I LOVE Porosity Control!

aileenadq

I touched my hair up this weekend (with SE Shea Butter Mild). My hair had been DRY City, and I wondered if relaxing would make it even worse.

Well, I relaxed, and then sat with the neutralising shampoo on my head for about ten minutes. Then rinsed and put in Roux Porosity control in for about twenty minutes. I rinsed and conditioned agian with Elucence, and man, my hair was like butter! Amazinly moist and not a burn, or even tingle!

That stuff is great. It's got a 4.5 ph and it really does what it says. This will be part of my touchup routine from now on.

I was wondering how often I can use the Porosity Control? I used it on my hair during my last relaxer but I haven't used it since. Any suggestions? I do an ACV at every wash so I wonder where I can fit in more use for my Porosity Control.

aileenadq said:
I'm going to use it every time my hair gets dry, actually. Can't see the harm in dooing so.

Co-signing aileenadq.

My hair was totally off balance for the past three days. I tried protein and moisturizing conditioners, but I still couldnt get the effect I wanted.

After reading through numerous posts, I decided to try this stuff and my hair is back on track.

I :love: this stuff!! I too will use it whenever my hair seems to be out of whack despite all the TLC I give it.

mmm- I'mnot sure about it myself. I actually did the same last thursday silk elements lye reg and put on before conditioning after neutralizing and my hair appered to lost a percentage of the silky straightness the relaxer achieved. I'm starting to think that my hair does NOT like the reconstructing process after the relaxer. I notice this happens everytime after I relax.
It haappened when I used Optimum lye as well with their reconstructor. What makes it so bad is that when rinsing the relaxer feels so straight and what fooled me is putting that stuff on and it makes the hair feel incredibly soft and when you rinse it's not as straight anymore and it reverts . I may have to actually pass on the porosity on ther relax state and use it on the next wash or something - that goes for all reconstructs for me i guess.

nomoweavesfome said:
mmm- I'mnot sure about it myself. I actually did the same last thursday silk elements lye reg and put on before conditioning after neutralizing and my hair appered to lost a percentage of the silky straightness the relaxer achieved. I'm starting to think that my hair does NOT like the reconstructing process after the relaxer. I notice this happens everytime after I relax.
It haappened when I used Optimum lye as well with their reconstructor. What makes it so bad is that when rinsing the relaxer feels so straight and what fooled me is putting that stuff on and it makes the hair feel incredibly soft and when you rinse it's not as straight anymore and it reverts . I may have to actually pass on the porosity on ther relax state and use it on the next wash or something - that goes for all reconstructs for me i guess.

I don't think my hair likes this step either. About 2 or 3 relaxers ago I did this and my hair didn't feel silky it felt kinda limp. I will def. be leaving this step out!

Does anyone have a picture of what porosity control looks like? I tried to ask the clerk about it CVS today and he didn't have a clue.

This is the Roux brand name:
20010243_lrg.jpg

This is the one by CON:
yhst-1280598563728_1839_66302279

They have the exact same ingredient list and both are made by Revlon.

Last edited:
I use my Porosity Control after every wash since some of the shampoos (and conditioners) I have are of a higher ph balance, this always keeps my hair in it's optimal ph range. :up:

marygrove013 said:
Has anyone used the porosity control by Wella...I think it's spelled Regenral?

Hey girl, I use Wella Regeneral. :wave:

I used it after my last 2 touch ups after rinsing out the relaxer and before neutralizing. It works great. :yep:

divinefavor said:
Does anyone have a picture of what porosity control looks like? I tried to ask the clerk about it CVS today and he didn't have a clue.

You'll have to buy it in a bss like sally's or any other regular bss, but not in cvs, walgreen's etc.

So correct me if I am wrong...but porosity control closes the cuticle of the hair thereby decreasing the hair's porosity keeping moisture in the strands???

Doesn't an ACV rinse do the same thing?

Which is better?

I am lazy and I want to keep doing the ACV rinse and not add another shampoo to my regimen. I did a strand test to see if my hair would float after 2 minutes it did not which I believe indicates that my hair is very porous.

I will wash my hair tonight do an ACV rinse and test again...hopefully it will float

yourleoqueen said:
This is the one by CON:
yhst-1280598563728_1839_66302279

They have the exact same ingredient list and both are made by Revlon.
Wow, I did not know that CON made a Porosity Control also! Which one costs less?

chica_canella said:
Can people with natural hair use this also?:D :confused:
Yes, I am natural. I color my hair and I use it before I color. I rinse my hair, put the PC in it for 30 secs - 1 minute and rinse. Then I do my color. I also use it right before I deep condition my hair.

Back