted BSL hair and now that I have it I'm like :ohwell:
LMAO
I am ungrateful I guess :lachen:

You know what my husband was looking through my album with me noticing the differences as we went through the pages...:lachen:... Funny thing is I said you know what, I'm going to grow to tail bone just to see if I can lol. He seemed rather intrigued lol.

I know I can especially since my shears are broken and I vowed not to buy anymore until January 2010. I'm scissor happy.:ohwell:

lilsparkle825

All of y'all long haired folks say that...but I fear it's gonna happen to me too. I said that once I got to APL I would fall on the floor crying; I was there right before I BC'd (and didn't realize it till that night) and now I am there again, and I feel like my hair is short. Maybe that will change when I get to your length.

ellebelle88

Me too!!! I feel the same way. For as long as I can remember, I've always wanted to reach BSL hair. that was pretty much my only goal. Now that I'm close to it, my hair seems sooo short. I hate it!! I think Mid-Back Length would be a good goal though.

Denise11

It seems short to me too. Maybe it's because I've always had APL-BSL hair. I'm about 1" from BSL now, and I'm glad because that means MBL is not far away. MBL and WL are long lengths to me.

Adaoba2012

I think it also depends on how tall you are...I'm 5'9" so BSL on me would be longer than BSL on a girl who is 5'4" IMO...

Kacie

I agree that it seems long until you are close to achieving it. I have a couple strands touching BSL & I'm not to excited.

I'm kinda weirded out thinking about my hair possibly touching the toilet when I sit, so I'll probably aim for MBL at the longest.

ADB

BSL does not seem long to me either. I use to be waistlength and I considered that long. It might have been a little to long on me. So I think this time I'll shoot for MBL. I think that's the perfect length for me not to short and not to long.:yep:

BlackHairDiva

I feel exactly the same way!!! When I started on my LHCF journey I thought to myself APL would be long and heaven....well I'm APL and seems short. My goals are not the same that when I started in here. APL used to be my goal but now I want mid back.

MAMATO

APL and longer is long for me specially if the person is tall, 5'8 and higher...Youguys really need to recover from hairnorexia:lachen:

*fabulosity*

APL and longer is long for me specially if the person is tall, 5'8 and higher...Youguys really need to recover from hairnorexia:lachen:

Uh yeah.. because I'm looking at the distance my hair would have to be to be BSL and that's a lot of hair.. but maybe some people wear their bras higher up on the back??? That's my goal length.. any hair beyond that is extra...:grin:

vestaluv1

:nono: In my opinion it would be ludicrous to say that BSL was SHORT! :perplexed

When I first came to the board, I aimed for APL, thinking that BSL was probably unattainable, but now that I'm closer to BSL than APL, I'm aiming for BSL, and think that I may even try for MBL...

I've always thought that short hair was anything above the shoulders AT LEAST!

Serious hairnorexia on the board!

luckiestdestiny

I always thought bsl was long but not super long. I always wanted to get back to MBL, then waist (not there yet hoping to soon as I'm past MBL but not waist) and I thought waist was what I want but now I want tailbone after seeing someone w/ tailbone that wasn't overpowering. Go figure. I guess things change the longer my hair gets!

cutenss

I thought I was the only one who thought that. I have always had long hair. Aroud BSL or so, but it never seem long enough. I think I would be happy with the length, IF it was thicker. I just saw a girl yesterday in a store. She was only APL, but her hair was so think and swangin', that it seemed longer than mine. I want to be MBL, BUT with thickness and swang! How do you get this thickness to go along with the length?:scratchch

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
I'm almost 5'9 and BSL will be a long length for me, ya'll need to recover from this disorder.

luckiestdestiny

I'm almost 5'9 and BSL will be a long length for me, ya'll need to recover from this disorder.
:rolleyes: Let's see if you change your mind when you get there.

I am not beating myself up for not being a length, I just want it a little longer. Nothing wrong with that. But I do think my midback length is long.