If you only had $15 to buy hair products, what would you buy?

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Say for example you’re on a Supermarket Sweep type of game show and the host has given you $15-20 for hair products. You don’t have what you were previously using, you’re not able to borrow money or hair products and the $15-20 is pretty much all you have available for hair products. What would you get?

Edit: Decided to change this hypothetical situation up a bit.

Last edited:
I don’t know if I’d survive this hair challenge. Sybil has some expensive tastes :look: :lol:

But if I had to choose something, I probably get some:
-Vo5 shampoo for $.88
-Mielle Pomegranate and Honey Conditioner for $12.99(since it’ll be deep conditioner and leave in)
-Blue Magic leave in conditioner $3.50

Of course I didn’t add in taxes or take shipping in to consideration so I already lost :abducted:

Almond oil 4 fl oz $7
SM coconut and hibiscus shampoo travel size $4: I need a sulfate free and salt free shampoo for bkt, otherwise I would get Suave Professionals Almond + Shea Butter Shampoo $4
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner $4
Garnier Fructis Sleek and shine leave in conditioner $3

total: $18

Almond oil as a prepoo and as a leave in for sealing the moisture. I can also add the almond oil to the HE HH conditioner for a homemade DC.

Last edited:
You said $15-$20, so I'll try with $20.

Trader Joe's Nourish spa conditioner $3
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa shampoo $3
Olive oil $5
Coconut oil $5

Oh hey, just $16! You can get a bottle of castor oil for under $5, so if I could go a little over, I'd add that. the conditioner can also act as leave in and is sealed with olive and castor oil mix. Coconut oil for occasional strengthening treatments.

Hypothetical situation, if we di not include tax, MAY work out in Canada but everything is so expensive here. I have never tried items from our dollar general but I would use it as an opportunity to check their stock.

Otherwise I would get Pantene 2 in 1 Moisture Renewak shampoo and conditioner (5 dollars on sale at shoppers if you round up and I'm sure that sale price is the regular price at WalMart),

a Nexxus conditioner which is also currently on sale at SDM (12.99)
Could mix portion of conditioner with water as a leave in.

and Dove intensive cream from travel aisle (it is a substantial amount, 75 mL, for my short hair) for a leave-in/sealant which I could mix with the conditioner for 'treatments' or use solo as leave in on wet hair (not merely damp).

The Dove is about 2 dollars. 20 dollars.

ETA raw ingredients like Castor or almond .oil are not cheap enough here like they are in USA but they MAY be in Indian shops so I would scour those before going for the Dove :lachen::bricks:

Last edited:
Nope nope nopety nope NOPE :cry3: :laugh:
but if we must. 15-20 USD is 20-25 CAD so that’s what I’m using LOL
- an inexpensive moisturizing conditioner. That’s my deep conditioner, leave in and detangler. $10.
- the cheapest shampoo I can find. That should run me about $2
- eco styler olive. $5
- Shea butter. $10

I’m over by $2 lol. Could find a good enough conditioner for $8 tho, I just don’t have much experience with many conditioners less than $10

Nope nope nopety nope NOPE :cry3: :laugh:
but if we must. 15-20 USD is 20-25 CAD so that’s what I’m using LOL

- an inexpensive moisturizing conditioner. That’s my deep conditioner, leave in and detangler. $10.
- the cheapest shampoo I can find. That should run me about $2
- eco styler olive. $5
- Shea butter. $10

I’m over by $2 lol. Could find a good enough conditioner for $8 tho, I just don’t have much experience with many conditioners less than $10
I knew someone was gonna find a loophole :lachen:

Walgreen T-Sal Shampoo: $4.75
Sunny Isle Lavender JBCO Pure Butter : $9.00
Garnier Fructis Hydrating 1 Minute Hair Mask with Aloe Extract : $5.79

Would come out to 19.28 without tax

Back in my college days I lived on Garnier Fructis products, and the 1 minute hair mask can be used multiple ways (as a rinse out, DC, or a leave in). The Castor Oil would be enough to seal and give my twistouts a light hold or smooth into a bun. And I need a medicated shampoo and the Walgreen's T-sal is the cheapest one that works on my scalp.

Last edited:
I could make this work by adding in :
Fresh aloe vera leaves
A box of gelatin (can used to make protein treatments)
Crece Pelo from a hood hair store
Okayyyyy... :yep: I like the aloe vera leaves. On my way down the aisle to put one of the bags of rice back in order to buy the gelatin :shopping:
Found the Crece Pelo for $6.99 at Walmart ... that means a smaller jar of coconut oil.

I'ma call my daughter for some of her coupons for rice. :phone:

This wouldn’t be too hard for me:
Aussie moist shampoo: $3
Aussie moist conditioner, the DC one: $3
Aussie hair serum: $4
Castor oil: $5
Mini edge control: $1

I’m at $16, so pretty close.

my regimen would be easy: wash and condition, use the conditioner as a leave in for braidouts. If I’m using heat, serum for heat protectant. Castor oil for scalp massages, and I like a dab of edge control to lay down baby hairs, so even a small jar lasts me forever.

BRUH....FIH-TEEN DOLLAS!? :whyme:

Let me quit! :lol:

I would get me a jar of Blue Magic Hair Grease à la mode $3

And some sort of leave in or moisturizer for $8

..... aaaaaand some Shampoo....Aussie Something...$3

Let's see, that's uhlehhm...carry the wuuuunnn...$14!! FAWTEEN DOLLAS BRUH! :lachen:
:rofl: :rofl: at “...carry the wuuunnn...” :rofl:

@SmilingElephant , I’m literally crying tears at this :rofl: I can see the calculations on the back of an envelope. :lol:

Back