I Just Accidently Cut 6 Inches from My Hair!

BK Bombshell

Okay, I knew I was getting tired, taking out my hair. Just for one second I wasn't paying attention and then, as soon as I cut it, I knew I made a huge mistake. It's on the side, so it's not obvious, but I'm a little upset about this. Just wanted to share with people I know would understand. :ohwell:

trinidarkie1

I assme that you are taking out box braids/micros or something.
Is that all over the head or just on one side?

Damn!

BK Bombshell

Just on one side, and towards the back. It probably isn't as noticeable as it feels. I'm just going to wrap it up tonight and deal with it tomorrow. It'll grow back, but I'm just a bit upset b/c I've been working so hard at taking care of my hair.

Divine Inspiration

Awwww chica! :kiss: Hang in there...I realize that that must be frustrating, but you're right, it'll grow back. Just stick to your guns.

{DI}

L

lkg4healthyhair

sorry this happened. I know how you feel. I am transitioning and tried to give myself a trim and now I went from collar bone hair to 3 inches almost. I still dont know how it happened.:mad:

LizLeila

lkg4healthyhair said:
sorry this happened. I know how you feel. I am transitioning and tried to give myself a trim and now I went from collar bone hair to 3 inches almost. I still dont know how it happened.:mad:

YIKES!!!:eek:

Are you saying that your hair is now only 3 inches? Wha da hell?

Candy_C

BK Bombshell said:
Okay, I knew I was getting tired, taking out my hair. Just for one second I wasn't paying attention and then, as soon as I cut it, I knew I made a huge mistake. It's on the side, so it's not obvious, but I'm a little upset about this. Just wanted to share with people I know would understand. :ohwell:

oh no, 6 inches is ALOT! r u sureeee?

not trying to be a realist of nothing, but MAYBE it was meant to be. i dont think 6 inches would've been cut for no reason. maybe its for the best? i duno what to say but it all happens for a reason!

Suri

I'm sorry i stared laughing hysterically at the thread.

ur gonna be fine. I agree with Candy, maybe it was meant to be or that is how you should look at. U'll be fine. Ur better off than someone who doesn't know about LHCF that just cut 6 inches. even it out and walk proud :D

BK Bombshell

Suri said:
I'm sorry i stared laughing hysterically at the thread.

ur gonna be fine. I agree with Candy, maybe it was meant to be or that is how you should look at. U'll be fine. Ur better off than someone who doesn't know about LHCF that just cut 6 inches. even it out and walk proud :D

Thanks guys for all your support. I'm over it now and Suri, I had a good laugh too after I calmed down. It's not as noticeable as I thought so I'll just leave it alone. Eventually my hair will even out.

dcstarr

And to think I was over here tripping...

I just cut about an inch off trying to take these twists out, and didnt know my hair had grown so long and underestimated how far down to cut...

But 6 inches :eek:

Thank goodness its not all over.. YOu'll be aight tho.

Faith

BK Bombshell said:
{{{{}}} I have done it before while taking out braids. Actually I think I have done it 2x. No wait...3x..once while trimming I accidentally chopped too much (mirror image confused me..lolol). If it blends then blend it in and try and forget about it. Give it a few months and you may not even remember where you messed up.. ;)

Hmmm, does it count that I also fried a section off so badly that when I took the curling iron away my hair was wrapped around it? LOL! It'll be ok. It's funny I used to laugh at my mistakes then...I got too serious now..lol. {{}}

Last edited: