In search of good, inexpensive Moisturizing Shampoo

princessdi

Ok. I’m in need of a good moisturizing shampoo. I purchased Kenra’s Moisturizing shampoo and hate it; I also just bought Pantene’s Nature Moisture Balance Shampoo and hate it – both of these shampoos make my hair tangle and it feels stripped but not soft. May hair almost feels as though I’ve done a protein treatment with these. Any way, can’t use these, so I’m searching for another inexpensive brand. I’m not paying lots of money again only to end up hating the product; hence, Kenra.

Has anyone used Herbal Essence’s Replenishing Shampoo? I love the Replenishing Conditioner, but as we all know, most of the time we end up liking the conditioner more than the shampoo. I like Crème of Natures Moisturizing Shampoo (green/white label) but can’t find it anymore; not even on their site, so I’m assuming it’s been discontinued. Can anyone tell me if Crème of Nature products contain cons. I think they do, but to clarify.

Anyone like Crème of Nature’s Kiwi & Citrus Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo for Dry, Brittle Hair?

Let me know what you think regarding good, inexpensive moisturizing shampoos.

Thanks ladies!!!!

crlsweetie912

Ok. I’m in need of a good moisturizing shampoo. I purchased Kenra’s Moisturizing shampoo and hate it; I also just bought Pantene’s Nature Moisture Balance Shampoo and hate it – both of these shampoos make my hair tangle and it feels stripped but not soft. May hair almost feels as though I’ve done a protein treatment with these. Any way, can’t use these, so I’m searching for another inexpensive brand. I’m not paying lots of money again only to end up hating the product; hence, Kenra.

Has anyone used Herbal Essence’s Replenishing Shampoo? I love the Replenishing Conditioner, but as we all know, most of the time we end up liking the conditioner more than the shampoo. I like Crème of Natures Moisturizing Shampoo (green/white label) but can’t find it anymore; not even on their site, so I’m assuming it’s been discontinued. Can anyone tell me if Crème of Nature products contain cons. I think they do, but to clarify.

Anyone like Crème of Nature’s Kiwi & Citrus Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo for Dry, Brittle Hair?

Thanks ladies!!!!
Sally's still has it......I love this shampoo and this is what I use. HTH!

I like the old creme of nature formula, but I like NTM shampoo, and conditioner, have you thought about baking soda and water, I was going to try baking soda and water to shampoo my hair and see how it turns out, I'll let u know....

Tyra

Thanks ladies!!!!

:yep:All Day!!!
My hair has a tendency to appear a little um...thirsty at times, and this def. is a keeper.

Tyra

I like the old creme of nature formula, but I like NTM shampoo, and conditioner, have you thought about baking soda and water, I was going to try baking soda and water to shampoo my hair and see how it turns out, I'll let u know....

I did baking soda before. :nono:Not helpful as far as moisture goes at all. But it did get my scalp and hair really clean without stripping. In my opinion it's good to clarify but you will need a kick-butt conditioner afterwards. Good for maybe once a month. But you know, different heads different benefits.

KhandiB

CON Green - I can still find it in most of the BSS's in the Baltimore Area

Im gonna try Elasta QP Creme next .. Heard rave reviews about it

disgtgyal

I agree elasta qp is moisturizing which I used in the past but I prefer joico moisture recovery shampoo. If you're having issues with your hair feeling stripped mayb you should try diluting whatever shampoo you decide to use. HTH. Good luck

MissNina

Libra Girl
Good old Nexxus Therappe is old faithful. I wouldn't say it's GREAT, but it's good enough to get the job done for sure.

Nonie

Among the shampoos I use that I consider moisturizing are Nexxus Therappe as mentioned, Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo (you can get a liter for $12, but maybe get less to make sure you like it); Neutrogena Triple Moisture (I love the green cap (ie the Soothing) but even the orange cap isn't bad); and Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa.

hot_pepper96

My hair tangles with just about any shampoo I use except Keracare Detanlging and SoftSheen Carson Breakthru Shampoos. Seriously, Keracare is a lifesaver for me!

MissNina

Libra Girl
Among the shampoos I use that I consider moisturizing are Nexxus Therappe as mentioned, Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo (you can get a liter for $12, but maybe get less to make sure you like it); Neutrogena Triple Moisture (I love the green cap (ie the Soothing) but even the orange cap isn't bad); and Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa.

That Elucence shampoo sounds yummy :lick:

Thanks for the link!

LaidBak

Aphogee Deep Moisture shampoo is the best I've ever tried. It leaves my hair feeling so good that I don't even need conditioner.

princessdi

Thanks for your responses ladies! I'm going to search for the Creme of Nature Moisture Shampoo (green/white label) as it seems to work really well with my hair. I have the Elucence Moisture Shampoo, however, the last time I used it, it didn't seem to work that well with my hair. I'm going to dig it out and try it again.

xosha1

Thanks ladies!!!!

I just tried this tonight along with the Chamomile & Comfrey conditioner cuz I got them as samples from my new local BSS. I was pleasantly surprised! The shampoo is pretty good, though it doesn't give as much slip as the old CON. But, the conditioner was awesome on my hair! It gave me the slip I have been looking for to detangle my hair in the shower. :woot: I have a serious tangling problem after my shampoo due to a damaged patch in the back of my head and being 12 weeks post relaxer. This let me get through it with minimal tugging and hair loss. I'd say this one is a keeper for me.

Maz11

I'd also say Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo. Its really moisturizing, no sulfates, and the 8 fl.oz. only cost about $3.00.

unalteredone

Elasta QP Creme Shampoo is one the best cheapies.

YES. My hair has never felt as soft, detangled, and moisturized after a shampoo as it does after using this shampoo. AND IT IS SOO CHEAP. you pay the same price for a liter as you would for a few ounces of other stuff.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Love me some CON Green, yea try a regular BSS.
I bought the last one in my local Sallys but seen tons at a regular BSS earlier this week.

Last edited:

lina

The silk elements moisturizing shampoo made my hair VERY,VERY moisturized. Good stuff!! I didn't like the conditoner though. I can't wait to try the Crème of Nature’s Kiwi & Citrus Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditoner for Dry, Brittle Hair.

summergirl08

I use a diluted mix of Dr. Bronner's Almond Castile soap and water in an applicator bottle. I have finally found the perfect moisturizing cleanser for my hair. The Castile soap has natural oils and no harsh detergents. I'll be using this mix forever :yep:

princessdi

No, I have not tried the baking soda and water although I've heard a lot about it. I'm kind of scared that it will strip my hair and tangle it. Let me know how it works with you. I may give it a try.

Thanks for the response!

princessdi

I forgot about the Neutrogena Triple Moisture shampoo. It used to be a staple of mine. I will have to go back to it. I also want to try Elasta QP Creme Shampoo.

Thanks for the responses ladies!!!

Barbara

Princess
Has anyone used Tresemme Moisturizing shampoo? If so, what were your results? It must not be that moisturizing, because it's hardly mentioned.

HoneyDew

shampoos have never been moisturizing to me.

non-drying, yeah. But I cannot say I find one that is actually moisturizing.