I'M PISSED ABOUT THE NEWS OF MY CHURCH!!

Honey6928215

I had just received news from a close friend of my that our church now has a new name. It's bad enough that they want to move the whole congregation way across town from the original community. But they are building that is very inconvient from the black community who don't have transportation and depend on a bus to get to church and now they are moving to a new location. I am so pissed. I don't know maybe it's just me but my church has been on this side of town since the beginning and now it like they are trying to throw away the history of it and bring in the new.

I'm just venting right now so bear with me. Please what's your opinion? Is this normal to feel that way or should I just go along with it as a faithful member?

firecracker

Honey6928215 said:
I had just received news from a close friend of my that our church now has a new name. It's bad enough that they want to move the whole congregation way across town from the original community. But they are building that is very inconvient from the black community who don't have transportation and depend on a bus to get to church and now they are moving to a new location. I am so pissed. I don't know maybe it's just me but my church has been on this side of town since the beginning and now it like they are trying to throw away the history of it and bring in the new.

I think you are upset and typing rather fast. I don't understand the bolded:confused: . Do you mean they are building a new church in an inconvienent location across town?

I'm just venting right now so bear with me. Please what's your opinion? Is this normal to feel that way or should I just go along with it as a faithful member?

Do you have some kind of direct say so on the church board? If not you cannot stop them so you either go across town on the bus or find another local church home to attend.
I can understand your feelings because you feel displaced and unimportant. Maybe they outgrew the old location and need more room for a bigger and brighter future.

Honey6928215

firecracker said:
Do you have some kind of direct say so on the church board? If not you cannot stop them so you either go across town on the bus or find another local church home to attend.
I can understand your feelings because you feel displaced and unimportant. Maybe they outgrew the old location and need more room for a bigger and brighter future.

No, unfortunately, I don't have a direct say in the matter. The only thing I have is that I've been a member for 25 years. Not that it means anything to them considering that the majority of the board have been members for ten years or less. I feel that if the pastor expects us to pay for this new church then he should have said something to the congregation FIRST instead of finding out about it on the news then expects us to go along with it.

I feel that as long as I pay my tithes and offering at least ask for our input of the matter. Girl, I can go on but I may have to pm you the rest. This is some deep shyt that I can't get into right now.

PaperClip

Honey6928215 said:

I'm really trying to apply wisdom here in my response 'cause this is disturbing on a number of levels.... Ok.... well.... hmmm....

I'm wondering how connected you were/are to this church if you had to hear about the happenings through a close friend.... And since you have been a member of the church for 25 years, you have some trust in God that this is the church that you are assigned to, and that the man and/or woman of God who has been appointed (hopefully by the Lord) to lead that church. So with that said, do you believe that your pastor hears from God? If so then, follow the cloud and quit complaining. A church move is more than a notion. Everybody won't go and everybody may not be called to go.... To answer your question, ASK THE LORD about what you should do.

And as far as the church changing locations, I have learned down through the years that PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY WANT TO DO. If they want it bad enough, they will find the way to do it. And, I would expect (hope) that the church will provide some kind of transportation from the old neighborhood to the new neighborhood.

I have been at my church for going on 18 years. We've moved three times. And each time was for the better, meaning more room to do more for the Kingdom of God.

Should the Lord bless you to be a pastor and give you your own church, you can do what you want to do.... Your pastor needs your prayers now, as always....

Honey6928215

This church is all I know. It's like a family to me. Our deacon has passed away and he has been a deacon for years. He's like the father of the church and I'm pretty emotional about that. I don't know maybe cause of his death and hearing the news was a bit too much for me.

As for the pastor hearing from God I was told it was from outside influences and not from 'above.' It's just the fact that people have been talking about the changes and they are not even members of my church. I want to believe that he's receive a call from God but I can't judge that.

This is our second church and we only been in it for five years. A lot is going through my mind right now so please bear with me. I will have to pray about it. As for transportation for others to get there, I haven't heard word but I'm sure someone will know before 'us.'

firecracker

Wow Honey. No wonder your upset. He didn't consult the congregation whom would be paying for this move? It was on the news and no announcement at the church prior? :eek: Some unsavory or munipulating things must be going down at the church behind closed doors or something. I really don't know what to say outside of maybe writing the Pastor and board members a letter. You don't wanna seem like a troublemaker by gathering opposition signatures do ya? I am sure alot of old members and maybe even new one may not like this move. I am at a lost for words. Poor baby. You will be in my prayers.

Honey6928215

firecracker said:
Wow Honey. No wonder your upset. He didn't consult the congregation whom would be paying for this move? It was on the news and no announcement at the church prior? :eek: Some unsavory or munipulating things must be going down at the church behind closed doors or something. I really don't know what to say outside of maybe writing the Pastor and board members a letter. You don't wanna seem like a troublemaker by gathering opposition signatures do ya? I am sure alot of old members and maybe even new one may not like this move. I am at a lost for words. Poor baby. You will be in my prayers.

Thanks Firecracker. I didn't expect some people to understand but you seem to know where I'm coming from with this. I thought I was the only one. I'm going to pm you later on today. There is more I have to tell you. Be on the lookout.

redeemed516

I can understand your anger. If the pastor didn't consult the congregation i do believe that is a bad move. My church just went through the decision to change the name or not. My pastor wanted something that more closely signified our intended relationship with God rather than just our location/community. He brought it before the body and the major response was that they didn't want to change the name. Did you all not vote on the location of the new building? With the move across town is the church going to provide some kind of transportation option to those who need it?

What ever you do...just don't forget to pray. Don't want to get sooo caught up in history or tradition that you speak ill against something that God may have planned. Just pray.

Honey6928215

redeemed516 said:
I can understand your anger. If the pastor didn't consult the congregation i do believe that is a bad move. My church just went through the decision to change the name or not. My pastor wanted something that more closely signified our intended relationship with God rather than just our location/community. He brought it before the body and the major response was that they didn't want to change the name. Did you all not vote on the location of the new building? With the move across town is the church going to provide some kind of transportation option to those who need it?

What ever you do...just don't forget to pray. Don't want to get sooo caught up in history or tradition that you speak ill against something that God may have planned. Just pray.

HELL NO!!! :mad: We had no idea of what was going on. We had to find out about it...ON THE NEWS!!!! There were no votes or no input from the congregation at all. It was like BAMMM! As for providing transportation to those who need it especially senior citizens there is no word of it yet but who knows. I just don't like the way it's handled. A lot of the members are pretty sore about it as well considering that it's leaving to black community to go somewhere else where other businesses has already closed down due to traffic congestion and highway. So you can imagine the commute.

I try not to speak ill will of it 'cause I certainly don't want it to backfire on me but this doesn't sit too well with me. Among other things.