i thought pregnancy made your shedding stop...

Leshia

Ladies I'm stumped...I'm 10 weeks pregnant now and I've never shed so much...in my life. Your shedding is supposed to slow down when you're pregnant but mine has been out of control. I don't know what it is. Diet, you ask? that's out the window as I live on cereal right now trying to get out of this first and most horrible trimester. Will it keep shedding and shedding until I have one piece of hair left?? This shedding keeps up the way it is and I can forget my hair goal for DC next summer...tell me something...and make it good..*sighs* Has anyone any insight on this??

AMBERSKYE

Leshia,
Congratulations!

Your body is going through changes. Your hormonal imbalance may be causing this. Your prenatal vitamins may help with the problem, along with scalp massages.

Nina_deF

My hair shedded a lot too during the first 3 mo. (while I was feeling sick every minute of the day).
When I started feeling better in the 4 mo. my hair started GROWING, it got thicker and healthier, even my stylist commented on the change.

So you hang in there. It takes a bit for your body to get used to not only nourishing your child but nourishing itself too.

Peachtree

I know this shedding is bothersome, but just hang in there, like Nina said... it'll eventually slow down or even stop. Another thing, don't let it worry u... i know, easier said than done. But believe it or not, the *more* u worry about it, the *more* u will shed. Try to think past the shedding. Try to think positive thoughts... think about the precious lil baby that ur carrying. Luv, it'll definitely get better

MissM

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! I haven't had any shedding, but I notice my hair dye doesn't last as long as it used to. I hope your shedding eases up.

Leshia

thank you ladies for the congratulations. I am VERY happy about possibly getting my girl this time. I've just never experienced shedding like this before and it's quite scary when you watch all that hair washing down the drain. I'm going to try not to focus on it and wait for the fourth month to bring about sheer beauty. *smirking* You ladies DO know how to stop sheer panic...thank you. *smiles*

A

anks

leshia try using a good protein conditoner. keracare humecto is good. my friend is pregnant too and her hairstylist recommended keracare humecto on her to keep it from shedding badly. shedding is possible because i shed alot during (i can't remember cause i kept my hair braided up) after i had my daughter it got worse my hair had grew a whole lot, but i ended up cutting it to make it look even. don't worry your hair will be fine. remember every hair you loose you'll eventually grow it back. i tell you those prenatal vitamins does help (i'm still taking them) well that's also because next year we plan on having our second child. good luck!!!!