I THINK MTG GREW MY HAIR 1 INCH IN FOUR WEEKS (pics)

Nanyanika

I just took new pics of my exstensions I had put in four weeks ago, i was SURPRISED when i looked at comparsions shots, to find that i have a lot of newgrowth, i think i have at least an inch in the back and 3/4 inch in the front/side areas. I used MTG 1-2 times per week, i shampooed and conditioined with homemade braid concoction and THATS IT, i've stopped taking vits for 6 weeks also, plus i don't eat healthy. I hope it aint slipplage, i'd feel so shamed getting this excited for nothing lol. check out pics for yourselves.

http://public.fotki.com/den1/progress_pics/june_growth_update/

password: myhair

Nanyanika

Thanks ladies, I also noticed that my roots are wavier and much thicker, the only problem i have now, is how do i remove the odour of sulfur from my braids?

HoneyDew

I have braids, too. I just started using MTG last weekend. I have only used it twice - Once this past Saturday night and on Monday night. I got one of those applicators with the tip from the BSS and mixed MTG with ORS oil, cedarwood essential oil, and peppermint oil. I smell it, but it has turned into a sort of rose scent, much better than sulfur. It’s bearable. I was a big hater of MTG because of that smell. I think in the next mix I will use Surge or braid spray because this is too oily.

Anyway, I believe you with all that growth, girl. I have small braids and I have had them in for only a week and a half. I have so much new growth!! i have about 1/4 inch in a week. I cannot wait to see what my braider will say when she gives me my perimeter touchup next week. I know she is going to ask what the heck I’m doing.

I hate telling people I am using MTG (and other things) to get this growth, though. They will think I am crazy. My boyfriend knows now and makes horse noises out of the blue sometimes to make me laugh. He is so stupid, but I don’t care. I am excited about my hair growth.

This MTG stuff does work and I am speaking as a former MTG hater.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
That does look like growth to me too. That MTG is workin for ya! To get the smell out maybe you have to do some type of rinse. Maybe an ACV & rosewater?

Nanyanika

HoneyDew said:
I have braids, too. I just started using MTG last weekend. I have only used it twice - Once this past Saturday night and on Monday night. I got one of those applicators with the tip from the BSS and mixed MTG with ORS oil, cedarwood essential oil, and peppermint oil. I smell it, but it has turned into a sort of rose scent, much better than sulfur. It’s bearable. I was a big hater of MTG because of that smell. I think in the next mix I will use Surge or braid spray because this is too oily.

Anyway, I believe you with all that growth, girl. I have small braids and I have had them in for only a week and a half. I have so much new growth!! i have about 1/4 inch in a week. I cannot wait to see what my braider will say when she gives me my perimeter touchup next week. I know she is going to ask what the heck I’m doing.

I hate telling people I am using MTG (and other things) to get this growth, though. They will think I am crazy. My boyfriend knows now and makes horse noises out of the blue sometimes to make me laugh. He is so stupid, but I don’t care. I am excited about my hair growth.

This MTG stuff does work and I am speaking as a former MTG hater.
Thanks for the tip i may use the essential oils to mask the terrible scent. I actually need to book an appointment with my hairdresser to redo to nape and sides of my hair.

Last edited:

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I usually use 1 tbsp to 1 cup of water. But I don't know how much rosewater to put in. I usually do a regular acv rinse. I however have heard of making acv and putting rosemary or chamomile tea leaves in it. You boil the tea first, cool then add acv and that is your rinse.

Nanyanika

DangerouslyShy said:
I love MTG, girl that is growth no doubt about it...

Can I have your hair den!?:grin: I have always been in love with it!!
I like the growth results, but i hate the smell and the oily consistency. We can swap heads anytime lol.

PittiPat

Yep, looks like growth to me. Congrats! :clapping: I'm using MTG too and hope that my hair looks like that in a month. :)

chellee

Den, you have been on this hair growth journey for quite some time now. Your advice/recommendations/reviews hold a lot of weight (not to put anyone else down, please do not take offense). I am becomming more and more interested in this M-T-G thing. Your pics are great. Keep the reviews coming . . .

Eiano

Hey Den, what braid wash do you use?

I haven't been washing my braids and it's been working for me, but I'd like to hear what others do!!!

Nanyanika

Eiano said:
Hey Den, what braid wash do you use?

