I just purchased my weave!!!!

e.lauren

THis will be my first ever sew in. I purchased Kinky Curly from allaboutmyhair.com. I got the 12 inch for 103$.

I've read just about every weave tip forum on here and on bhm .
Does anyone here have any suggestions? Tips that won't hurt to be repeated?
Or any experience with this hair?

I will be taking and uploading pictures as soon as it gets here and again in this thread when it is installed : ]

I plan to leave out a small horsehoe in the front because I always, always have my hair parted a little to the side. I have 3c hair and i hear the hair blends well with 3c/4a hair. I just have to because with my stupid 3b patch in the front =\ lol.

But i am excited.

Oh, and my head is very small so I only purchased one pack. i plan to split and seal the wefts just in case.

cmbodley

Hopefully someone will chime in, but BHM is the place to be when it comes to weave info, just my opinion....

femmemuscle

i used to wear that hair, about a year ago. Please be aware of a few things about this hair. I know from experience, and a huge fan of BHM. They have been very helpful - and still are.

1) When you receive the hair there are 3 ways to cut down on excess shedding... this, i learned from several members who have been very helpful.

a) Call Sam.. he's a very popular weave-wefter on the board. the wefts are done very cheaply by the company. Thus, the hair will slip through the wefts. You won't notice the shedding until after usually the first wash. This can still be repaired by Sam. Look him up in the Weave Section. I and several members have posted his number and address quite a few times.

b) Use re-wefting glue before the install. i cannot emphasize this enough. This stuff sheds quite a bit.

c) have the weave installed w/o cutting the wefts, this will "cut down" on the shedding - but not entirely.

The worst thing about this hair is the shedding. It is a very high-maintenance hair, and needs to be spritzed with a diluted conditioner (HHE totally twisted is a favorite).

It was nice wearing it for a while, that was the last time i ever wore a weave.

Good luck, and enjoy

ZkittyKurls

i thought that with sam sealing or reinforcing the wefts, that you would lose some inches so ive heard bhm members say to always order longer lengths if you are going to get the wefts reinforced, but i have used this hair and tho it didnt blend as well with my transitioning 4a hair it was still good hair. i split and sealed the wefts so i didnt have too much shedding and keeping it moisturized for me was if i felt like defining curls, most times i would put it in a puff and comb it out so it was an afro puff. my cantu leave in conditioner was good for defining the curls.

ms.blue

I also wanted to try this hair but heard about the shedding was awful. Please post pics when u have the hair installed.

Tiye

Did you buy bulk or wefted?

Will you be self installing?

If you're going to split the wefts then you have to seal them. Otherwise with a quality weft you can often get away with not sealing it IF you don't split it. I tried the split weft technique on the theory that curly hair is bulkier anyway but I didn't like the overall result so I don't think I'll be doing that again but hope yours goes well. Enjoy the install.

femmemuscle

i thought that with sam sealing or reinforcing the wefts, that you would lose some inches so ive heard bhm members say to always order longer lengths if you are going to get the wefts reinforced, but i have used this hair and tho it didnt blend as well with my transitioning 4a hair it was still good hair. i split and sealed the wefts so i didnt have too much shedding and keeping it moisturized for me was if i felt like defining curls, most times i would put it in a puff and comb it out so it was an afro puff. my cantu leave in conditioner was good for defining the curls.

You will, lose about an inch. but it doesn't matter. It's very curly. what was kind of strange for me was, i ordered several lengths, but until i stretched them - they all looked the same.

The OP does have other options if she doesn't wish to send it to sam.

e.lauren

I bought wefted.
I was planning on asking the hair stylist if she would split and seal the weft lol. but now I'm thinking I just won't split them because it sounds really complicated and I have no idea have to do any of this. I have a small head so one pack should be fine depending on how long the wefts are.

What so you suggest I use for sealing the wefts?

bluwatersoul

I bought wefted.
I was planning on asking the hair stylist if she would split and seal the weft lol. but now I'm thinking I just won't split them because it sounds really complicated and I have no idea have to do any of this. I have a small head so one pack should be fine depending on how long the wefts are.

What so you suggest I use for sealing the wefts?

I love this hair! I get so many compliments on my "natural" hair wearing this, lol. I dont find it high maintenance but then again I have nothing to compare it with, as it is the only hair I have worn. I do split the wefts and seal them with Dritz fray check- you can get it from a sewing or crafts store. I seal the heck out of the wefts and I use 1 1/2 packs....I detangle with a denman brush or my fiingers after cowashing and either leave in some conditioner or put in Kinky curly and I am good to go. I am a 4a/b natural and havent had much trouble blending.

ZkittyKurls

ditto on the dritz!! but make sure it dries completely before washing it, becasue the dritz can leave a small amont of residue. so i just added some black dye powder to the dritz so it just went on black and no white residue was to be seen. i know the wefts werent going to be seen by anyone, but i just needed some reassurance. didnt really hurt to do an extra step.

femmemuscle

yep, walmart, target, or Michaels, or certain arts and crafts stores... regarding the glue for re-wefting. Please keep in mind - someone already posted, "this can be "big hair"..

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i can so relate!! I just ordered one pack of BoBraz, 12 in, 1b from leebeauty.com. I'm pretty excited about it.
I'm currently in the Janet Afro Kinky Curly, which is a lower range brand, and it sheds and tangles pretty bad, but honestly, it doesn't bother me all that much. I don't wear my kinky curly hair in a wash and go state like most ppl do because honestly, i know nothing about caring for type 3 hair and it confuses me.
i wash and blowdry it to a kinky blowout state once a week, and either flatiron or wear twistouts on the blown-out hair. Much easier for me, i like the look better, and it blends easier this way with my 4a/b hair. Just a sidenote.

e.lauren

Thank you ladies so much. I'm looking up more info about the Dritz now.

For the ladies who are also getting the hair or have had the hair, Do you have pics ^_^? lol

THanks for the "big hair" notice. That is good to know. I'm not at all used to big hair. My hair is fine and not very dense at all.

e.lauren

Hey guys, silly question. Splitting the wefts = thinner install?? fuller install??? More versatility?? I know it helps you stretch the amount of hair you can use so you don't have to buy more but how does it affect the LOOK of the install?
NOW TO THE FUN STUFF ...... PICTURES!!!!!!!!

this is the weft. I think I might have to split it because it looks short to me. I've never had a sew in so I don't know how much is enough. I have a really small head. Judging from the pictures in my siggy do you guys think I should split them? I'm scared to cut it too close and leave them, but i have no idea what im doing here lol.