In Heaven Will You Remember Your Life, Family, Etc?

ZapMami

I lost a family member a while back and I talked to them a few days before they died. He had Cancer but I really thought he would pull through. I did not think that he would go as quickly as he did. He went into the hospital for what I thought was a simple procedure and ended up dying. I did not get to tell him that I loved him. My family is not that close we are not the type that just say stuff like that. But I feel really bad that I never got a chance to tell him just how much I loved and cared about him. I have always thought that if we get to heaven that we would be reunited with friends and family so I gained some peace through thinking that I would see him again one day in heaven. I was talking to this guy the other day and he told me that he was always taught that you will not recognize friends and family--that part of the happiness of heaven is not remembering the troubles of the earth. In heaven we will just relate to everyone as brothers and sisters in Christ. So basically you forget everything of the world. I just keep thinking about it and it bothers me to think that I wont know my family..... What are your thoughts?

Divine.

My opinion may be different than most people, but I don't care to remember anything from my time on this earth. There is nothing in this life I care about because I know nothing can compare to the beauty of heaven. Heaven is just better!

Goombay_Summer

The best proof that we will know the ones we loved in the afterlife was given by the Apostle Paul in his first letter to the church in Corinth. In chapter 15 he is responding to questions regarding what kind or type of body Christians will possess after they are resurrected from their graves and given eternal life (1Corinthians 15:35). His answer is that a seed planted in the ground does not sprout unless it 'dies' first. He also states that what is planted does not initially look anything like what it will later produce (verses 37 - 38).

Paul goes on to state that our earthly, weak and mortal physical bodies that are 'sown' or put in the grave will be replaced with an immortal, strong and beautiful spiritual body (verses 42 - 44).He tells us plainly that, "if there is a natural, i.e., physical, body, there is also a spiritual body." There is every reason to believe that spiritual bodies will be recognized by those who knew the physical. The spiritual body will be perfect, not flawed as are physical bodies. Those who knew the physical body will be able to recognize the spiritual body of a loved one.

blazingthru

(1 Corinthians 13:12 ) For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

If your family is in Christ and yourself, you will see them in heaven and they will know you and you will know them.

Three things to expect, One you made it. hallelujah, two your friends family and others you have ministered to in one form or another made it. three those who you thought would surely make it do not.

The bible says And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him” (Hebrews 5:9). Obedience is truly one of the spiritual requirements for entrance into the kingdom. John declared that “there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defiles” (Revelation 21:27) We must be in Christ and obedient.

If your love one or family member etc., is not in Christ (God forbid) then you will review the books and learn why they did not make it.

But we all get there together, This is our comfort.
For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will also bring with Him through Jesus those who have fallen asleep [in death].

15 For this we declare to you by the Lord’s [own] word, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord shall in no way precede [into His presence] or have any advantage at all over those who have previously fallen asleep [in Him in death].

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud cry of summons, with the shout of an archangel, and with the blast of the trumpet of God. And those who have departed this life in Christ will rise first.

17 Then we, the living ones who remain [on the earth], shall simultaneously be caught up along with [the resurrected dead] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so always (through the eternity of the eternities) we shall be with the Lord!

18 Therefore comfort and encourage one another with these words.

Galadriel

I lost a family member a while back and I talked to them a few days before they died. He had Cancer but I really thought he would pull through. I did not think that he would go as quickly as he did. He went into the hospital for what I thought was a simple procedure and ended up dying. I did not get to tell him that I loved him. My family is not that close we are not the type that just say stuff like that. But I feel really bad that I never got a chance to tell him just how much I loved and cared about him. I have always thought that if we get to heaven that we would be reunited with friends and family so I gained some peace through thinking that I would see him again one day in heaven. I was talking to this guy the other day and he told me that he was always taught that you will not recognize friends and family--that part of the happiness of heaven is not remembering the troubles of the earth. In heaven we will just relate to everyone as brothers and sisters in Christ. So basically you forget everything of the world. I just keep thinking about it and it bothers me to think that I wont know my family..... What are your thoughts?

God created us, and we have value as individual beings. There will never be another *you* and there will never be another *me.* And God designs it that way.

We do not lose who we are when we go to Heaven, in fact, we become the BEST versions of ourselves because we have been sanctified through Christ. While I agree that we won't remember pain or unhappiness from earth, we will most certainly remember who we are and recognize others in Heaven.

This is part of the Communion of Saints. All of God's servants, both in Heaven and on earth, are in communion with each other through Christ--we are the Church. It is said that the church members on earth are the "Church Militant," because we still take up the Cross and fight against Satan and the forces of evil (and goodness, if you've seen that Planned Parenthood thread and that other one about that Satanic statue being set up in Detroit, then we have got our work cut out for us). The Church in Heaven is called the "Church Triumphant," because the saints in Heaven have overcome the trials and tribulations of earth.

Since the earliest times, Christians have petitioned the Heavenly saints by name "Saint John, pray for us..." "Saint Teresa, pray for us..." because even in Heaven, they still have their names and respond to them.

Your family member will recognize you. You will recognize him.

But most importantly, the purpose of this life is to love God and serve Him, and to be happy with Him for eternity in Heaven. Thus, your PRIMARY joy and happiness will be in seeing God face-to-face, and living in communion with Him forever. Your secondary joys will be seeing your loved ones, seeing the holy angels and the saints, and your own personal holiness in Christ because He has sanctified you.