I want to experience God's Awesomeness too...

metro_qt

Can I ask you guys a question?

I'm on my own spiritual journey, and I'm talking to God alot these days, more than usual actually... and at the same time, i'm conciously trying to receive blessings that my pastor says are mine... God has everything worked out for me, right?

Well... how come months will go by and I hear nothing (or what i percieve is nothing) from God, or sometimes I even feel that i'm moving backwards in my journey?

I mean most times, i'm just asking for clarity. Clarity to hear him better, clarity to do better, choose the best situation for myself, I'm not even asking him to give me all the answers, just at least, let me hear, see or feel what i should be doing...

What should I be doing to recieve the blessings and good things?
Do I pray even more? Does God hear even better if other people pray for me?

I see people receiving beautiful blessings all the time, and I'd like to be a part of this too...

I guess, maybe i'm asking you guys, because maybe God will speak to you tell me something, lol...
Thanks!

Shinka

I don't know how to fully anser you questions. But this is what came to my mind first ( I hope I'm can say it in the proper tone)

Do you want God to talk with you to form a relationship with him or

Do you just want the blessings?

mkh_77

You do receive God's blessings everyday that you wake up and return home safely. Everytime you feel hungry and have the ability to feed yourself, you are blessed. You are blessed in that you are able to openly fellowship with others who believe as you do. Maybe you just need to take a step back and think about how blessed you really are. Blessings aren't just material or financial manifestations.

Shinka

This may be helpful( A quote from this site:
http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/Jabez.htm)

If we are one with Jesus, we must set our hearts -- not on blessings in the world but on fellowship with our King -- as did Peter, James, Paul and countless other saints and martyrs who, through the ages, have relinquished earthly comforts and popularity for a far greater eternal treasure. Paul said it well,

"But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings....

"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.... One thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus...." Philippians 3:7-14

metro_qt

mkh_77 said:
You do receive God's blessings everyday that you wake up and return home safely. Everytime you feel hungry and have the ability to feed yourself, you are blessed. You are blessed in that you are able to openly fellowship with others who believe as you do. Maybe you just need to take a step back and think about how blessed you really are. Blessings aren't just material or financial manifestations.

I wish i were just looking for 'material or financial manifestations'
nothing as simple as that.

just searching for what's in store for me, and my purpose etc.
and I know everyone can attest to wanting the same thing.

Like i said in my original post, just to hear God, know what he wants of me, that's all i'm trying to figure out

Thanks anyway.

metro_qt

Thanks for this quote, it will prove to be very helpful.

The last quote states "I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus"

I am not only looking for my calling, but also just to hear God.

I walk on my path, I'm growing more aware everyday, but yet, I don't think i'm hearing what God is supposed to be saying to me.

So, when I ask for blessings... (not necessarily physical or material) I ask because to me it is evidence of God speaking to the specific people, listening to their prayers, their queries, their thoughts.

Shinka said:
This may be helpful( A quote from this site:
http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/Jabez.htm)

If we are one with Jesus, we must set our hearts -- not on blessings in the world but on fellowship with our King -- as did Peter, James, Paul and countless other saints and martyrs who, through the ages, have relinquished earthly comforts and popularity for a far greater eternal treasure. Paul said it well,

"But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings....

"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.... One thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus...." Philippians 3:7-14

planodiva

metro_qt said:

I'm on my own spiritual journey, and I'm talking to God alot these days, more than usual actually... and at the same time, i'm conciously trying to receive blessings that my pastor says are mine... God has everything worked out for me, right?

Well... how come months will go by and I hear nothing (or what i percieve is nothing) from God, or sometimes I even feel that i'm moving backwards in my journey?

I mean most times, i'm just asking for clarity. Clarity to hear him better, clarity to do better, choose the best situation for myself, I'm not even asking him to give me all the answers, just at least, let me hear, see or feel what i should be doing...

My response
I can give you some for instances I have been experiencing lately.

One night I was praying so hard and I just knew the Lord was not listening and I was just crying out Lord please hear my prayers...

The next day during my personal prayer time I began to read a scripture about when the righteous call upon the Lord he hears their cry. And I knew it was because of my grief the night before that God had spoke to me.

I had a guy friend I thought was very special to me. Well he told me about an accident a friend of his was in and that is was causing him great anguish. So immediately after the conversation I prayed for his burdens and for God to lighten his load. For him to be able to depend on my spiritual strength throughout this time.
A real heartfelt prayer. Well wouldn't you know that night his fiancee called me (I had no idea he was even seeing someone) and let me know he had lied about where he was, the accident and even his real name.

There was no denying that it was a blessing and God removed that person from my life. So the blessing are deeper understanding and traveling a higher road toward the goodness of the Lord.

I hope this helps you to see the blessings that may be ocurring in your life without you even knowing.

mkh_77

Have you read "Purpose Driven Life"? I thought it was a great read and it helped me to have a different perspective on certain things. Give that a try. I would also say try giving of youself through volunteering if you have the time. That always helps me to be thankful and feel I am serving a purpose.

Last edited:

star

metro_qt said:

Do I pray even more? Does God hear even better if other people pray for me?

I see people receiving beautiful blessings all the time, and I'd like to be a part of this too...

