I know it's been asked before re: pregnancy but

Leshia

I know it\'s been asked before re: pregnancy but

Can you take hair vitamins when you're pregnant? Has anyone consulted a doctor about this? Not pregnant but considering having our third since we'll be in Korea for another year and I have no one to impress here!

Re: I know it\'s been asked before re: pregnancy but

It is advisable not to take evening primrose oil or Vitamin A supplements if you want to get pregnant/are pregnant or lactating.

You definitely need a consultation with your doctor to advise you further

There are certain things you can take and can't. I work in an ob/gyn office and I am currently pregnant myself, and I found a book one of our nurse mid-wives had in her office on supplements. I was curious about biotin and pregnancy and turns out that it is safe to take in any amount. If you are curious about anything in particular I would be happy to look something up for you. Unfortunately, I don't know what is in hair vitamins-guess it depends on the brand-but right now I'm just doing my prenatal vitamins and will be adding biotin real soon.

I agree with the posters above,

Consult your doctor. Make sure you get some folic acid before you get pregnant also.

Make sure you exercise...walk...during your prenancy. Never do anything high intensity during pregnacy, could zap Oxygen from baby.

hada

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
MissM said:
There are certain things you can take and can't. I work in an ob/gyn office and I am currently pregnant myself, and I found a book one of our nurse mid-wives had in her office on supplements. I was curious about biotin and pregnancy and turns out that it is safe to take in any amount. If you are curious about anything in particular I would be happy to look something up for you. Unfortunately, I don't know what is in hair vitamins-guess it depends on the brand-but right now I'm just doing my prenatal vitamins and will be adding biotin real soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for this, M. I will ask if I decide to go for it, as there are probably too many ingredients to look up. I just have these nightmares of the baby coming out like an ape! *laughing*

hada said:
I agree with the posters above,

Consult your doctor. Make sure you get some folic acid before you get pregnant also.

Make sure you exercise...walk...during your prenancy. Never do anything high intensity during pregnacy, could zap Oxygen from baby.

hada

[/ QUOTE ]

I will definitely have my doctor look at my vitamins before considering a third child. I appreciate the advice as I do feel it's important to exercise. I continue to run when I'm pregnant and it just makes things easier for me. Thanks again!

londongirl3 said:
It is advisable not to take evening primrose oil or Vitamin A supplements if you want to get pregnant/are pregnant or lactating.

You definitely need a consultation with your doctor to advise you further

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this seems to risky. I will definitely talk to my doctor before even considering it...Thank you!

When I was pregnant my hair grew like crazy just from taking the pre-natal vitamins! I don't think you need any other supplements. Check with your doc. I've read of women taking pre-natal vitamins not because they were pregnant but because they wanted to grow thicker and longer hair.

I have read that MSM is not good for pregnancy either. Something amount too much toxins being flushed out of your system that can have a negative effect on the fetus.

Re: I know it\'s been asked before re: pregnancy bu

sweetcocoa said:
When I was pregnant my hair grew like crazy just from taking the pre-natal vitamins!

[/ QUOTE ]

From my understanding, it's actually your hormones which contribute to the increase in growth. Not necessarily the pre-natal vitamins.

Re: I know it\'s been asked before re: pregnancy bu

&lt;&lt;its the hormones that contribute to growth...&gt;&gt;

Well actually its both. The extra nutrients that you receives from the Prenatal pills, coupled with the ranging hormones results in hair (and other) growth.

I personally would stick to the prenatals and iron pills (which was both perscribed by my doctor when I became pregnant) just to be safe. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Like it was mentioned previously, you will receive some good growth just from taking your prenates and taking care of yourself during this time, overall.

IMO,

-lee

sweetcocoa said:
When I was pregnant my hair grew like crazy just from taking the pre-natal vitamins! I don't think you need any other supplements. Check with your doc. I've read of women taking pre-natal vitamins not because they were pregnant but because they wanted to grow thicker and longer hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know what you mean about this but I've just started protein and my Maxi-Hair vitamins and I'm excited about how they'll be. IF I were to get pregnant I'd hope to not have to stop taking them but I guess I'll take them to the doctor and see what he says. By the by, Congrats!

My sugestion: Don't take hair vitamins during pregnancy. BUT take PRENATAL Vitamines....they will do wonders to your hair!!! I 'm still taking prenats, and my hair is growing so strong and fast. Comparing when i used to take the Hair vitamines...the results are better.

Back