Help! Ideas for a church fundraiser...?

preciouzone

The youth group at my church are in the process of raising funds for our church building funds and also for the group itself. The fundraisers we have done in the past our concerts, carwashes and selling candy bars.

Do any of you guys have any other ideas that are good for raising funds? I would really appreciate any suggestions.

1god1

At my job...air Force...we've had "pie in the face" contests. The charge would be $.25 per vote and there was a deadline to get the votes in. The top three vote-getters would get the pie in the face. The pie was just a pie pan filled with whip cream or something. Someone would probably nominate the pastor, deacon or someone like that. Folx would put in more money at the last minute to see thier person get the pie. You could have a poster board showing the person and the number of votes. This would also work for a dirty-duty contest, if you don't want the pie in the face. You can have a list of dirty duties and use that instead. The youth at church would rent themselves out to do chores for funds.

Then there's the car wash, bake sales, etc.

preciouzone

At my job...air Force...we've had "pie in the face" contests. The charge would be $.25 per vote and there was a deadline to get the votes in. The top three vote-getters would get the pie in the face. The pie was just a pie pan filled with whip cream or something. Someone would probably nominate the pastor, deacon or someone like that. Folx would put in more money at the last minute to see thier person get the pie. You could have a poster board showing the person and the number of votes. This would also work for a dirty-duty contest, if you don't want the pie in the face. You can have a list of dirty duties and use that instead. The youth at church would rent themselves out to do chores for funds.

Then there's the car wash, bake sales, etc.

Lol, i'm just imagining our pastor getting a pie in the face right now. I've never heard of that, thanks 1god1

gone_fishing

I'd have people donate items they aren't using anymore - anything - furniture - children's clothes - washers/dryers, etc. Then I'd have a garage sale and the church would keep the proceeds.

1god1

Donated items...a few organizations/clubs did this...they went to a few companies..told them what they were trying to do and asked if they could donate anything...almost like door prizes.

Our church did Krispy Kreme. We don't have, but there's one in Fargo. This was before they were sold everywhere.

As P-Zone stated...car washes. They are usually good. Maybe you can serve free food on the side..hot dogs or whatever while customers are getting their cars washed.