I guess, maybe i'm asking you guys, because maybe God will speak to you tell me something, lol...
Thanks!

... God has everything worked out for me, right? - He sure does and ONLY He knows the exact time it will manifest. Your job now is to seek to develop a relationship with Him through prayer, fellowship and reading your word. Just keep doing it.

Well... how come months will go by and I hear nothing (or what i percieve is nothing) from God, or sometimes I even feel that i'm moving backwards in my journey? You sound just like me at one point in my life. This is normal but do not let it effect your relationship with Him. You are going through a TRUST period to see if you can stick with God when it appears He is too quite or not there. God's prescence is always with there just because He is not talking does not mean He is not there. God is very quite because when He does talk something got to happen. If you feel like you are moving backwards is because maybe you are still in the wilderness in some areas of your life and God is allowing this also to see the attitude in all the situations. God is watching even though He may not be speaking just make sure you are doing the BEST you can do and God will do His BEST for you.

I mean most times, i'm just asking for clarity. Clarity to hear him better, clarity to do better, choose the best situation for myself, I'm not even asking him to give me all the answers, just at least, let me hear, see or feel what i should be doing... - God speaks through many ways especially through His word. He may have answered but if you are looking for it to come a certain way like in a voice it may not. Just read the word, pray and keep loving on Him as you get closer and closer to God you will see his creativity on how He communicates to us in many ways sometimes it come be one word from a complete stranger. Be patient and open to whatever way comes.

Do I pray even more? - Does God hear even better if other people pray for me?
- God knows when and how to bless you some not all of your blessing will be based on if He thinks you are ready. I would not focus on the blessing but on builiding my relationship with Him the blessing you are looking for will come. I have been waiting on things God told me years ago and I still believe that all down in my toes it will come to pass. Praying more is always encourage if you can. Much prayer brings much power. God does hear others prayer for you providing that all sins are confessed. We must all confess our sins before God can hear our prayers.

I see people receiving beautiful blessings all the time, and I'd like to be a part of this too...- Be Cheerleaders for others and one day soon others will be cheering for you.

I guess, maybe i'm asking you guys, because maybe God will speak to you tell me something, lol...- I use to say the same exact thing and MOST of the time for me GOd only spoke to me. God always wanted me to come to Him and wait on Him. He always wanted excuse for me to spend time with Him trying to pick His brain to see what He was doing next.

God bless and donot worry. God can do everything but fail. He knows where you live, eat and sleep and is very concern about getting you to your destiny. The absolute key to succesful Chrisitian life is having a intimate relationship with GOD. Seek everyday to build yourself up in Him. Acknowledge Him, adore Him and live for Him will take to great, great heights.

Last edited:

amy1234

mkh_77 said:
Have you read "Purpose Driven Life"? I thought it was a great read and it helped me to have a different perspective on certain things. Give that a try. I would also say try giving of youself through volunteering if you have the time. That always helps me to be thankful and feel I am serving a purpose.
I was just going to recommend this book, it is a great read. I think it will help answer some of your questions.:)
take care, ;)

gn1g

The teacher is silent when the test is being taken. At various times in all of our lives God is silent. But you can be sure that you are on His mind, thou he is quiet is thinking about you for many are his thoughts towards us.

BLESSED1

metro_qt said:

Well... how come months will go by and I hear nothing (or what i percieve is nothing) from God, or sometimes I even feel that i'm moving backwards in my journey?Well God won't work on your time, He works on His time. You know that saying, "He may not come when you want Him, but He'll be there right on time.."?

I mean most times, i'm just asking for clarity. Clarity to hear him better, clarity to do better, choose the best situation for myself, I'm not even asking him to give me all the answers, just at least, let me hear, see or feel what i should be doing...I recommend doing the Prayer of Jabez to help you find your Divine Purpose, I know there was a thread about this a few months ago when I was last active here. Unfortunately my slow behind forgot how to use the search feature here but run the search and it should come up

What should I be doing to recieve the blessings and good things?I don't know if there's a def. answer to this, but me personally when I'm going through stuff, looking for answers I #1 Be still & let Him work it out & #2 keep my ears open so I can hear what He wants me to do to achieve my destined blessing(s). Tithing (whether financial or spiritual) helps a lot too
Do I pray even more?If the Spirit moves you too, sure Does God hear even better if other people pray for me? Most def, power of praying in numbers...I gotcha covered ;)

I see people receiving beautiful blessings all the time, and I'd like to be a part of this too... Babygirl, if you are alive to read this then you def. were blessed today, lol

I guess, maybe i'm asking you guys, because maybe God will speak to you tell me something, lol...Maybe it was in His plan for you to come here & ask, there are a bunch of ladies here like Star, queeny & LadyR who are awesome at breaking these things down in a nonjudgemental, clear way.Thanks!

Good luck to hon & I'll keep you in my prayers

melodee

gn1g said:
The teacher is silent when the test is being taken. At various times in all of our lives God is silent. But you can be sure that you are on His mind, thou he is quiet is thinking about you for many are his thoughts towards us.

Yes, I was going to say this. God may be dealing with you and testing your faith and obedience. Don't give up. i just went through this and God is bringing me out of it in a glorious way.:)