i think i may

chebaby

treat myself to a visit to the aveda salon for some color.
i really just wanted to go to cvs and buy texture and tones or some other permanent color for less than $10 but frankly im scared lol. i know i will still have to do upkeep even with natural color like aveda but i think i will feel better if they do it.
i got a permanent color on april 2nd but it was only left on for 5 minutes and you really cant see a difference. so two weeks later i did a semi perm color with natural instincs and the color only took in the front of my hair and you can only see that in certain light:lachen:. i just cant win lol. so i think aveda is my best bet.
if i get my hair colored this weekend will that have been a long enough wait between the colors that were already done? or should i wait another month or so?

1. I absolutely heart the aveda salon
2. i heart the aveda products
3. i thought about going there for color too (so let me know how it turned out!!) :grin:
4. did i mention i HEART the aveda salon & products?!!
5. I don't think it will hurt to go for the color this weekend. I used three different semi-colors two weeks apart and my hair has suffered NO damage (maybe because the color didnt freaking take)!!!:wallbash:

Does Aveda salons do natural heads, or do you have to have a relaxer? I have never had a professional color done before. I think I would like to do that for my birthday in July. Please tell me...someone. :wave:

Yes, they do natural heads. I have done it twice already. I was just about to give up on colouring with my fine strands when I did my research on Aveda hair dye. My hairdresser was white but had experience with my hair texture because she has a bi-racial daughter. She even talked me out of going higher than colour number 5 because it would cause breakage and be hard to upkeep with the difference in colour between the roots and dyed hair especially since I work outside the States. So when I go back to the States this year, I am getting my roots done.

Best,
Almond Eyes

treat myself to a visit to the aveda salon for some color.
i really just wanted to go to cvs and buy texture and tones or some other permanent color for less than $10 but frankly im scared lol. i know i will still have to do upkeep even with natural color like aveda but i think i will feel better if they do it.
i got a permanent color on april 2nd but it was only left on for 5 minutes and you really cant see a difference. so two weeks later i did a semi perm color with natural instincs and the color only took in the front of my hair and you can only see that in certain light:lachen:. i just cant win lol. so i think aveda is my best bet.
if i get my hair colored this weekend will that have been a long enough wait between the colors that were already done? or should i wait another month or so?

I thought you were going to say you may have a sale.:lachen::look:.

^^^^ lmao. no, but i was looking at my stash like "i know darn well some of these products i aint even thinking about using". i should have a sale lol.

but no, just thinking about color.

I have just come to this conclusion as well, any more reviews, tips, important regimen changes that should be done?

Hey che..

You know what I say... professionals only for cuts,chemicals, and color.... :D

I'm thinking it will turn out nice... they can do a wide variety of hair there... plus just find a "sista" :lachen:

^^^^ lmao. no, but i was looking at my stash like "i know darn well some of these products i aint even thinking about using". i should have a sale lol.

but no, just thinking about color.

I'm still waiting on this to happen.. bc.. you have E'RYTHANG... :lachen:

I have just come to this conclusion as well, any more reviews, tips, important regimen changes that should be done?

Well, I have not went to the salon for the color yet, but I did ask about the price for color service and it was only $60 (in my area). I will tell you that the stylists there are excellent! They focus on health and retention. They always perform consultations before any chemical services and will answer any questions that you may have.

As far as a regimen, I have HEARD that color can cause the hair to become dry and prone to breakage. This would seem true considering that it is a chemical service that weakens the hair. This may not hold true for everyone due to other chemicals, hair types, etc. Your stylist should be able to assess and recommend products to help maintain proper balance and color.

Hey che..

You know what I say... professionals only for cuts,chemicals, and color.... :D

I'm thinking it will turn out nice... they can do a wide variety of hair there... plus just find a "sista" :lachen:
i chickened out and cancelled my consultation lmao. last week everyone was making these "stylist f'd up my hair" threads and i was like oh hells no lmao. i aint gonna lie, i got scared and stayed in bed:lachen:.
but i may just say bleep it and treat myself in about 2 pay checks lol. the lady told me its $70 for all over color.

Back