I may need a place to stay...

HKKelly

Dear LHCF sisters,

I've been a member here since 2008-ish. I don't post much, because you all know EVERYTHING...who needs my 2 cents???

Because I've had so much faith in you all over the years, I've ordered every flatiron, serum, conditioner, oil, treatment...well you all know the list goes on...

I received my purchase of 7 Chagrin Valley sample shampoo bars in the mail yesterday. I hit up Walmart for some Garnier Sleek & Shine Condish (love it) a few days ago, along with some Argan Oil from Sally's (not so much love yet)...UPS just confirmed that my Maxiglide is on the way (btw did anyone see my post about the H2Pro flat iron that I purchased um...2 months ago that I loved more than the Sedu that I purchased Spring '09?). And for some reason, last night, while my husband was rambling about something, I ordered some Carusso steam rollers (Iphone's are bad for PJ's). I'm sitting here scratching my head because I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to live when he puts me and my hair products out.

Oh, and I spent $185 on a sew-in last Tuesday. So yea, now which one of you is taking me and my one-year old dd in, because as soon as he finds out :angry2::oops::wasntme:I'm blaming all of you.

In other news,
I shampooed my leave-out and sew-in with an Anita Grant shampoo bar, mixed some Desert Essence Organics Coconut Conditioner (whole foods) & Garnier Sleek & Shine for in overnight DC. I rinsed the next morning and did a final acv rinse. My hair was SUPER DUPER soft and moisturized.
Both of the conditioners are new additions and I don't think I've ever properly used acv before, so what did it--what made my hair so soft?

Later gators,
HK

UPDATE! UPDATE!

The good news is: I got my MaxiGlide yesterday
The bad news is: I wasn't the one to open the box.
Ok here's how it went down:

Dum~Dum, Mr. UPS was late. I knew hubs was on his way because he called, so I'm already pacing trying to think of a plan of action. As soon as he got home, I'm thinking, "this package has to be here before 7p." It was already after 6. So I said "Self, we're going with our instinct on this one." As soon as my husband walked in the door I grabbed my coat and said: "I'm going to the mailbox." We live in a condo, so our boxes are at the end of our street, which is also the entrance to our complex at the top of a hill...so I thought, I'd catch the UPS guy...brilliant, right?

Well...I got about half-way up the hill and lo and behold, what's this? The big-brown-truck! I'm thinking I'm soooo smart now. (There's no where to turn around at the end of our street so UPS usually comes in and backs down the street.) So, as Mr. UPS is backing down the street, I decide to get his attention and try and catch him before he passes me so I grab my package before he gets to my door. (I also decide that I need to cross the street so that I would now be out of view if hubs looks out of the window.) Some of you may not know but we got about an inch of snow in Atlanta last Friday that darn near paralyzed the entire city. There's still ice on the hill by my house...so now...the truck is backing up right in front of me...and I'm sliiiiiding backwards down this hill.

After I finally make it to the truck:

Me: Hey do you have a package for me?
UPS: Yea, I do. {smiles}
Me: Oh well, I can take it, I'm on my way to get my mail.
UPS: Ok, go ahead it'll be at your door when you get back.
Me: :-( [almost runs the rest of the way up the hill to the mailbox]

Back at home:
[He's just pulling up because he had to go to one of my neighbor's first]

UPS: [says to me] Aww, I'm sorry...I rung the bell, it's habit.

Meanwhile, I'm staring at the label on the box pretending to be perplexed as to where it came from.

Hubs: [opens door, waves] grabs box.

Me: [thinking] aww, shizzle.

I had to go around back because my husband who has been "so sick" has yet to pull our garbage can around back since Friday, so I took it upon myself; thinking I wouldn't look hasty trying to get to the box...you know...

In the house

HUBS: (with box already open) What's this?

Me: I don't know, probably something from Nana for the baby, I could't really see the address on the label.

HUBS: Naw, this is some hair stuff.

Me: {attitude now} well, if it's some hair stuff, then it's hair stuff.

{{{{{{silence}}}}}}

Me: It's the flat iron I told you about the other day. It was only $30 something dollars (knowing I selected the small payment plan from HSN just in case he checks the statements...)

HUBS: hmph.

Then I started kissing up. "Can I get you anything?" "How do you feel?" "How do you feel now, sweety?" "You should lay down." I'm so tired...I stayed up all night trying to make sure he didn't check that bank statement. Shoot, I can't even enjoy my steam rollers that came today. Gotta go...I have a box to hide...

