I need some new ideas for cone free daily leave in...

sparkle25

Hi curlfriends :)

I need some new suggestions for a daily leave in. I don't use cones at all and I try to stay away from leave ins with a lot of oils. I don't care if it has some oils, I just would prefer it if there wasn't a lot as they leave my hair dry.

I use Darcy's Botanicala daily leave in, but I do have to apply every day, so I am looking for something that will keep my hair moisturized for a bit longer.

I have tried Oyins hair dew and that was too greasy and didnt leave my hair soft or moisturized. Just greasy.

My hair stayed moisturized for days with burdock root butter cream from Qhemet, but it was too greasy at the same time so I stopped using it

I don't mind ordering stuff online as most of the natural stuff is online anyways.

I don't like rinse outs for leave ins as I find they are too heavy.

Other than that, I am open to all suggestions. Doesn't matter if it has some oils.

Thanks ladies

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I was going to recommend Hair Dew and SD WGBC, but you didn't like HD and SD is a rinse out condish that thinks it's a leave-in. Both, are my L in the LCO method depending on how I feel and what my hair needs at the time. AVJ vs. Ceramides.

Buy the time I'm done with LCO I only have to M&S twice a week.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Kinky Curly Knot Today or Giovanni Direct leave in. Both are very moisturizing. Giovanni direct leave in has aloe vera juice in it so its great for a little hold. Great for twistouts, puffs, or braidouts. Neither make my hair crunchy. They both leave my hair moisturized for the entire week. Giovanni Direct Leave In was good for my natural hair and Kinky Curly Knot Today is good for my texlaxed hair.

Lovestyr

I second kinky curly knot today and this available on the ground if you are located by a target. I buy it for 10.99 a my local target.

sparkle25

I forgot to mention that I already have that. I use it on my little brothers hair. I may try to revisit it for myself tonight after I dc

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Texas Natural Supply's Creme Conditioner Base, Lotion Base I or Lotion Base II Extra Moisturizing are THE. BOMB.

They all have AVG, unrefined shea butter, conditioning emulsfier and low pH for sealing of the cuticles. The Creme Conditioner has silk protein, too.

Moisture for days.

Cannot not wait to re-up on all 3...

sparkle25

JulietWhiskey what are the ingredients in the Lotion base 1 and 2? It doesn't say online. The cream conditioner base looks good only it has protein in it and in going to leave the proteins for my weekly protein treatments.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
@sparkle25

Lotion Base I: Botanical/INCI/Ingredients: Water, Aloe Vera Whole Leaf Juice, Shea, Natural Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Vegetable Stearic Acid, Safflower Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Silver Dihydrogen Citrate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate.
No synthetics or colorants added.
No GMO's
Manufactured By: This product was formulated and is manufactured at our facility.
It is made as needed to provide the freshest product possible.
Origin: USA
Form: Lotion / Creamy white
Appearance/Color: Cream
Odor/Note: NA
Solubility in Water: Yes
Melting Point:
Specific Gravity:
pH: 4.9
Shelf Life: 2 + years
Storage: Ambient temperature. Do not store in direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate.
Suggested Uses:
Usage Rate:
Additional Info: FCC - Food Grade

Lotion Base II Extra Moisturizing: Botanical/INCI/Ingredients: Water, Shea, Safflower Oil, Natural Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Vegetable Stearic Acid, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Vera Juice, Silver Dihydrogen Citrate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate.
No synthetics or colorants added. No GMO's
Manufactured By: This product was formulated and is manufactured at our facility.
It is made as needed to provide the freshest product possible.
Origin: USA
Form: Lotion / Creamy white
Appearance/Color: Cream
Odor/Note: NA
Solubility in Water: Yes
Melting Point:
Specific Gravity:
pH: 4.9
Shelf Life: 2 + years

Although the ingredients are essentially the same, the Lotion Base II is DEFINITELY thicker and more like a rich cream while Lotion Base I is more like a light cream or lotion. As you can see, Lotion Base I has AVJ higher up on the list to make it lighter.

In the Summer, I use Lotion Base I. In Winter, I use Lotion Base II.

HTH!

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Cone Free - Water Based

-All Things O'Natural Natty Moist
-NaturelleGrow Leave in Conditioner
-Alikay Naturals Lemon Leave In & Moisturizers
-Brown Beauty Butter Sweet Milk Leave In
...incase oil based were to heavy.

Last edited:

lamaria211

My favorite cone free leave in is SSI Coco cream leave in. That stuff is heaven in a bottle.
Others that are good: Bee mine hair milk, Giovanni direct, and Silk Dreams wheat germ butter

NaturallyATLPCH

JulietWhiskey, thank you so much. I have been looking for a great deep conditioner along with some other things to start making my own products and Texas Natural Supply is it. I love the site, products, and ingredients. Will be purchasing!

