If Underprocessed...can I Re-Relax???

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I got a relaxer on April 6th after waiting 2 months and it was underprocessed because I only left it in there for 5 minutes and washed it out because it was burning. I was wondering if it would be okay to get it relaxed tomorrow (April 27th... that would be 3 weeks from Apr. 6)??? Would this be a good idea to relax underprocessed hair in 3 weeks???

Karonica

I've gotten my hair re-relaxed in 3 or 4 weeks post touch-up(I forget how many). Anyway, I had no problems whatsoever, but I still came out underprocessed. I later found out what was causing the problem - my meds.

Mariaat40

I just wrote this in another thread. If I were you I'd try to deal with the underprocessed hair by using braidouts and buns. Braidouts saved me when I was recently underprocessed.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
Mariaat40 said:
I just wrote this in another thread. If I were you I'd try to deal with the underprocessed hair by using braidouts and buns. Braidouts saved me when I was recently underprocessed.

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair is not long enough to do braidouts or its just that I dont like them. My hair is 1" passed my shoulder but I just dont think braidouts look right on me.

SoniT

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
I got a relaxer on April 6th after waiting 2 months and it was underprocessed because I only left it in there for 5 minutes and washed it out because it was burning. I was wondering if it would be okay to get it relaxed tomorrow (April 27th... that would be 3 weeks from Apr. 6)??? Would this be a good idea to relax underprocessed hair in 3 weeks???

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I think maybe you should wait AT LEAST another 2 weeks. That will be 5 weeks. Try to stretch it out. 3 weeks is too soon to me but that's just my opinion.

flyjump00

[ QUOTE ]
SoniT said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I think maybe you should wait AT LEAST another 2 weeks. That will be 5 weeks. Try to stretch it out. 3 weeks is too soon to me but that's just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Too soon in my opinion as well. I would be too scared it would cause breakage.

atlien

Poohbear, I just relaxed my hair after 3 weeks because I had braids in and got a no lye relaxer and it did not take at all
I was like the relaxer just bounced off my hair my hair was so nappy
. I would comb it and it would just not even go through all the new growth I received from the braids was just natural 4K (K is for Kinky) hair and it needed some lye to straighten
So I relaxed it yesterday and it feels so much better. I will follow up with a protein conditioner some co washes and some wildgrowth oil so I don't receive any breakage. But I had to do it I know it's forbidden on this forum but I think if I had waited I would have received alot of dryness and breakage. :ahwell Overall you just have to know what your hair requires and can take.

lonei

I wouldnt, relaxer should be applied to new growth only which is why they suggest that you should wait at least 6 weeks for this to occur. Whenever I have had underprocessed sections and have just paid more attention to that area the next time I relax, which is every 8 weeks. IMO, I would prefer healthy underprcossed hair than damaged overprocessed hair, the relaxer conatins harsh chemicals, I generally take heed to the information provided.