Im seem stuck at apl length...i want my hair longer

levette

I feel I have been stuck at apl for yrs now... I don't know what else to do... I wonder if my age (40ish) is a factor... My goal is mid back length... How many yes would it take to reach that length realistically... 4a/b ladies relaxed ladies who have very long hair..what have you done to grow and keep long hair

MissC320

I was wondering the same thing the previous poster mentioned. I'm natural so my advice may not help.....
ETA my mother maintained long straightened hair for most of her life. She was in the military so it was a mana distort bun everyday except on weekends. She is now in her late 50's around apl. I think what keeps her at this length now is wearing her hair out a lot more and using heat too often.

Last edited:

Jace032000

I too don't think age is a factor. I'm not relaxed but I was stuck at SL for quite a while until recently. I changed up my regimen to include moisturizing and sealing my hair and washing weekly (co-washing). I also started taking vitamins and cut back on heat usage. Again, I'm natural so probably not what you're looking for….but I think your issue may be retention as opposed to growth. Would love to know what your regimen.

levette

I'm try to only flatiron 1x a month.. I wash 2x a week and usually airdry.. I will sleep with 3 flexirodd in hair and wear it out.. At times I wear half wigs to give my hair a break... I relax Around 12 weeks up to 16 weeks

Beamodel

I'm MBL (relaxed). I keep my hair in a pony tail (mostly) and on the weekends I wear my hair down.

If I don't do anything else... I moisturize and seal my ends DAILY. This has helped me to retain all my length.

I DC twice a week but lately I've been doing it once a week. I relax my hair every 11 to 12 weeks.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I protective style 99.9% of the time. My hair is always in a bun. I make sure to DC every wash and sometimes will use Ayurvedic oils mixed into my DC's . I alternate between protein and moisture conditioners or DC's when I wash, just depends on how my hair feels.

I will tea rinse to help combat shedding, this could be green tea or black tea. I also stretch my relaxers 12-16 wks or more and I M&s every 3 days.

Toy

I wear ponytails or braids 5 days out the week.
On weekends its either down or in some type of hair contraption.
2x a week co wash & deep condition.
Very rarely use heat.

levette

I'm going to try to wear half wigs more to give my hair a break... I will also moisturizer and seal daily to see if that helps

greenandchic

I am BSL and what has helped is moisturizing and sealing almost daily while balancing protein and moisture. My hair is mostly in protective styles and I DC 1-2 times a week. I very rarely use heat and if I do, its via hair dryer - no irons.