i think its time to chop

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
my daughters hair. her relaxed ends seem to be getting thinner and thinner and the very ends are very prone to knots when i braid her hair all the way down to the tip. some small parts are fully natural from what i am assuming is breakage because i didnt cut it. maybe these parts where my mom "only burnt it a lil bit" during one of her imposed pressing sessions. i am going to wash and blowdry and possibly flat iron today and give it a nice trim these see thru ends are getting on my nerves there arent even as thick as when she was fully permed. I dont get it i keep it moisturized and braided most of the time. She might not make her goal of transitioning to to very last inch.

I really dont want to chop because her hair grows kind of crazy the front bangs/edges have only grown about 2inches in 1.5yrs of transitioning the rest is about 4-5.5in of newgrowth. I would hate to chop it now and have such an uneven look. i am thinking of putting braid extensions in but i hate the look of that on little kids. just seems like its always either too much hair or too tight on the edges.

ok i'm thru venting give a transitioning mom a lil luv

Hey girl, I just gave my little transitioning one a really big cut, not the quite the bc, and it made a really big difference. First I put her hair in about 8 or 9 ponytails, then I started cutting pony by pony--up to 3 inches some parts. She's been transitioning for 5 1/2 months now and probably has about 3 inches of new growth. I think she stills has about 2 inches of relaxed hair. I say I think because by the time I finished (Shampooed with CON (green label), conditioned with Dove Intensive Moisture, braided with Kids Oganics shea butter detangling lotion and hot six oil) her hair was the bomb and her roots almost looked like they had been texturized or lightly pressed with only a slight wave left. Her hair now almost looks completely natural, no tangles, not matting, no dryness at all. The two textures blend perfectly now. Just writing to say a good cut and conditioning can make a big difference. I'm trying to hold out 3 1/2 months to make the final bc in September so she'll be fresh and all natural for the new school year.

omg her hair grows super fast 3in in 5months wow, keep up the good work mom
i'll post pics after we hook it up tonight

Maybe it's time for a big trim and not the BC quite yet. Or maybe putting in some cute cornrows instead of individual braids.

Back