i have a question about the baggie method

naturallyme

im thinking about doing the baggie method and wearing a phony pony with it and i would like to know how often do you suppose to moisturize your hair when wearing the baggie. i plan on wearing the baggie 24/7. do you suppose to moisturize every day or when after you had wash your hair then moisturize it then put the baggie on then leave it on without taking it off until your next wash i really don't know when to do it can someone please tell me. i plan on moisturizering with profectiv healthy ends and elasta qp recovery oil moisturizer. thanks for responding!!

I moisterize daily because my hair is extremely thick, but I also use the full plastic cap over all my hair as my "baggie" when I'm not using the phonypony tail.

I moisture as needed so as not to build up. I just check it each morning and evening. my hair that is exposed gets treated more often though.

I co-wash and moisturize daily. I put Elastra QP Mango butter on my ends before I baggie up. I also put some along on my edges it's good for laying them down and also bringing out the wave pattern.

I have been doing this everyday since early March '05 and I haven't had any breakage.

I smooth my edges down daily with moisturizer and check the hair in the baggie daily and moisturize if needed. I also spray jojoba oil directly on the hair where the pony tail holder is, to eliminate breakage.

I've been using mango butter on the ends and also spray it with water before baggie-ing. I plan to do this for a good month (or until I get tired of the style)

I usually baggie only at night. I usually spray some moisturizer or scurl on the ends, seal it with oil or grease, put a roller on the ends, place the baggie on and secure it with a satin scrunchie. I usually wear my ponytail out during the day if it is not in a phoney pony. When it is in a phony I wear the baggie all day.

Back