If you been on LHCF for over 2 yrs!

No. Because I had extensive damage (heat, etc)...not to mention very uneven hair (trusting hair salons back then).
Now I'm just starting to see healthier hair and 'some' growth.

I would have reached my goal if I stayed relaxed... but I'm natural and loving it........ give me 2 more years and I'll be apl :yep:

I've learned a lot on that site since I've been a member, still learning. I didn't reach my goal yet because in 2006 I cut my hair to chin lenght when I was almost at APL and for some reason my hair stopped growing. Now, I revised my regimen, swear not to cut my hair and let it grow

I have been here for four years and reached one goal to shoulder length from bald so 10 inches of groth..but have had maj setbacks from texturizing with just for me and coloring with feria .I will be back at my goal by the end of next year once i behave myself.
ps: i had the best results from the crown and glory technique only because i was so busy i never had time to "play " with my hair.the less stress the better.

No. Because I had extensive damage (heat, etc)...not to mention very uneven hair (trusting hair salons back then).
Now I'm just starting to see healthier hair and 'some' growth.

You are like me. The uneven hair seems to take forever to fix. Especially when it is not uneven on purpose like with cut layers. I don't think I have really been concentrating on too much length and more on just getting my hair balanced out and back to normal.

Like you, I just started really seeing progress, according to my standards anyway. But over the years I have gotten soooooo many compliments on my hair. Something I never really got in the past. :yep:

You are like me. The uneven hair seems to take forever to fix. Especially when it is not uneven on purpose like with cut layers. I don't think I have really been concentrating on too much length and more on just getting my hair balanced out and back to normal.

Like you, I just started really seeing progress, according to my standards anyway. But over the years I have gotten soooooo many compliments on my hair. Something I never really got in the past. :yep:
Congrats.
I keep my hair hidden 95% of the time just until I reach my goal. :yep:

this first year was really productive...went from TWA to almost SL (CAG method!) but this year I fell off a little. It didn't get the crazy growth that I got last year. I have gone back to CAG method though and I will stick to it until May of next year. My head will be longer that APL by then :yahoo:

I would have achieved my goal by now if I had not BC and gone natural. I have a long way now before I can realize my goal.

April 2008 made 2 yrs. I started on LHCf with 3 inches stretched natural hair. I consider my first year experimental , I still think I have more experimenting to do but I know I 'm not a product junkie:grin:. This really has been a journey , I'm just touching APL not full, I'm praying to be full by the end of 2008.
Only 3 set backs ..a dry patch on my right side that kept breaking, is slowly getting under control by the grace of God/ A no slip conditioner that caused me to rip/ thin out my hair in 2006/learning to cut only once per year and dust every couple of months. No.. I have not reached my ultimate goal of BSL but I not going anywhere and I now know my hair can grow. I believe in 2 more years I'll have met my ultimate goal. By the hair charts I'm right on track. Over all I'm quite content but want so much more:grin:
p.s
another challenge was learning to balance moisture and protein:ohwell:
I have gotten much better at that :yep:

Last edited:
This thread is for those who have been on this forum for 2 years or more. I've been here a little over 2 years. I'm just wondering if you have reached your goal length with success, I don't think I've reached my first goal of APL but I am thisclose in my estimation and how long did it take you to reach it. My husband stretched my hair in the back and *he* said that I'm already at "The Pit" (APL)...I haven't flatironed to check the length for myself yet because I want to stick to my personal goal of one year of no heat used in my regimen, but if he's right then it only took me 8 months to grow from SL to APL.

What were your setback if any? Yes I only had one setback (braids disaster :rolleyes:)

Also if you haven't reach your goal, can you please explain why you think so. My first year here I was quite the PJ/bandwagoner/inconsistent regimen. Once I simplified my regimen and became consistent with my haircare is when I started noticed nice hair growth retention

My answers are in red.

