Im ready to move on to thio

dany06

I've been playing around with japanese thermal straighteners on curly slightly coarse virgin remy hair and my shed hair. On both the extensions and my hair came out super duper smooth and shiny. This is true for air drying the hair as well. I know that they say hydroxide relaxers dont mesh well with thio but some stylist out their have been saying different. And my experiment disproves the myth that ultimate horror will happen if these two product touch, but I doubt that it is healthy for the hair.

For my hair samples, I collected test bundles with rough 100 hairs in each. All hairs were cuticle alligned and the bundle were knotted at the top. I used sensitve strength for one and resistent strength for the other. The straightening system I used was Matrix Opti smooth. It came with a dvd and all three strengths of straightening cream. The kit also contained a neutralizer and post treatment conditioner and a leave-in/thermal protector. Each sample bundle had about 70% of the hair texlaxed and the other 30% natural. The hair airdried so beautifully. I need to go back home and play with the bundles now.

I currently have the hair extension in my possesion now. The extension hair blow dries so straight in comparison to the untreated side. The extension hair is on a weft that is about 6 inches wide. 3 inches of the hair has been thermally straightened and the other 3 inches is natural curly.

Im really thinking about trying this on my head. I'll do a sample first before doing my whole head. Currently Im waiting for a bit more new growth before I do anything. I decided on this brand because you can do either cold smoothing or thermal reconditioning with one product. And between getting the hair thermal reconditioned you can cold smooth it.

this ladies videos and comments made on lamas beauty makes me want to try this out .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTf-JB5ECqg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ADUxPhXeQ&feature=related
(this one she actually uses it over relaxed hair)

One thing that I've noticed on the extension hair is that it feels super stretchy while wet. As soon as the hair dries it feels strong again. The hair also tangles a bit when wetted. I rinse the hair some prior to shampooing. Once I shampooed the hair with encanto shampoo the tangled melted. I was wondering why companies like milbon had very special shampoo techniques and shampoo for tangly hair.

belldandy

not sure but i hope you know what you are doing because it sounds really technical and I would be too scared of my hair falling out. Maybe some of the ladies with experience in that area will chime in. btw, why did you test the extension hair? just to compare how it would react against your shed hairs?

dany06

Yeah I will make sure to be careful with it. The directions are on dvd seems to be very straight forward. I will test a section of my hair prior to putting it on my whole head. Im growing my hair out a bit more before I even think about trying it.

The reason why I did extensions was to try it on "virgin" hair. I currently do not have virgin hair and wanted to see the result on virgin hair in comparison to previously processed hair. It is not recommended that one shoud use hydroxide relaxers over thio and vice versa. Some stylist out there say that it is possible to do this, but there goal is to eventually cut off the hydroxide relaxed ends and have a head full of thermal reconditioned hair.

ebonylocs

How did your experiment go with the thio?

I don't like the way lye relaxers make hair stiff and brittle. It seems unavoidable, not matter how much you DC.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Don't do it! If you aren't happy with it, you can't just switch to a lye or no lye relaxer to fix it. I tried to do it with a jheri curl and lost all my hair.:nono: That was 5 years ago. Jheri curls used thio- or st least the one I used, did.:sad:

Bnster

I've been playing around with japanese thermal straighteners on curly slightly coarse virgin remy hair and my shed hair. On both the extensions and my hair came out super duper smooth and shiny. This is true for air drying the hair as well. I know that they say hydroxide relaxers dont mesh well with thio but some stylist out their have been saying different. And my experiment disproves the myth that ultimate horror will happen if these two product touch, but I doubt that it is healthy for the hair.

For my hair samples, I collected test bundles with rough 100 hairs in each. All hairs were cuticle alligned and the bundle were knotted at the top. I used sensitve strength for one and resistent strength for the other. The straightening system I used was Matrix Opti smooth. It came with a dvd and all three strengths of straightening cream. The kit also contained a neutralizer and post treatment conditioner and a leave-in/thermal protector. Each sample bundle had about 70% of the hair texlaxed and the other 30% natural. The hair airdried so beautifully. I need to go back home and play with the bundles now.

I currently have the hair extension in my possesion now. The extension hair blow dries so straight in comparison to the untreated side. The extension hair is on a weft that is about 6 inches wide. 3 inches of the hair has been thermally straightened and the other 3 inches is natural curly.

Im really thinking about trying this on my head. I'll do a sample first before doing my whole head. Currently Im waiting for a bit more new growth before I do anything. I decided on this brand because you can do either cold smoothing or thermal reconditioning with one product. And between getting the hair thermal reconditioned you can cold smooth it.

this ladies videos and comments made on lamas beauty makes me want to try this out .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTf-JB5ECqg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ADUxPhXeQ&feature=related
(this one she actually uses it over relaxed hair)

One thing that I've noticed on the extension hair is that it feels super stretchy while wet. As soon as the hair dries it feels strong again. The hair also tangles a bit when wetted. I rinse the hair some prior to shampooing. Once I shampooed the hair with encanto shampoo the tangled melted. I was wondering why companies like milbon had very special shampoo techniques and shampoo for tangly hair.

This the second time I stumble upon this on youtube. Have you tried this on your hair dany06 ? Let us know the results.

Has any of the LHCF ladies tried it?
Thanks!

ETA: - The youtube link I stumbled upon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtVKAR5pNd8&NR=1

Last edited: