I'm Getting a Relaxer

Ipanema

I\'m Getting a Relaxer

This Friday. After reading MsKenesha, Sherrylove, and Ayanapooh's threads, I've decided to reveal my intentions. Yes, I'm jumping on the bandwagon. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif I am a little bit nervous since my last relaxer was over 2 years ago, but my hair has become so thick that I can't even get to my scalp to cleanse it properly (I have lots of dandruff) & and there are many other reasons. I've weighed the pros & cons--even looked over old photos of myself, trying to see what condition my hair was in while relaxed before--and I've decided to do it. I'm probably going to use Hawaiian Silky. Any opinions on this relaxer?

inthepink

Re: I\'m Getting a Relaxer

Good luck with your decision! I hope you have a professional who can do a nice job for you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SherryLove

Hey Ipanema /images/graemlins/wave.gif Welcome aboard, the Relaxed Hair Band Wagon once again...!!!!!!I do not know much about Hawaiian Silky though.....be sure to share some pics of your relaxed hair with us....

take care.

J

JenniferMD

I haven't heard a lot about Hawaiian Silky but the few things I did hear were bad. If I were you I'd get a hair consultation before getting a relaxer again. I don't know your initial reason for going natural but I think a consultation would be a great idea! Good luck and keep us posted!

TigerLily

Hey Ipanema!

I had a Hawaiian Silky in the past and I loved it. I have a friend now who uses it and she loves it too. I guess it works differently on people. Good luck on your decision and in whichever relaxer you decide to go with! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MizAvalon

Co-signing with Jennifer. The little I have heard about Hawaiian Silky has not been positive. Please do your research and good luck!

Carlie

Congrats on your decision and I wish you much success in your new journey! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

melodee

It's a relaxer revolution!! (picture gremlins here jumping up and down)

Ipanema

Thanks for the encouraging words everybody. I'm hoping things go well. If not, then I still have my collection of wigs. /images/graemlins/up.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

dreemssold

Good luck /images/graemlins/up.gif! My friend has used Hawaiian Silky for as long as I can remember, and her hair is awesome. Then again, she also relaxes every 4 weeks /images/graemlins/look.gif, but...well, maybe that just proves it isn't as damaging as some other relaxers. HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Irresistible

I hope it works out for you , after going natural for about ten months i relaxed again and then started all over again and wore braids and phony pony tails to get through that time....so your right if it doesnt work out you can always go natural again.... though its hard to start over , but you can do it....hopefully it will work out and you wont have to do all that. I can dig what your saying about how difficult it can be to manage at times...so i understand. hope your decision works out great for you! as long as your happy thats all that matters!

geesh if i see one more of those posts....ya'll are givin me mini heart attacks from the shock lol

KinksnCurlz

My girlfriend has been using hawaiian silky forever and a day and she's loves it. Good luck!

GoingBack

I've used Hawaiian Silky and I hated it. It left my hair hard, underprocessed and eventually very damaged.