i just can't figure it out

I am having breakage and hair fall at the same time. I do protein treatments and hair fall treatments. Eggs and black tea. I only have this prob when I am washing or applying condish. When my hair is wet. When my hair is dry I am so fine. I am ok. I used to wash my hair almost every day and now I only wash once a week because of this prob. I am now washing with garlic shampoo. Help?

DrC

Sorry Op :bighug:

If you mean washing ( shampooing) your hair everyday, that will dry your hair out and causes breakage.
Shampoo is the Devil for my hair so I only cleanse my hair and scalp with ACV, Shikakai bar, or astringent.
You may also need to increase your moisture balance. How may times do you do a protein treatment a month? The suggested requirement for treatments is 1-2 time a month.

PPGbubbles

Sounds like your hair may be brittle and lacking elasticity if its snapping when wet. I think you need to put less emphasis on protein and more on finding a moisture protein balance.

Also your hair may hate egg. My first experience with protein overload occured when I added egg to a mayo treatment. It was a total disaster!

Try a good moisutrizing condish

I solved my own prob! When I was adding condish to my hair it was braking and falling. When I was washing my hair it was fine. Then I added condish again and breakage and hair fall city. Then I went and washed again and litteraly no hair! I think my hair hates conditioner. I am going to do an experiment and wash my hair but use no conditioner after. Several times for a couple of weeks. I really think my hair hates condish. Any condish.

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
Most hair loves a good moisturizing or little protein conditioner. It may be the particular brand of conditioner you are using. IMO

*CherryPie*

I really doubt your hair hate conditioner. :look:

When your hair is weak and breaking, the conditioner just spotlights the breakage. It's just that the broken hairs get caught in the conditioner when you apply it to your hair, making you NOTICE it more.

I solved my own prob! When I was adding condish to my hair it was braking and falling. When I was washing my hair it was fine. Then I added condish again and breakage and hair fall city. Then I went and washed again and litteraly no hair! I think my hair hates conditioner. I am going to do an experiment and wash my hair but use no conditioner after. Several times for a couple of weeks. I really think my hair hates condish. Any condish.

I get alot of moisture from my hair washes. I add alot of castor oil to them and I don't have to conditioner after I wash. Never. I was only conditioning because I did a protein/black tea treatment. I still get LOTS of moisture. I really do think my hair and scalp hate any conditioner. The reason I think so is because, this past about 3 weeks I did like almost no conditioning and my was fine every time I washed. It felt good, moisturized and clean. I use castor oil alot and in my hair washes. No more condish for me. I can do without it.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
OP are you completely washing out your conditioners? I've noticed with some, not completely rinsing out the conditioner can lead to problems.

BraunSugar

I have heard of people eliminating conditioner from their regimens w/good results. If it stops the breakage and excessive shedding then you could be one of those special cases OP.

Shadiyah

I am having breakage and hair fall at the same time. I do protein treatments and hair fall treatments. Eggs and black tea. I only have this prob when I am washing or applying condish. When my hair is wet. When my hair is dry I am so fine. I am ok. I used to wash my hair almost every day and now I only wash once a week because of this prob. I am now washing with garlic shampoo. Help?

someone tell me if I am wrong but I see too much protien... i was having this problem and found out that my hair didn't like protien. you need more moisture.

Shadiyah

maybe not conditoner but the kind that you are using. maybe the one you are using has too my protien

*C00KIE*

What kind of conditioner you are using?

ETA. How are you applying the conditioner? Also, the regime in your siggy, is this the regime you were using, while you were experiencing shedding and breakage?

ETAA. What are the ingredients in this Dr. Bronners?

Oh, and the garlic shampoo is good for shedding, but with continue use can cause breakage and stiffness

Last edited:

Evolving78

OP, is your hair still loc'ed? if so, then where is this breakage coming from? you know less is more when it comes to locs. why are you doing all of these treatments? when my hair was loc'ed, i used a clear, natural,clarifying shampoo and Oyin's Juices and Berries spray. i would use coconut oil sometimes, but that was it. i rinsed my scalp daily too. i remember you being a freeform loc'er too.

the black tea should have stopped the excessive shedding, but i thought shedding was part of the loc'ing process? do you still get shed hair at the bottom of your locs? are your locs in the teenage, or mature stage?

if your hair is loc'ed, i would just stick to the washing and using castor oil. all of those other treatments seems like it would be too much for your locs and cause dryness.