Afraid to DYE!!!

ms_kenesha

Okay, I have a pack of henna hair color in black that I bought to dye my hair black. I want my hair black, I really do, but I'm afraid to dye it for some reason.

I don't know why since it's not like I'm dying my hair lighter and have to worry about breakage. I think I'm just worried of how it'll look on me. I really like black hair on other people, I just want it to look great on me. I don't know call me crazy...

Oh, where's the question in all this you ask. Should I dye my hair black this week/month or should I wait until the fall, whenever that is?

Queenie

I also have some henna that I am afraid to use. It is brown. I don't know that I will like the color.

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
Queenie said:
I also have some henna that I am afraid to use. It is brown. I don't know that I will like the color.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you purchase it from?

J

JenniferMD

Go with the black now, there's really no reason to wait. I think it will look great on you.

SweetNic_JA

Ms_Kenesha, why not try a semi-perm rinse in Jetblack?
I'd go that route before I opt for something permanent.

H

honey_jammz82

[ QUOTE ]
SweetNic_JA said:
Ms_Kenesha, why not try a semi-perm rinse in Jetblack?
I'd go that route before I opt for something permanent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I am not too familiar with henna but isn't it very permanent? I died my hair black with Bigen(permanent) and although I loved it at first, right now I am dying to have a lighter color. Maybe you could do a semi-perm and see how you like it for a while, and then do henna...hth!

love2praz

I say try semi-permanent black. That way you don't have to worry about any possible damage or issues. I just did this yesterday and I am very pleased with the results--the pretty shine is amazing!!

Shatani

well, be sure of your decision, cuz henna doesnt mix well with chemicals and junk....im told it makes your hair really strong and well conditioned, but you have be sure watch what products you use after that...
~T~

msniq

I have a jazzing in spioced congac but I am afraid to use it. My hair is a light brown but not sandy with natural highlights. I like my color the way it is but I would like a few more hightlight but I am so afraid to dye too!

ms_kenesha

Yes LSU, Henna is not so permanent, but like Shatani said after you henna you have to make sure that you don't have it interact with certain things. That shouldn't really be a problem for me since I do not plan on doing anything chemical to my hair at all, that incl. permanent haircolor as well.

I had thought about getting a semi-perm black, but I really wanted something natural and I am excited about the conditioning aspects of henna as well.

Weaveitup, I know that some henna products can be drying but the company/person I bought this from I trust her opinion esp. since she is also relaxed* http://everydayhenna.com

I figured that I'm going to go for it SOON! Also, if I'm not so happy with the black I plan to go over it a month later with the red henna, I think that'll look pretty!

* I meant natural, not relaxed.

lsubabiedee

ms_kenesha...thats the same company that im gonna order my henna from...how often r u gonna use it?

im excited about it...although i havent even ordered yet