I Need More Than Water

TrendySocialite

So I co-washed and reset my hair last night. But this time I wanted to try it using just water to set. I know quite a few of you all use only water, so I wanted to give it a whirl. I usually use a setting lotion mix. All other things were the same, but my roller wrap didn't come out nearly as well as I'd like...so bad that I refuse to post pics...LOL It's frizzy and dull looking

So I'm at work debating whether or not I'm going to reset tonight when I get home.

Lesson learned: I need more than water to set my hair.

kittenz

This wouldn't work on my hair either. I need some kind of weight on my hair to make it cooperate and not look dull. Did you skip on the leave-in as well? Maybe you can try to add your products and dry set it instead of doing the whole washing thing again.:rolleyes:

TrendySocialite

No, I did the leave-in. I might try the dry set again, although I've done it before and I didn't really like it (maybe because I air-dried).

Dommo

I think your leave-in conditioner makes the Best set unless you have naturally moist hair

Jazala

A co-wash wont cut it. Try doing a moisturizing deep condition first then it should come out better. You won't need any product if you are using a good conditioner.

Jazala

Oh yeah and also before you go under the dryer, use a heat protecting spray like the Silk Elements one and you will get plenty of shine from that.

TrendySocialite

A co-wash wont cut it. Try doing a moisturizing deep condition first then it should come out better. You won't need any product if you are using a good conditioner.

Perhaps, but I've been co-washing for a while now and have had no problem. My rollersets usually come out really good. Like I said, the only difference is the setting lotion...so that's what makes me think it's that.

Jazala

Perhaps, but I've been co-washing for a while now and have had no problem. My rollersets usually come out really good. Like I said, the only difference is the setting lotion...so that's what makes me think it's that.

I'm just thinking that co-wash + setting lotion might be equal to deep condition + water. Most of the instant conditioners don't penetrate deep enough for lasting effect.

TrendySocialite

I've never had a problem with the co-wah plus setting lotion. Always come out bouncy and shiny. It's when I co-washed and set with just water that I have a problem.

Unless you are saying I need to DC if I'm going to set with only water...then I can understand that.

My setting lotion is my own mix of H20, EVOO, Lacio Lacio....nothing concocted in a lab...LOL

Jazala

I've never had a problem with the co-wah plus setting lotion. Always come out bouncy and shiny. It's when I co-washed and set with just water that I have a problem.

Unless you are saying I need to DC if I'm going to set with only water...then I can understand that.

My setting lotion is my own mix of H20, EVOO, Lacio Lacio....nothing concocted in a lab...LOL

Yes this is what I'm saying because the deep conditioning has lasting effects at least it does for me. I don't need anything extra if I deep condition first. I do use the heat spray before going under the dryer to be on the safe side.