I think I'm SL - UGH!

Can I claim SL?

• You got it.

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • You might wanna wait for that.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I understand the Rick Ross reference in your thread title.

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yuhlovevybz

Key word: think? I think maybe I'm grazing it. Either way, I'm HYPED cuz my hair hasn't been this length (sad, I know) or this healthy since...idk when! I flat ironed it out today and then stuck it in a bun before I can ruin it. I actually found an amazing amount of hairstyles I can do at this length, which I might post later. Most say SL is the awkward stage, but it feels good awkward to me, because I finally notice my hair is getting longer.

So where do I go from here to keep retaining this growth? I'm excited but I wanna keep progressing, not get too happy and jack it up like I usually do. Oh, and more to the question, can I claim SL?

IMG_3848.JPG
IMG_3856.jpg
IMG_3857.JPG

MeowMix

:congrats: on your progress. Your hair looks nice and healthy. Sometimes these milestones take forever don't they?

sunnieb

Lookin' good!

Keep your ends moist to minimize breakage. Dry, brittle ends are a no go.

You can start using protective styles a few times a week to maximize retention as well.

Sent from my SGPT12 using LHCF

Leslie_C

Congrats on your progresses, your hair looks very healthy. That its the length that it is very important to protect your ends nc they rub on your clothes all the time....so keep it up off your shoulders and your ends moisturized and sealed. Please post the style ideas too!

Looks great! I can't wait to be at your length! I'm growing my hair out from a really short nia long tapered kinda cut so tho Is inspiring!!!

JJamiah

Congratulations making shoulder length. As others have said, I definitely think protective styling would help. In this stage it seems that sometimes there is drying out more than any other stages. definitely keep your hair moisturized and your ends trimmed, but not too much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

brittle_hair

Congrats - you look SL to me and your ends look nice and healthy! Took me a while but yep, get the rick ross thing = lol!

*CherryPie*

That's shoulder length? I thought it had to be long enough to stretch the hair to the end of the shoulder. So, what length did I just describe? I was waiting for shoulder length but I must be way past that. I'm so confused on anything above APL.

Congratulations OP!

yuhlovevybz

That's shoulder length? I thought it had to be long enough to stretch the hair to the end of the shoulder. So, what length did I just describe? I was waiting for shoulder length but I must be way past that. I'm so confused on anything above APL.

Congratulations OP!

I may be wrong. Looking at the poll results, it's pretty even, so I'll settle for being in NL/SL limbo -___-

I consider shoulder length past the collar on my uniform. If it's out of regs, it's SL. It's a visual thing for me, without touching or stretching hair, if it falls on top of the shoulders. But hey, no biggie, I can wait to claim it if thats what it needs. Either way, it's reached 'my world' SL, if that makes since. :grin:

Anne26

panda
Yes, that's shoulder length.

*CherryPie*

yuhlovevybz

Don't worry girl. You won't be stuck there. Your hair is going to be much longer than you think it will be. You're going to be amazed at the length you're gonna have! :yep:

I don't know where SL really is. I'm going to start measuring when I get to APL because I know where that is.:lol:

I may be wrong. Looking at the poll results, it's pretty even, so I'll settle for being in NL/SL limbo -___-

I consider shoulder length past the collar on my uniform. If it's out of regs, it's SL. It's a visual thing for me, without touching or stretching hair, if it falls on top of the shoulders. But hey, no biggie, I can wait to claim it if thats what it needs. Either way, it's reached 'my world' SL, if that makes since. :grin:

iri9109

your poll is funny. at 1st i read the title & i thought you were complaining about being SL...then i got it lol

yuhlovevybz

Thanks *CherryPie* ! I don't think I'll even know what to do with myself if I ever hit APL, I'll be estatic! Even when I was young and my hair was "long" it still wasn't APL. But I'm definitely gonna push for that, and if I get it then I know I can get my final goal of BSL. I'm hyped just thinking about it lol.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
your hair looks healthy and happy. keep taking care of it. protect those ends like your life depends on it. when you wear you hair down, wear silk or satin shirts or drape silk scarf or pashmina around your shoulders so your hair doesn't rub your clothes and break. protective style and stretch any chemicals you may use like color or relaxers. trim your ends when they need it and deep condition regularly.

as for the length, when i was that length, i called it neck length because my hair was at the end of my neck. i called it shoulder when my hair passed my neck and touched my shoulder. (about an inch or two below the bottom of my neck). HOWEVER am not a "length" stickler. if that's shoulder length to you, then call it and celebrate. either way, you hair care looks to be on point. :)

Carmelella

I think you're about an inch, inch and a half shy. But don't let that get you down because your hair looks very healthy and thick. My hair is longer, but if I could snatch your thick bangs and sides I wud do it in a minute!! Lol. There is a lot more to hair beauty than just length and you have quite a handful of positive things going on :)

CONGRATS!

ESmackum

I say claim it. I'm about your length and I claim SL (just because it's only the second time in life that I've made it close to there).

But it's a good point that you brought up. Where exactly is SL? I've seen charts with it near the bottom of the neck, at the collar bone in front, only a half inch away from APL... So I'm not sure either.

I also have big ol trapezius muscles too (so I've been told) so my "shoulder' may technically be a little higher...lol

Uniqzoe

I looks shoulder length to me and you don't have long before it will reach your collarbone. Wishing you speedy growth!!