I haven't been washing my braids and it's been working for me, but I'd like to hear what others do!!!
Hi, I wash my braids once a week using a stocking cap to prevent my braids fuzzing/unravelling. i alternate between Keracare, Elucence, nioxin, Nexxus, CON, Elasta QP poos. For conditioning i saturate my hair with a mixture of surge moisture aide, vo5 conditioner, de-ionised water, glycerin, rosewater, then with an apllicator bottle i squeeze MTG on the scalp area. Every two weeks after shampooing, i use a mild reconstrouctor by Avlon Affirm. I have a photographic demonstration on how i administer this technique in my fotki album (please see signature).

Nanyanika

Thanks ladies!!! i'm trying to keep the braids in for another four weeks, then see how i progress from there. Even though i'm currently transitioning, i don't think i'll cut anymore off until December, i'm gonna hide my scissors so i don't get the itch to chop so much off again lol. For those ladies who are thinkling of getting MTG. i'd say go for it, otherwise you'll never know whether it'll work for ya matey. If you try and your not impressed just PM me and i'll buy it off ya. Good luck!!!!!!!!!

beloved1

den1 said:
Thanks ladies!!! i'm trying to keep the braids in for another four weeks, then see how i progress from there. Even though i'm currently transitioning, i don't think i'll cut anymore off until December, i'm gonna hide my scissors so i don't get the itch to chop so much off again lol. For those ladies who are thinkling of getting MTG. i'd say go for it, otherwise you'll never know whether it'll work for ya matey. If you try and your not impressed just PM me and i'll buy it off ya. Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that's a pretty amazing testimony. You all are sure serious about this M-T-G. I had PROMISED myself I would not get on this bandwagon. The thing is my hair is already growing about 3/4 inch a month, I think due to the time of year, high protein diet (eggs), vitamins, etc. I feel like if I bust out with over an inch growth a month, I'd be almost embarassed b/c people would be wondering where all the hair came from, I've always had short hair. They're already bowled over that I'm nearing shoulder length:)

Okay, I got on the Phyto bandwagon even though I thought that expensive stuff was the craziest thing I had ever heard of, and now, I can't live without it so I'm going to look back at all the MTG thread and I might be joining y'all soon.

Ayeshia

thats amazing...Im glad to see that everybody is getting some growth. Your hair is so thick and purty :love:

Healthb4Length

Den, as usual your hair looks pretty! Now I've got to get this stuff, your growth is phenominal...it's not slippage! I'll deal with the stinky smell:lol: , maybe it will help me cause I feel as if my hair isn't growing fast enuff...never mind me I think I have hair anorexia anyways...:lol:

Diane71

That is an amazing amount of ng in 4 weeks Den. Goodness, that MTG must really work, I'll tell ya. I currently don't use MTG but after seeing all of that thick, purty ng girl, I might just try it one day. Beautiful.

Hair goal for 2005: 5 inches past bra strap length by December.
Hair type and texture: 4b thick and course strands
Pics coming in July after touch-up!

Nanyanika

Ayeshia said:
thats amazing...Im glad to see that everybody is getting some growth. Your hair is so thick and purty :love:
Thank-you Ayeshia and if you don't already know, i'm telling you that i'm a fan of your natural hair.

Nanyanika

Alli77 said:
Den, as usual your hair looks pretty! Now I've got to get this stuff, your growth is phenominal...it's not slippage! I'll deal with the stinky smell:lol: , maybe it will help me cause I feel as if my hair isn't growing fast enuff...never mind me I think I have hair anorexia anyways...:lol:
I don't mean to be MTG Pusher, but you gotta try it, in beginning i really didn't think that much of it, i thought whats this stinky stuff gonna do to my hair, i already made up my mind that i wasn't going to buy it again, just because of smell, i really didn't want to waste my money either so i decided i'd only use it once or maybe twice a week because that's all i could bear. i was blooming suprised when i realised how much growth i had received. I wasn't even washing my hair as often, or even moisturising daily, i just put my hair back into a ponytail holder and went about my business.

Nanyanika

london honey said:
Den, you know what I think of your hair :) . Great growth and beautiful as ever!
Thank-you Londonhoney, i remember i while back i stumbled across your album,i thought its gorgeous.

Nanyanika

Diane71 said:
That is an amazing amount of ng in 4 weeks Den. Goodness, that MTG must really work, I'll tell ya. I currently don't use MTG but after seeing all of that thick, purty ng girl, I might just try it one day. Beautiful.

Hair goal for 2005: 5 inches past bra strap length by December.
Hair type and texture: 4b thick and course strands
Pics coming in July after touch-up!
Thanks girl, i remember the days when i was so rigid with my hair regime, sometimes i could exceed 1 inch a month, but i'm not as discplined anymore, i better shut-up i defintely have hair anorexia.