I can also use that DC as a leave in. My hair loves protein.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
@JulietWhiskey, thank you so much. I have been looking for a great deep conditioner along with some other things to start making my own products and Texas Natural Supply is it. I love the site, products, and ingredients. Will be purchasing!

I can also use that DC as a leave in. My hair loves protein.

NaturallyATLPCH

You're welcome!

I've used the Conditioner Creme Base, Lotion Bases I and II, their Hair Gel and their Whipped Shea-Aloe.

EVERYTHING. IS. AMAZING!

• The Conditioner Base has slip, moisture and silk protein.
  • The Lotion Bases I and II have slip, moisture and leave me with soft yet super defined twist-outs.
  • Their Hair Gel provides a nice, medium hold that lays down edges like a boss and doesn't flake. And when used for twist-outs, isn't drying to the hair. I don't use it for twist-outs only because it gives me that "ramen noodle/let your Soul Glo" look and I prefer a softer yet defined look to my twist-outs.
  • Whipped Shea Aloe? MY GAWD. I first tried to use this as a leave-in to twist my hair. FAIL. Way too thick and made my hair hard and stiff. So I rinsed it out, mad as all get out because I had just DCed. But as I was rinsing, I couldn't believe how soft and detangled my hair felt. My fingers were literally slipping through my hair. After rinsing it all out, my hair was plump and moist FOR DAYS. In my opinion, this product is the ULTIMATE MOISTURIZING TREATMENT and this is how I use it: I use it after my hard-core protein treatment (Neutral Protein Filler, Aphogee 2 Step, etc) to moisturize and balance my hair. This stuff is tricky to apply but man, I have yet to find a better moisturzing treatment after a protein treatment. Stuff is real out here in these hair care streets...
  • My ONLY complaint with TNS is their prices (but I truly believe they are worth it; I just like complaining, :lachen:!) and their shipping :)look:.). But I will re-up next month as a Christmas present...to myself :)look:). It's Jesus' birthday and He said I could...Happy Birthday, Jesus and Merry Christmas to ME!
  • HTH!

NaturallyATLPCH

NaturallyATLPCH

You're welcome!

I've used the Conditioner Creme Base, Lotion Bases I and II, their Hair Gel and their Whipped Shea-Aloe.

EVERYTHING. IS. AMAZING!

• The Conditioner Base has slip, moisture and silk protein.
  • The Lotion Bases I and II have slip, moisture and leave me with soft yet super defined twist-outs.
  • Their Hair Gel provides a nice, medium hold that lays down edges like a boss and doesn't flake. And when used for twist-outs, isn't drying to the hair. I don't use it for twist-outs only because it gives me that "ramen noodle/let your Soul Glo" look and I prefer a softer yet defined look to my twist-outs.
  • Whipped Shea Aloe? MY GAWD. I first tried to use this as a leave-in to twist my hair. FAIL. Way too thick and made my hair hard and stiff. So I rinsed it out, mad as all get out because I had just DCed. But as I was rinsing, I couldn't believe how soft and detangled my hair felt. My fingers were literally slipping through my hair. After rinsing it all out, my hair was plump and moist FOR DAYS. In my opinion, this product is the ULTIMATE MOISTURIZING TREATMENT and this is how I use it: I use it after my hard-core protein treatment (Neutral Protein Filler, Aphogee 2 Step, etc) to moisturize and balance my hair. This stuff is tricky to apply but man, I have yet to find a better moisturzing treatment after a protein treatment. Stuff is real out here in these hair care streets...
  • My ONLY complaint with TNS is their prices (but I truly believe they are worth it; I just like complaining, :lachen:!) and their shipping :)look:.). But I will re-up next month as a Christmas present...to myself :)look:). It's Jesus' birthday and He said I could...Happy Birthday, Jesus and Merry Christmas to ME!
  • HTH!

JulietWhiskey, thanks again! :lol: at complaining!

Yeah, with cosmetic suppliers, the shipping can be outrageous. But, their prices seemed reasonable to me. And since purchasing in bulk, even if you ordered twice a year, you'd still come out with savings. I've added the Lotion II to the list.

Plus their products contain ceramides which my hair LOVES. Another plus. I can add my essential/fragrance oils in there and be done!

Joigirl

JulietWhiskey, thanks again! :lol: at complaining! Yeah, with cosmetic suppliers, the shipping can be outrageous. But, their prices seemed reasonable to me. And since purchasing in bulk, even if you ordered twice a year, you'd still come out with savings. I've added the Lotion II to the list. Plus their products contain ceramides which my hair LOVES. Another plus. I can add my essential/fragrance oils in there and be done!

Hey Naturally! Do they have any sales during BF or Christmas? I assume not given their typical clientele?

Beamodel

divachyk

I love hair dew too. One of the very few products with aloe that I can actually use. Hair dew and PBN Muru are very similar to one another. At least they are to me.