im doing my own nubian twists!! *pics*

which one?

• the smaller ones

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • the bigger ones

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters

L.Brown1114

im doing my own because i have hair lyin around and *****s is broke these days times are hard! this is my first time and idk how big to make them so i did my front and took pics of two different sizes. it would be great if you would vote which size you think would look better when finished, thanks!

(smaller ones)
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/BrownSugar5199/twists4.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/BrownSugar5199/twists3.jpg

(bigger ones)
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/BrownSugar5199/twists1.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/BrownSugar5199/twista2.jpg

Last edited:

Michelle1971

Go smaller but can you twist the hair tighter? IMO they look like they are going to come undone in a minute, which will be a waste of your time.
You can also tell where your hair ends in the twist, unless you don't care about that too much.
Check out some youtube videos to see :yep:

L.Brown1114

Go smaller but can you twist the hair tighter? IMO they look like they are going to come undone in a minute, which will be a waste of your time.
You can also tell where your hair ends in the twist, unless you don't care about that too much.
Check out some youtube videos to see :yep:

i dont want the hair twisted tighter cuz then they will look like kinky twists and i dont want those. they shouldnt come undone i twisted the ends and im gonna put curling rods on them when im done. im only keeping them up for a few weeks until i get the money to get my hair done for real. iv been checking out youtube but for some reason my hair never comes out how theres does :wallbash:

B3e

Small nubians are cuter imo

Also, can you let me know how you start off your twist...last time I attempted nubians, them junks slid right off because they seemed to be undoing themselves as I was braiding the base, that's just not fair *pouts* I would like them for fall semester when it's blazing and madd busy.

lilsparkle825

Smaller is always better. LOL

What kind of hair are you using? I did some on my sister (see fotki) and they looked nothing like yours....then again, I got my hair from the BSS and not that hair everyone on youtube has.

L.Brown1114

Smaller is always better. LOL

What kind of hair are you using? I did some on my sister (see fotki) and they looked nothing like yours....then again, I got my hair from the BSS and not that hair everyone on youtube has.
its this 5 dollar hair i got from my local BSS. its called YA MAN!-afro kinky marley braid, 100% kanekalon fiber) did you twists the individual strands first then twist them together? o just twisted mine like a regular two strand twist which is why they arnt tight.

Small nubians are cuter imo

Also, can you let me know how you start off your twist...last time I attempted nubians, them junks slid right off because they seemed to be undoing themselves as I was braiding the base, that's just not fair *pouts* I would like them for fall semester when it's blazing and madd busy.

well my slip a tad to but what helps is putting jam or beeswax on the hair so it has grip. then i tear it in half and cross it then wrap it around my hair and start braiding. i do it really tight and put absolutely no tension on it until i absolutely have to!

detroitdiva

its this 5 dollar hair i got from my local BSS. its called YA MAN!-afro kinky marley braid, 100% kanekalon fiber) did you twists the individual strands first then twist them together? o just twisted mine like a regular two strand twist which is why they arnt tight.

I think you're using the wrong type of hair. I use the bob marley hair for kinky twists only and Biba 100% kankelon fiber braiding hair for the sengelese twists or nubian twists. Are you looking for a smooth finish? If so, use the braiding hair not the marley hair. But they look cute either way.

well my slip a tad to but what helps is putting jam or beeswax on the hair so it has grip. then i tear it in half and cross it then wrap it around my hair and start braiding. i do it really tight and put absolutely no tension on it until i absolutely have to!

Also, don't forget to seal the ends by wrapping them around cold perm rods and dipping them into very very hot water. Hope that helped. The smallers ones look great btw

L.Brown1114

Also, don't forget to seal the ends by wrapping them around cold perm rods and dipping them into very very hot water. Hope that helped. The smallers ones look great btw

thanks for the advice DD! and thanks they are really coming along, im de. showing pics when im done!!

lilsparkle825

ahh, the hair we used was specifically for nubian twists. i didn't have to twist the strands together first using this hair. when i use afro marley hair, i do....but i only use that hair for kinky twists.

this is the pack:

right out of the pack, it was spiral-y, kind of like a phone cord:

all i did was yank on the ends to make it puff up and match her natural texture a bit more. i didn't have to dip the ends or anything either.

L.Brown1114

ahh, the hair we used was specifically for nubian twists. i didn't have to twist the strands together first using this hair. when i use afro marley hair, i do....but i only use that hair for kinky twists.

this is the pack:

right out of the pack, it was spiral-y, kind of like a phone cord:

all i did was yank on the ends to make it puff up and match her natural texture a bit more. i didn't have to dip the ends or anything either.

yeah thats the hair your suppose to use, but i didnt have the money to buy it and i had kinky twist hair layin around *shrugs* idk what im doin to my hair lol. ill call it "Brown Twists" :rolleyes: