If you had to choose between....

Maximum Growth or manageablity, which would you pick? This is the dilema i am presently in. My motherland castor oil will definitely bring me to past brastrap if i just stick with it for like 3-4 months. But my hair is unbelieveably thick and the only way to continue with my castor oil is if i A) keep my hair in braids again to get it out of my way and i DON'T want to do that. B) If i find the right products and flat iron once a month it'll be easier to deal with.

What would you guys do?

I would choose the Maximum Growth. There are entirely too many products and tools that are out there that can help tame unruly hair.

carribean_dream said:
A) keep my hair in braids again to get it out of my way and i DON'T want to do that.

Why not? Right now I'd love to put mine in braids and get it out of the way. I wouldn't be doing it for growth reasons, I just want a break from styling. Anyway, you should just think of the braids as a protective style. Members talk about not being able to grow their hair past certain points or not being able to style properly until the hair gets past a certain point. Maybe you're in one of those inbetween lenghts and once the hair is past it, then the styling will become easier.

I just visited your album and the description you had on one photo about not having to deal or care for the hair because it was in cornrows, suggests that could be the problem. Just because you wear it that way doesn't mean not taking care, in my mind it just means less time styling. You still have to wash, moisturize, put on leave ins etc. you just dont have to out it in a style at the end because it's already done.

Think of it as a tool to make life easier and not as an avoidance mechanism.

With that being said, if you have a good reason for not getting the braids then don't get them. I have a reason why I am holding off for a few months.

Back