I just bought Neosporin AF (miconazole nitrate)

cocoberry10

Hey Ladies:

I decided to join the Neosporin AF (miconazole nitrate) bandwagon :) :) !

I am curious if I should just apply to my edges or all over my scalp???

Also, should I mix it with something, and if so, what???

Thanks!

AKA-Tude

I'm not sure if there are any softening agents in the Neo, but if not, mix with a daily moisturizer.

I mix my MN w/ either glycerin or Jam. Black castor oil (just a bit), and some herb extracts, shake, then use a q-tip to apply to the scalp (all over). Then massage a bit and style.

I apply every other nite for about 4 weeks, as I approach retouch time.

After the retouch, I lay off for about 3-4 weeks.

cocoberry10

AKA-Tude said:
I'm not sure if there are any softening agents in the Neo, but if not, mix with a daily moisturizer.

I mix my MN w/ either glycerin or Jam. Black castor oil (just a bit), and some herb extracts, shake, then use a q-tip to apply to the scalp (all over). Then massage a bit and style.

Thanks for the info!

HoneyDew

AKA-Tude said:

Hey AKA. Do you think using it in a glycerin mixure would leave buildup with braids? I think I am going to go back to using it after Saturday when I get some braids. When my hair is down, I can't seem to balance the faster growth and keeping it styled the way I like.

AKA-Tude

The glycerine is too heavy for me- I didn't like it. But I had to use it up!

Now I use the JBCO, but just a couple of drops. It seems to be a bit lighter, but my hair isn't crazy about alot of oils anyway (I'm finding out).

If you can find something that is not so heavy for moisture; even a light leave-in would be better.

You don't want the weight of oils to make the extensions heavy & pull your own hair- defeats the purpose.