I feel like I have FINALLY reached my goal density! My hair is very fine/fragile, and used to be very thin and see through. I have battled with my hair for many years... heck all my life, but I recently got on a strict regimen to thicken my hair from the inside out. It took me about a year to whip my hair into shape, and I am happy to say that I am finally happy with it. I never really had a goal length... I just wanted it to look healthy, and I'm there. :)

I have been on LHCF for about 4-5 years and I feel like I should have hair down my back by now. I've had several setbacks. I first came here b/c my hair was ate up in the back and middle so I cut it short although I didn't have to cut very much b/c it was very damage and ate up:grin: I've always had a problem with the middle of my hair breaking and i never knew why........so I was tired of it and I set out to figure out the problem and some solutions. I found some products i used to swear by that helped my breakage-Aphogee, Motions CPR, Motions Moisture Plus. My hair did good for awhile but the middle would act up and act up and the back seem to not grow(now I know it wasn't retaining length) so i would cut it some ans start from there. I also seem to have a lot of split ends and i haven't figured out why. I used to wear that same tucked in ponytail all the time:grin:(boring as hell) and I wasn't reaping any benefits w/ this or stretching my relaxers.

I know my hair was overprocessed and needed more moisture. I believe my hair was easy to overprocess b/c it wasn't all one length w/ the breakage in the middle.

When I first came here I don't think i had a goal length....all i knew was that i wanted long hair. I now realize healthy hair is what it's all about. My goal now is healthy, APL hair.

2+ years here and my hair is thriving. When I first joined I had a headful of bone straight relaxed hair. This site got me through my transition, natural, and now texturized hair. I'm not waist length like I wanted to be (which was admittedly a farfetched goal), but I'm proud of my hair. Within a year or two I should be at my ultimate goal of WL. :grin:

My goal was always to have bra stap hair thick and healthy.
I reached it but not thick like I wanted it and I was also transitioning from relaxed bone straight to texturized which I am still in the process.

I cut my hair a lot in the last 2 years.

My biggest struggle was and still is finding the right combination of hair products and dealing with hard water in my area--my hair hates it :nono:

BUT overall-I learned to how retain length and self-relax :)

My goal was always to have bra stap hair thick and healthy.
I reached it but not thick like I wanted it and I was also transitioning from relaxed bone straight to texturized which I am still in the process.

I cut my hair a lot in the last 2 years.

My biggest struggle was and still is finding the right combination of hair products and dealing with hard water in my area--my hair hates it :nono:

BUT overall-I learned to how retain length and self-relax :)

Nice fotki!

been on here for almost 5 years:perplexed have made it nowhere near BSL . only set back was deep trimming. no salon mishaps or at home disasters.

I would have made my goals if I had stayed natural and stopped going back and forth between relaxing and BCing!:rolleyes::lachen:

When I stumbled on this board, I already had bra-clasp hair . . . but I learned about other new things that are very helpful, but not needed, because I already had a regimen that gave me fabulous results. :dance7:

Things were just slow at work, and I decided to look busy (by surfing the internet), then presto! :bouncegre I found this website--Feature of the Month section. Then I couldn't find it again until three weeks later. I couldn't even remember the name. :wallbash:

Last edited:
I have been a member since 2006, but have only been a paying member and have begun to take this board seriously since 2007, so although a member for 2 years, I have only been active for 1 and I am meeting my goals. I owe a lot to the contribution on this board though.

I've been here since late 04 but haven't reached my goal yet because in 05 I went to the barber and got all my hair cut off

I reached my initial goal of APL, but never met my 2nd goal of BSL :(

Setbacks have included bandwagon jumping, a failed transition attempt (was still falling to bandwagons), having to trim thin looking ends... and I think that's about it.

My hair is typically healthy, but my biggest mistake had been holding on to thin ends for the sake of saying I had 7 strands reach xyz goals... I'm over that now though. I'm transitioning again (in month 5 :yay:) and I really don't have a length goal in mind for the short term. i'm okay with keeping my hair the current length as I grow out my relaxer.

Last edited:
I have been a member for 6 years!! I found this website when I relocated to Michigan and my hair was breaking really bad. Before this I never wrapped my hair at night and I was using products that were really drying my hair out. Once I found this website and corrected those 2 issues I decided I wanted to grow my hair out to waist length. My biggest obstacle to that was not being able to keep up w/protective hairstyles.(I was also addicted to dyeing my hair). But since then I have decided that I really could not deal w/waist length hair on a daily basis and a little below BSL is all I can handle before it gets on my nerves.

