I made the switch to lye without realizing it

I've been noticing that my hair was shedding excessively but could never pinpoint exactly why.Today as I went into the beauty supply store i checked out the creme of nature no base relaxer the hairstylist put in my hair the past two perms and saw that it was lye. Now i figure thats why my hair is falling out because Ive always used a no lye relaxer. What to do? Can I make the switch back to no lye? Anything that stops chemical shedding? <font color="blue"> </font>

pebbles

Hi Meinzzfuture,

First try a good protein conditioner to stop the breakage. Give Aphogee treatment for dry/damaged hair, or Nexxus Emergencee or Nexxus Keraphix a try. Remember to follow up any protein treatment with a good moisturizing conditioner for 15-30 minutes.
Once the breakage starts to slow down, you can switch back to a no-lye relaxer if you like. That shouldn't be a problem.

karezone

I really don't see why switching would make your hair fall. I have been switching back and forth and I have not had any noticable effects. In fact, I can point all of my damage at heat and bleach.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
It shouldn't be shedding from this
Lye is better for the hair. Nevertheless, do some good conditioning to stop whatever is causing the shedding.