I have been a mixing fool today....

UmSumayyah

First I whipped up a batch of pretreatment, based on an Indian recipe I found on the net: castor oil, almond oil, coconut oil, methi powder--I added cinnamon and honey.
Then I decided to make my own leave-in. I used about a 1/2 cup of coconut oil, 1 tbsp each of almond, castor, and olive oils, 1 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Healing Shine serum.
I already have schemes to make a deep conditioner based on the oils in the NTM, and to try lots of new pretreatments.
FromNatureWithLove.com, here I come!

kitchen_tician

u r 2 funny!!!
well, i'm on my way to becoming a mixing fool also. i was just thinking how i can't wait for the weekend to start so i can have time to get my special concoctions mixed.
that's pretty sad huh? i bought some small spray bottles from walmart, some oils from the health food store and another bottle of my favorite oil that's already mixed (7 wonders miracle oil). oh, yeah and some small dixie cups for mixing. well, it looks like i'm ready. gosh, i wish it was friday.

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
friday's only 7 hours and 15 minutes away!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I like mixing up stuff too. Have fun, UmSumayyah!

UmSumayyah

Okay.

It was a real success. First I used my castor oil/coconut oil/honey pretreatment with a heat cap for 1/2 hour. Then I shampooed with an Indian bar soap for hair. I followed up with the NTM daily conditioner--even more softness and slip.
After rinsing, I was tempted to spray my Pantene before using my oil mix, but I really wanted to test it alone so I resisted the urge. The mix had been shaken and refrigerated so it would solidify. It was solid but still kind of creamy. I applied it to my damp hair and put it up. Everything sunk in beautifully and today I have soft, touchable hair without a trace of greasy feeling. Not sticky either, which was a concern since I used a little honey.
It's a keeper!

UmSumayyah

Just ordered some stuff from FNWL.com. Some of it is oils and butters to use on my skin, some for my hair. I can't wait till it gets here!

UmSumayyah

Can\'t wait to mix some more...

Just ordered some stuff from FNWL.com. Some of it is oils and butters to use on my skin, some for my hair. I can't wait till it gets here!