ideas for teen xmas party

ManeStreet

My aunt & I are hosting a xmas party for the teens from her church. It will be about 15-20 teens both guys & girls. The party is going to be at my aunts house.

Any ideas for games or activities? Il

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
My aunt & I are hosting a xmas party for the teens from her church. It will be about 15-20 teens both guys & girls. The party is going to be at my aunts house.

Any ideas for games or activities? Il

:wave: Hi ManeStreet...

Congratulations on your Christmas Party for the teens. They need this far more than you know, It's not just a Christmas Party, but a celebration of the Unending Love that God sent to Earth to redeem them unto Him.

One idea for an activity is, "What Would Jesus Give?"

This is nice as it gives them a chance to show God's love for each other. Each guest selects a name from a gift box (a box which you have decorated with gift paper and ribbon. :yep:

They will then think of a gift that Jesus would give to the person or a Christmas blessing that they would want for of the name of the person that they pulled from the gift box. This gives them a chance to see beyond the commerialism of Christmas and to see what God would give the person instead.

Have a bag of bows (the stick-on type) and give each guest a blank card or paper which is folded in half. They can then write the 'Jesus Gift' or the Blessing that they wish for the person they've chosen, write the person's name on the 'card' (or paper) fold and seal it with the bow, ('Bows equal 'Gift'). :yep:

Of course have Christmas music and you can even have a Christmas music karioke (sp?). That should be a lot of fun, especially if YOU get up on the stage and sing too.

Yes... :ype: YOU.

Enjoy this time with the teens. This is such a blessing to see you doing this. It really is. Our teens are exposed to so much distortion.

OH! One more idea. How about a birthday cake for Jesus? One that's decorated and have the Bakery write Happy Birthday Jesus on the cake.

We all know that December 25 is not the day Jesus was born, however He is still the Reason for the Season and for your special celebration.

Have ggodie bags too for the children to take home with a love letter from God inside. Dedicate each child unto the Lord. The devil cannot have these teens nor their siblings or parents in Jesus' Name, Amen.

Merry Christmas ManeStreet. God bless you and all of those who dwell within your heart.

Love,
Shimmie

:blowkiss:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
How gracious of you and your aunt.... one word .. KARAOKE! :clap:

Keeping the party Christ-centered is certainly the way to go, IMHO.. Shimmie's suggestions are great :grin:

ManeStreet

:wave: Hi ManeStreet...

Congratulations on your Christmas Party for the teens. They need this far more than you know, It's not just a Christmas Party, but a celebration of the Unending Love that God sent to Earth to redeem them unto Him.

One idea for an activity is, "What Would Jesus Give?"

This is nice as it gives them a chance to show God's love for each other. Each guest selects a name from a gift box (a box which you have decorated with gift paper and ribbon. :yep:

They will then think of a gift that Jesus would give to the person or a Christmas blessing that they would want for of the name of the person that they pulled from the gift box. This gives them a chance to see beyond the commerialism of Christmas and to see what God would give the person instead.

Have a bag of bows (the stick-on type) and give each guest a blank card or paper which is folded in half. They can then write the 'Jesus Gift' or the Blessing that they wish for the person they've chosen, write the person's name on the 'card' (or paper) fold and seal it with the bow, ('Bows equal 'Gift'). :yep:

Of course have Christmas music and you can even have a Christmas music karioke (sp?). That should be a lot of fun, especially if YOU get up on the stage and sing too.

Yes... :ype: YOU.

Enjoy this time with the teens. This is such a blessing to see you doing this. It really is. Our teens are exposed to so much distortion.

OH! One more idea. How about a birthday cake for Jesus? One that's decorated and have the Bakery write Happy Birthday Jesus on the cake.

We all know that December 25 is not the day Jesus was born, however He is still the Reason for the Season and for your special celebration.

Have ggodie bags too for the children to take home with a love letter from God inside. Dedicate each child unto the Lord. The devil cannot have these teens nor their siblings or parents in Jesus' Name, Amen.

Merry Christmas ManeStreet. God bless you and all of those who dwell within your heart.

Love,
Shimmie

:blowkiss:

Wow those are great ideas. Looks like Ive got some work to do.

Shimmie

Staff member
How gracious of you and your aunt.... one word .. KARAOKE! :clap:

Keeping the party Christ-centered is certainly the way to go, IMHO.. Shimmie's suggestions are great :grin:

Laela... thanks so much for your support. :grouphug2:

Girl, I need to learn how to spell Karaoke... :lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
Wow those are great ideas. Looks like Ive got some work to do.

ManeStreet... I used to teach in a Christian School and I also taught Sunday School, so having crafts and activities were always needed :yep:

You can use construction paper (sometimes it's in the Dollar Stores) for the 'gift wish cards'.

Also for the 'Goodie Bags' you can use the lunch bags which are found in the dollar stores as well. I was able to locate them in white which was a nice neutral for the Holiday color theme. The dollar store has the bags of bows as well. For less than $10, you will be able to have enough craft items for the entire event.

Also, please make sure that the children spell Christmas in it's completion. The 'x' places a stamp in their minds that Jesus is an abbreviation or a shortcut. The world leaves Christ out of our holiday season because they are not about Him. Yet, we are.

ManeStreet.... I admire you so much for this. I wish you and your aunt personal blessings that you have dreamed for to come to pass in your lives. You are giving these children life. You may not think so, but you are.

When you think of all of the other things that they could be subjected to which are unwholesome, you and your aunt are seeding and watering life into their souls and God is smiling down upon you with joy and much gratitude.

Jesus said, 'Suffer the little children that they may come unto Him'. You are bringing these children closer to the Lord. May you always be blessed for this.

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

Please keep us posted... Okay?

Blessings upon Blessings to you.

:bighug:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
:lol: oh, wow.. Shimmie, I didnt even realize it appears I was "correcting" your spelling.. not my intention..
but yeah, Karaoke is so much fun, IMHO..that's all I could think of when I think of teens gathering..... lol

Hugz, Big Sis!

:grouphug2:

@Laela... thanks so much for your support. :grouphug2:

Girl, I need to learn how to spell Karaoke... :lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
:lol: oh, wow.. Shimmie, I didnt even realize it appears I was "correcting" your spelling.. not my intention..
but yeah, Karaoke is so much fun, IMHO..that's all I could think of when I think of teens gathering..... lol

Hugz, Big Sis!

I love Karaoke for young children and teens as well as adults. It is so much fun and such an 'ice breaker'.

:woot: Everyone is laughing and having fun. I love it. :happydance:

I love you too, Little Sis... :kiss:

Nice Lady

:lol: oh, wow.. @Shimmie, I didnt even realize it appears I was "correcting" your spelling.. not my intention..

Hugz, Big Sis!

Nope, it just "appears" as though you were trying to help her out and repeating it because it was very impactful. Karoke is eye-catching.

Shimmie, the ideas for Jesus are good. What about music will be selected for Karoke for the teenagers, OP?

Last edited: