• Transitioning

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • Texturized

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Race: black/african american
How long have you been a member? 1 year & 2months
What has been your experience on LHCF? postive, lots of helpful info, it's really alot more than info about hair here.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? I only visited a few, it seems we have more of a mix here. Some sites target certain hair types, for example we have people that may have been relaxed at one point and are now natural, but can still offer there advice from past experiences and vice versa.

OP, is this for a statistics class? If so, how are you going to gather the data if everyone's answer is different?

Hi, I am a new member on LHCF and a Spelman College student and I need your help. I am conducting a poll and need participants. The poll information and other information I need is going to used in an English paper. The paper in no shape or form will be negative. I found this website to be interesting and want to write about it, so please help out if you can.

Race:Black
How long have you been a member?1 yr
What has been your experience on LHCF? Very positive. I have learned so much about hair care and I get a ton of entertainment from here. People here are so friendly and helpful. Every now and then there is drama, but we are all mature enough to deal with it and move along. We can all relate to each others stories which makes it easy to communicate and hear each other.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? People will help and remain positive no matter what your hair status is and no matter what struggles you are going through with your hair. No body will criticize the choices others make, but they will help people make informed choices

Answers in red bold

Race: black
How long have you been a member: 11 months
What has been your experience on LHCF: I love it.
What makes this website different from other hair sites: The wealth of knowledge.

Race: Black

How long have you been a member? 2 years, 4 months

What has been your experience on LHCF? Very positive; this site (along with others) has taught me how to take care of my hair properly.

What makes this website different from other hair sites? There are a lot more people here that any other site that I've visited. I welcome the abundance of opinions, ideas, techniques and tips that such a large forum offers.

Hi, I am a new member on LHCF and a Spelman College student and I need your help. I am conducting a poll and need participants. The poll information and other information I need is going to used in an English paper. The paper in no shape or form will be negative. I found this website to be interesting and want to write about it, so please help out if you can.

How long have you been a member?
What has been your experience on LHCF?
What makes this website different from other hair sites?

Hi there!!! Let us know how the paper turns out....

Race: African/ Cherokee/ american

How long have you been a member? since 2007

What has been your experience on LHCF? For the most part - it has been positive. However, I do not post as often any longer due to occasional tensions with a small number of members, studies, and personal time constraints. I have decided to limit my posting to vacation times.

Well, it seems that the subscription for LCHF makes all the difference between this site and other free sites. I left another hair site, because I felt a great amount of negative energy regarding natural hair, and organic hair methods. In addtion, other sites had outside forums that I felt were offensive and problematic for my family computer use.

Last edited:

How long have you been a member? about 2.5 months

What has been your experience on LHCF? very positive, everyone is so supportive, there is also a lot of knowledge on this board, I have learned a lot

What makes this website different from other hair sites? it is easier to navigate, its more than about hair ( I really like that), I love all of the fotkis

Race:All Black
How long have you been a member? 1 year, 7 months
What has been your experience on LHCF? LHCF has saved my hair, opened my eyes to what I should expect from my hair, annnnnnd my favorite has saved me googobs of money because now I dont have to pay $40/week for a beautician to ruin my hair:lachen:
What makes this website different from other hair sites? I have never been a member of any other sites but the ladies here seem to have similar interests and goals as I do. LHCF was the first site I found for hair and I've been so satisfied I haven't found a need to look elsewhere.

Race:Black latina(dominican)
How long have you been a member?a year
What has been your experience on LHCF?Lovely!! Thanks to this website i started my hair journey. Also, if it wasn't for this site i would had never know that my hair could grow.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? Its information, it has a lot a lot of information!!You can just hit the search button and find anything you need.

Race: Black/African-American
How long have you been a member? 1 year
What has been your experience on LHCF? Overwhelmingly positive. I've learned so much about hair care and beauty.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? The welcoming attitude and the sheer amount of activity on this board makes it always interesting to return to.

How long have you been a member? a couple of months
What has been your experience on LHCF? I am on here all day everyday
What makes this website different from other hair sites? this website is different because we all joined for the common purpose of healthy hair BUT there is a host of other real life information, subjects, and ideas shared.

How long have you been a member? 10 months
What has been your experience on LHCF? AWSOME and VERY POSITIVE The members are very helpful and supportive. Furthermore, I have gained SOO much knowledge about hair care and beauty that I never knew.What makes this website different from other hair sites? To me this website is more like family than just a hair forum.

Race: African American:yep:

How long have you been a member? Just shy of 1 year

What has been your experience on LHCF? Positive. Sistas are ready and willing to help each other out. It takes time to learn what is best for your hair, but it's all here for you to try and see if it works for you.

What makes this website different from other hair sites? Well because we pay to be members, we get a lot of perks. The search feature rocks, the fact that you can hide your fotki from non-members, we have no major drama, the long haired sistas tend to stick around once they reach their goals and help pull up the rest of us. So, real dedication.

Race:black
What has been your experience on LHCF? Positive and informative
What makes this website different from other hair sites? Haven't been to other sites.

Hi Spelman sister! Welcome!

How long have you been a member? 6 months
What has been your experience on LHCF? Health and managable hair
What makes this website different from other hair sites? Friendly and helpful people with great stories

How long have you been a member? 9 months
What has been your experience on LHCF? Very helpful and positive women
haven't been on anyother sites consistently

Our English professor wants us to play a culture expert and analyze on-line communities. The paper will give insight on the online communites in such a way to explain to someone else its purpose. I have to answer the question why do people find LHCF so interesting, and LHCF's effects on people's lives. I don't know if I answered the question well enough, but I hope I did. Thank you for welcoming me and replying.

How interesting! And I am an HBCU alumni and in grad school at Howard, so I am happy to help!

Race: African-American
How long have you been a member? 3 or 4 months
What has been your experience on LHCF? Very positive. Everyone is helpful and I have learned more about hair care in a few months than I did for many years. But, sometimes, you have to be careful not to offend b/c hair is a sensitive subject.

The focus is on HEALTHY hair, whether it's natural/relaxed/ weaved up/ or whatever. From my experience so far, people are not judgmental.

Race: Black, Dominican, and Native American
How long have you been a member? October 2007
What has been your experience on LHCF? Extremely positive. These ladies have encouraged me and helped me through tough times.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? It's all about love and hair here! We're like a family!:grin:

How long have you been a member? I think 3 years
What has been your experience on LHCF? Postitive!!! I love this place. You can really make great friends and I always learn something. We have some very sharp ladies and even though you won't agree with every opinion you read here, you can take something from the conversation that you didn't think about before.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? I haven't really been on any others.

How long have you been a member? a year in March
What has been your experience on LHCF? My experience here on LHCF has been informative to say the least. When I first started it was all about hair b/c I was experiencing hair breakage/ shedding. I did a lot of lurking and found myself becoming a PJ so I took control absorbed the most valuable information that worked for my hair and stuck w/ it.
Unsure can't leave this one alone.:yep:

What has been your experience on LHCF? I have learned a lot about caring for my relaxed and now natural hair.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? dunno???

Race: Afro-Carribean American
How long have you been a member? A little over a year
What has been your experience on LHCF? Welcoming and highly informative
What makes this website different from other hair sites? The vast majority of cultures, ideals, and races which participate in the forums. A few of the other hair forums I'm a member of are less balanced either racially or perspectively.

Race: Black American
How long have you been a member? 14 months
What has been your experience on LHCF? Very positive - I only wish I could've found this site years ago.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? I really don't know b/c I'm not a frequenter of other hair sites. I do LHCF & I do Fotki, which isn't really a hair site.

Back