Last edited:
ooohhh noooo....:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

from one pj to another, you know we will not let you, your dd, or your beloved hair products live on the street.

Learn self control, because I have no room for you and your daughter. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Also do a use up all your products challenge of your own because it sounds like you have enough products to last a couple of years.

Girl... you better start hiding some of that stuff... DH don't know that half of products and gadgets and gizmos that I have......:look:

You may want to invest in a special savings account called "incaseineedaplacetostayformyproductjunkieaddiction:lachen:"

you and dd are more then welcome to stay as long as you dont mind sharing all those products and gadgets:grin:

@ Taleah-- Girl Thanks! I knew someone here, would understand and care.

I try to hide everything, we live in a condo, we don't have a lot of storage room or cabinet space. I'm pretty good at hiding deliveries, but then something falls out the cabinet...:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

LOL! I made the mistake of putting some of my stuff in our hallway closet, wrong move. DH went crazy when he saw stuff out like that, I learned since then to creatively store my stash.

I will give your products a home if you need it LOL, you can stay with Lady Raider cause I dont have an extra bedroom.

well...can your DH leave? you know a lot of hair care products wont do so well in the cold weather...but your DH might :)

I know how you feel but after 3 years on this board, my DH realizes that he is fighting a losing battle. He doesn't even try any more. As soon as one of his niece's call and say that have a hair question, he doesn't say anything and hands the phone to me. When the packages come in, he sets them where I tell him too. I just had to get a little thuggish and tell them that just like my drinking, this wasn't going to stop. He backed down.

Does he know that it's for a good cause? :look:

I try to explain but he just doesn't get it. Probably because I won't let him see my hair. I've been protective styling since Feb. '08. He doesn't even know I bc'd. I want to do a big reveal at MBL/WL! I know it's crazy but that's the plan. Before we started dating he used to brag about how long his ex-girlfriend's hair was, blah, blah, why did I ever cut my hair...blah, blah. Well, I already know mine is better. I just want it be a WOW! moment.

LOL too funny. You can't stay with me. My SO gonna tell me the other day that I need to start throwing away some of my hair products because I have too many, I nearly passed out. hahaha You not about to have me and my 1year old on the street with ya'll.

LOL! I made the mistake of putting some of my stuff in our hallway closet, wrong move. DH went crazy when he saw stuff out like that, I learned since then to creatively store my stash.

Oh my, so I'm not alone..lol. Mine was underneath the kitchen sink or in the cabinet over the microwave..uggh..I need to make more room underneath my sink in the bathroom since we both have our own cabinet to hide the rest..uggh!

Ohhh
I stoped buying hair stuff when i place pictures of my products in the "post your stach" thread and i received so many thanks !!! i was turning into a PJ and i didnt have idea!!!

I will be "dressing" the guest room hehe

Cute thread. We are >>HERE<<

I am a PJ.. 2009 WAS A BAD, BAD year for my addiction. I am too embarrassed to post my stash. I am a work in progress..:yep: Trying to avoid the BSS and the hair product aisles by any means necessary. Heck.. I wouldn't have even clicked this link had I known it had a mini product review.. :sad::lachen:

you & dd will have to go somewhere, meantime back at the Ranch I can send you my address & use, I mean watch over your products.:lachen:

You have to use LHCF in MODERATION :lachen:. Otherwise it can produce addictions in you that can be quite hard to break (ask me how I know :look:). I had to pull an intervention on myself. But I think it's normal. I went through this phase when I had to try out practically EVERYTHING that was raved about because I didn't know what my hair liked. Then I started noticing patterns of things and ingredients my hair liked and began to narrow it down (I've been lurking LHCF for a while now, and I just recently came to this point). Now I have my set things I know my hair likes, and I'm sticking to them. Of course I allow myself minor (not to mention cheap) indulgences, like ayurvedic powders, but I put myself on internet restriction. If I can't purchase it at whole foods, vitamin shoppe, or my local indian stores, then it won't be purchased. I'll just have to get my product indulgence satisfaction through you ladies :grin:. I can't afford it anymore.

:lachen:

confessions-of-a-shopaolic1.jpg

3 flat irons...400+ degrees...I never thought of it :lachen:

I mean, I don't know about letting you stay but.....um......your products can stay with me...., I'll even pay for the plane fare.

I know.....I'm awesome

I love Justin Timberlake...(see saturday night live for reference)

The ONLY REASON why I won't let you ladies take in my products is because I don't want to see you head down the spiraling path that is PJ'ism. I'd like to thank you all for your generosity. But if I'm going down I'm taking the goods with me!

Back