I'm about to loose it ladies!!

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
I'm about to lose it ladies!!

ugh. i have just about reached my wits end with my hair. i *really* don't know what to do with it!

i'm flabbergasted about my hair's condition! it doesn't LOOK damaged AT ALL, it actually looks great, soft to the touch, and yet, i can't touch my hands to my hair without my shoulders being COVERED in tiny little short hairs. it's driving me NUTS!! i tried laying off the heat--i've been heat free since AT LEAST the end of November. It hasn't made a BIT of difference! i've also used aphogee treatment for damaged hair AND i've used emergencee. neither has ever done anything for me (and no, i don't use them too often which would cause my hair to be brittle--i already thought of that). no matter what my hair goes S-N-A-P! at the slightest pressure.

i even went to get my hair trimmed today (at supercuts) and the guy told me that my hair had few split ends, it was just uneven (from all those damn short hairs breaking off). i ended up chopping off close to an inch just because i was so tired of looking at all those scraggly ends.

i've tried moisturizing my hair, but that doesn't seem to do anything. i'm at a loss. what is going on?! is it damage? breakage? inelasticity?

does anyone have any suggestions? i'll add some photos to my album if you need to see my hair right now (i haven't updated it at all). just someone help me figure this out! i'm tired of losing all my hair!

Last edited:

Cowgirl

Don't give up on the moisture, because that's what it sounds like you need. If you are getting little small broken hairs on the ends only, try joining the baggie challenge and get those ends moisturized and in shape.

Isis

Moisturizing is the most important key to our hair's health, especially relaxed hair. I agree with Cowgirl and suggest more moisture - finding a good moisturizing conditioner (I love Humectress) and a good moisturizing leave-in conditioner. Daily moisturizing is important also, especially your ends which seems to have the problem. I moisturize my ends at least twice daily.

Drinking lots of water daily is important also to moisturize your hair and skin from the inside out. :fat:

Low iron levels is another thing which can cause hair to break off. That can be remedied by eating foods high in iron and/or taking iron supplements. It's best to check with a doctor first.

WesternEyes

Has your hair been overprocessed within the last year or so?? Sometimes this can cause hair to break no matter how much moisture or protein you use.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
WesternEyes said:
Has your hair been overprocessed within the last year or so?? Sometimes this can cause hair to break no matter how much moisture or protein you use.
I agree! :yep: