I relaxed my hair. Why does it feel like straw.SOS

IntoMyhair

Hi guys,

So i got upset with my hair and relaxed it this evening also did the corrective.
The corrective i used 1 type of perm (regular) and just smoothed it through. I will have to redo it cause my roots are stick straight. My length looks like waves lol.

Anyway i'm not use to this since i've been under processed so long.
Why does my hair feel like straw? I have used a protein treatment, deep conditioned, used porosity control and a rinse out conditioner HE long term relationship. It still feels like straw.
Can someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Did you neutralize well? How did you dc and with what? If your hair feels like straw it seems your hair is screaming for moisture.

IntoMyhair

Did you neutralize well? How did you dc and with what? If your hair feels like straw it seems your hair is screaming for moisture.

I am sure I neutralized well. :look:
I dc'ed with ntm mask.
I dc'ed with heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
Even the silk in the long term relationship did nothing lol.

Monigirl

Possibly try mixing your favorite conditioner with 1 tbsp of EVOO or Coconut oil. Leave on for 10 mins to 1 hour under a plastic cap and rinse. When my hair felt like straws coconut oil mixed with conditioner works for me.

The last time my hair felt like straws it was due to my relaxer. My previous relaxer at the time was the culprit. I'll never use Optimum Multi Mineral Lye again. My hair loves Affirm Normal Lye.

Brownie518

Possibly try mixing your favorite conditioner with 1 tbsp of EVOO or Coconut oil. Leave on for 10 mins to 1 hour under a plastic cap and rinse. When my hair felt like straws coconut oil mixed with conditioner works for me.

The last time my hair felt like straws it was due to my relaxer. My previous relaxer at the time was the culprit. I'll never use Optimum Multi Mineral Lye again. My hair loves Affirm Normal Lye.

I agree with Moni. You should shampoo with the neutralizing poo again and do a serious moisturizing deep conditioning, adding some oil, with heat. You should try something more moisturizing than the NTM. Ever since I switched relaxer, I haven't had that 'straw' feeling. I use the Soft & Beautiful regular with Triple Hydration Oil. :yep:

IntoMyhair

I used optimum anti breakage. But I had been using it forever lol.
Which there are no more mild's in the anti breakage. Only the multi mineral comes in mild. Which now i see not to try. So i will need a new relaxer.

IntoMyhair

I agree with Moni. You should shampoo with the neutralizing poo again and do a serious moisturizing deep conditioning, adding some oil, with heat. You should try something more moisturizing than the NTM. Ever since I switched relaxer, I haven't had that 'straw' feeling. I use the Soft & Beautiful regular with Triple Hydration Oil. :yep:
What is more moisturizing? Maybe i have it in the house already.

Brownie518

What is more moisturizing? Maybe i have it in the house already.

Well, what other dc's do you have around? I personally use DPR-11, PM Supercharged Moisturizer, Ion Color Defense Intense Moisture, Elasta QP Intense, etc. There's also Humectress, Joico Moisture Recovery Balm. I never liked the NTM conditioner so I'm biased. Whenever I had straw hair, I just amped up the moisture. Thank goodness I don't have that problem anymore. The S&B is good to me :yep:

IntoMyhair

Well, what other dc's do you have around? I personally use DPR-11, PM Supercharged Moisturizer, Ion Color Defense Intense Moisture, Elasta QP Intense, etc. There's also Humectress, Joico Moisture Recovery Balm. I never liked the NTM conditioner so I'm biased. Whenever I had straw hair, I just amped up the moisture. Thank goodness I don't have that problem anymore. The S&B is good to me :yep:

I have some kenra moisturizing,aussie deep, miss keys 10 n 1,suave humectress`pantene relaxed n natural no dpr 11 though. I could get some dpr 11 in the morning.

I can see now that i will have to refind my products again. What worked is not working now lol.

twinkletoes17

I relaxed my hair today as well. The relaxer is beyond effed up, so I should be able to help lol. My hair was feeling like straw too. Usually when I rinse out the relaxer, it's kind of smooth/velvety feeling. Not this time. I think because I didn't detangle prior....

Anyway, my hair was dry and matted. I used ORS replenishing pak and that made the straw feeling disappear in a snap of a finger. Usually ORS paks never work for me. Today I used a lye relaxer for the first time in nearly 2 years. I'm guessing that's why my hair liked the paks today. The dryness was gone, my hair was detangled and slippy. Good stuff :)

Brownie518

I have some kenra moisturizing,aussie deep, miss keys 10 n 1,suave humectress`pantene relaxed n natural no dpr 11 though. I could get some dpr 11 in the morning.

I can see now that i will have to refind my products again. What worked is not working now lol.

You could try the ORS pack, as twinkletoes suggested. Try the Kenra. Many ladies on here swear by that one. Do a nice, long DC with some heat, use a nice moisturizing leave in and see how that works.

IntoMyhair

Thanks everyone.
Looks like i will have to restock on Good moisturizing products. Right now i put evoo and castor oil on my hair slept over night. Than applied some cream of nature nourishing and will dc for a good while. And yup i did not detangle before relaxing either. I will run to the store when my husband comes in. To get some ors packets, scarf plastic cap and all. lol. I need the detangling help.

tuffCOOKiE

You could try the ORS pack, as twinkletoes suggested. Try the Kenra. Many ladies on here swear by that one. Do a nice, long DC with some heat, use a nice moisturizing leave in and see how that works.

Um I would tell you to do the ORS pack since it has MUCH more slip then the Kenra MC. I use both but, Kenra would not help w detangling