RELAXED HAIR DOESN'T LOOK RELAXED!

locabouthair

my first relaxer, motions, left me underpreocessed and then i did a corrective with mizani. after i got the mizani my hair was looking great. it actually looked like i went to a salon versus with the motions it didn't look that great. then after a couple of day after the mizani. it started looking dull. i washed my hair on sun and my hair doesnt even look like a relaxed ever hit it. it looks like a press/ blow dry. im really frustrated. what should i do. i already did a corrective. maybe i need to use super instead of regular. im just scared the super would be too strong. i am thinking about using a clear rinse to make it look better. does anyone have any advice. TIA.

Maybe you should wait it out and try again in 6 weeks or so? :confused: Go to a stylist and see if they can do something. Maybe you just need to find the right relaxer for you. I don't think you should go to super though. I had the same problem with Motions. It wouldn't take on my hair and later caused breakage. I switched to Affirm and it was too strong. Left my hair already thin hair stringy, bone straight and limp. I finally switched to Mizani and that worked for me. I was able to wear it wet and wavy/curly. And my hair finally started to grow and be more healthy after switching to the Mizani.

Wait until your next relaxer before you do anything. Did you use any hardcore protein after? That sometimes will revert a relaxer. I used to use Optimum when I was relaxed-if this helps, and I never had a problem.

I suggest going to a stylist for a corrective relaxer maybe a good Dominican saln if you have one close by you. This is the best thing I did to my hair after under/overprocessing it.

thanks for the suggetsions ladies. tone week after the relaxer i deep conditioned with motions cpr to prevent breakage. he stylist i went to for the last relaxer was dominican she basically applied the relaxer from the root to ends because i was underprocessed before too. i dont know it seems like my hair just isn't taking to the relaxer. being that i did a corrective the last time i dont know if i should do another one. *sigh* for all of this i should have stucked to pressing. :perplexed

This happened to me, so I'm giving up relaxing my hair strait. Even the pro couldn't gey my hair strait. Are you using MTG? I found out that it actually stops my hair from relaxing strait. I hope all works for you.

I hear U LAH. My hubby was so mad. I paid a pro 60$ to relax my hair strait. He said I could've done the job better my self. Guess what...I couldn't!:lol: I am transitioning now because of it. I am following my mama's advice to quit trying to force my hair to do something it won't do.:ohwell: My hair does texturize beautifully so I may attempt to do that...Maybe...:D

locabouthair said:
my first relaxer, motions, left me underpreocessed and then i did a corrective with mizani. after i got the mizani my hair was looking great. it actually looked like i went to a salon versus with the motions it didn't look that great. then after a couple of day after the mizani. it started looking dull. i washed my hair on sun and my hair doesnt even look like a relaxed ever hit it. it looks like a press/ blow dry. im really frustrated. what should i do. i already did a corrective. maybe i need to use super instead of regular. im just scared the super would be too strong. i am thinking about using a clear rinse to make it look better. does anyone have any advice. TIA.

I also had the same problem with Motions. My hair didnt take and was very underprocessed..I just waited 6-7 weeks.. I would never get a corrective or do anything except wait it out. To much chemicals is not good.
I suggest u just leave hair alone right now youve already done to much to it
and now know not to use motions next time.
Flat iron or something if u want it straight, maybe different leave ins...

Back