If worn 1x a week, how long will a half wig last? rop

cocoagirl

(in months/week whatever) and what exactly gets messed up about it? Does it shed, will it tangle up, does length matter? I am purchasing my first half wig tonight and want to know what to expect. Like I have a synthethic wig that I've had for probably 10 years now and have worn it maybe 4 times in my life and it still doing well in its bag atop my closet. if treated well will a half wig last this long?

Keen

It will start shedding and tangle when it's dirty. All you have to do is wash it and it will turn back to almost normal. After the first wash it will require more frequent washes from my experience. With good care, it should last you a few months. That's true for Human hair. I'm wearing my first synthetic hair right now. I don't know how long that one will last.

acooks143

I have been wearing mine for 2 months everyday and it is still holding up good. When it gets dry I wash it in the sink with fabric softener (got that ideal from the wig thread) it works I maybe able to go another month or so maybe longer. I take it off at night. Here is mine, I am the one with the curly hair on the left <----------

Attachments

• nite out1.jpg
    nite out1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 34

bee

The half-wig I wear, about 80% of the time, has lasted me over 8 months. It's true that once you wash it, you have to keep washing it. I'm not all that kind to it either. Sometimes I'll throw it on my headboard and it will end up on the floor [nothing that a swish in conditioner and water won't cure ;)] When I'm not wearing it, I'm just not wearing it. I don't do anything special like put it on one of those styrofoam heads. I just hang it on the top of the chair in my room til I'm ready to wear it again.

It's a half wig that originally came to about the top of the shoulders but I razor cut it to nape length. It's a ModelModel brand and very durable, considering the punishment I sometimes put it through. My last half-wig lasted over a year, with the same amount of wear and abuse :)