Right now I'm just happy w/having really healthy hair. I've stripped all the black/mahogany/brown permanent dyes and stopped repeatedly dyeing my hair w/permanent color and it has made such a difference. I keep learning new things and discovering new products all the time from this board. I've learned to pay attention to my hair and how it responds to things so I could achieve WL if I wanted to. But I honestly don't know if my hair could get any better than it is right now. It's so good I haven't had a relaxer in almost a year!!

But I am trying to resist another setback-cause now I want to keep lightening my hair and I know that's bad. Never happy.....for long.

Last edited:
Ive been here 3 years and have yet to reach my goal.:perplexed I started as relaxed dyed shoulder length, since then I have transitioned to about and inch of color and relaxed ends and 2 inches to BSB. So i guess i didnt meet my original goal of 4in below bsb but im close to my newest goal of all natural!

I've been here since the beginning. Quit. Came back. Reached my goals, had set backs, cut it, reached my goals again, on my way to another goal.... it's been a curvy winding ride :yep: It took about 2.5 years to reach my goals.

Me too. I've reached my goals twice since I've been on LHCF, cut my hair to SL and it grew back. I really can't say I have any goals to be honest. I'm maintaining at WL and keeping my ends healthy. I'm not reaching for hip/knee length or anything like that because I don't want to have to maintain it. I just like hanging out with you ladies :yep:.

I've been on here for about 2.5, and I have not reached my goal (WL). When I reached BSL I then got a much needed trim, so I'm about an inch above BSL...and I'm okay with that. Really, I am...

I don't think I had any major setbacks, but I was so pressed to grow long luxurious hair, I think I tried just about every product/hair growth potion mentioned. Thank goodness my hair wasn't (noticeably) harmed in the process! I think that if I would've focused more on what my hair wanted/needed, and what worked, I'd be further along...maybe not WL, but closer. I just got too tempted by all the "fast/er/est growth here" posts.

I am, however, very happy with the state of my hair. It's healthy and growing. I've gotten a little lazy with it, but I think all the hard work paid off, so I don't have to do as much to it as I used to.

This thread is for those who have been on this forum for 2 years or more. I'm just wondering if you have reached your goal length with success, and how long did it take you to reach it.

What were your setback if any?

Also if you haven't reach your goal, can you please explain why you think so.

Sort of... I wanted two things 1) texturized hair that had a lot of texture, but could still be rollerset straight. 2) BSL or MBL. I got one of those... :ohwell:
Getting consistent texturizer results took me forever to master. If I'd been happy with just adding length I would have been there by now, but I kept cutting off any hair that wasn't as curly as I wanted.

I'm just wondering if you have reached your goal length with success, and how long did it take you to reach it.

I think I've been on here right at 2 years and i lurked for a few months before that. My short term length goal was full shoulder length and to grow out my layers. Long term goal is APL w/long layers

I have not reached it. But I have a spot in the back of my hair that ALWAYS breaks off. Its FINALLY grown out since joining the forum. that spot was the reason i joined actually. And my layers are much longer. I should be a modest shoulder by year end (crosses fingers)

Major
-Series of dominican blow outs that dried out/burn out my hair
-A bad haircut that had to be corrected so my hair got chopped off twice in one week
-phyto relaxer dried out my hair

Minor
-A few protein overloads
-Some other relaxers that weren't all that great for my hair
-gone thru periods where i got burnt out on the forum and decided to just do whatever. then my hair would get jacked up and i'd come right back

Its been a trial and error thing. Taking me a while to find out what works. My hair is looking the nicest/longest its been in years. I do still have some short pieces that popped off from the dominicans and some crispy ends that i'm trimming off slowly. Its taken me a while to find the right mix of keeping it simple and incorporating things from the forum. I also had to realize i can't have a set regimen. I just have to listen to my hair and play it by ear.

I'm just wondering if you have reached your goal length with success, and how long did it take you to reach it.

I been on here almost 3 years. I did not reach my goal but I did discover that I can have long hair. I am pass shoulder length and discouraged I was hoping to be armpit by now. I only had three major trims in that time. Also my BC in April 2006. Still pressing on. Hoping that one day I will reach that unobtainable length in my mind of brastrap

3 major trims and a color
I was a pj for a long time and regret a lot of things I have purchased some of them very expensive.

Had my mind only focused on obtaining a certian length and never really taking the time to learn my hair. plus I really have this I don't care attitude. I take care of my hair but I am happy with putting a band around it and going and I need to focus on a more protective style.

Back