I hate to admit it......

soslychic

.....but I was wrong.

About what you ask? Well...I thought that Creme of Nature Shampoo was the best thing ever. I used it faithfully, tangles fell out of my hair, and my hair felt so silky while I was washing, I couldn't stand it. I ignored warnings that it caused buildup. NOthing that felt that good could possibly be bad right? Wrong
smile.gif
Suddenly some of my conditioners weren't working as well as they used to. My hair just always felt stringy and dry. No matter how much conditioning and moisturizing I did. Then I read that shampoos containing balsam should be avoided because they feel good while you're using it true, but they 'cause a heavy build up and make your hair drier with time. Hmm....why does that seem how my hair was acting right then? Well a few days later, I was about to wash my hair and I was scanning the list of my beloved CON and alas! Balsam right there! I decided to clarify instead and this time, I did NOT follow up with CON. I remembered the suggesion of clarifying before using Garnier but I had decided that I had already done that. However, I remembered that after I clarified, I always followed up with my "moisturizing" shampoo CON. So I skipped that step and just said, what the heck, I'll give Garnier 1 last try. Wow! Slip! Slip! and more Slip! I was
shocked.gif
. I couldn't believe that I'd been ignoring this the whole time and that my beloved CON was the entire problem. I thank all of the people that have enlightened me to this. It's been a real eye opener. I apologize for this long boring story, but I just want to warn others about CON. It seems wonderful at first, but beware of continued use in the future........Peace out
wink.gif

I've learned this too about CON. It's okay for occassional use, but definitely not for regular use
nono.gif

I know I know I know, I need to stop ignoring this truth. So what is the next best thing? What would be a great replacement that does what CON did but is actually good for us, something that can be used regularly?

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:
I know I know I know, I need to stop ignoring this truth. So what is the next best thing? What would be a great replacement that does what CON did but is actually good for us, something that can be used regularly?

[/ QUOTE ]

My question exactly. I'm on the search.....
look.gif

I am absolutely in love with Nexxus Therappe.Nothing detangles like CON but Nexxus Therappe is still great anyway.I don't get tangles that much anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey !
Give Motions Lavish Conditioning shampoo a try. I like it. It doesn't strip your hair but yet your hair feels clean afterwards. A few members on the board use it, Peachtree is one of them
smile.gif
. I bought the small bottle and its almost finsh, I will buy the bigger bottle soon.

Here are the first few ingredients:

Motions Lavish Conditioning Shampoo--
WATER, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, PPG-5-CETETH-10 PHOSPHATE, COCOAMPHODIPROPIONATE, PEG-30 GLYCERYL COCOATE, HYDROLYZED KERATIN, HYDROLYZED SILK PROTEIN, LAURYL POLYGLUCOSE, COCOTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE,

I love Jason's jojoba shampoo, it contains no SLS/ALS, but it has good moisturising ingredients without causing build up. My hair is so soft after using this, I can't wait to try the sea kelp shampoo.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
Here are the first few ingredients:

Motions Lavish Conditioning Shampoo--
WATER, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, PPG-5-CETETH-10 PHOSPHATE, COCOAMPHODIPROPIONATE, PEG-30 GLYCERYL COCOATE, HYDROLYZED KERATIN, HYDROLYZED SILK PROTEIN, LAURYL POLYGLUCOSE, COCOTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE,

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks sassygirl.

[ QUOTE ]
PrettyBrownEyes said:
How about Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo? I love this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXCELLENT!! i love this and it does the same thing as the CoN but w/o the slimy feeling
smile.gif

ELasta QP cream conditioning shampoo and Elasta QP shampoo for relaxed hair got good reviews here. Does anyone know the ingredients? Man this is gonna be tough finding a replacement for CON!!!

The Keracare Hydrating Detangling is good if you want that CON effect. Also, so is Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo.

One of my favorites is the Elucence MB too, but it does rinse cleaner than CON.

anyone know the ingredients for keracare hydrating shampoo??i tried the search option and only the conditioner came up.

Breaking News Story: Cream of Nature profit margins take massive hit as LHCF PJitis becomes full blown.

When we find the new Holy Grail, they're not going to know what hit them. But maybe that's the wake up call they need to improve their formula - because I want to have my cake and eat it too.

Sos, you may like Optimum's Super Protecting Shampoo. Very moisturizing, without the nasty, grimy effects.
barf.gif
I gave up on CON earlier this year.
nono.gif

OH No..........I just bought 2 8 oz bottles of CON a few weeks ago. Oh well.....they were on sale. So I can still use it right, just not very often??? I'm going to have to find a new one as well!!! I think I'm going to try the Elasta QP I keep hearing good things about!

I actually found a whole 32oz. bottle in my mom's closet, and I was so happy when I found it. I've been okay using it as my second shampoo, but if you guys say Keracare is better. . .

I read somewhere that Balsam was not good for African American hair. Maybe that's why CON never really worked well for me. My hair always felt dry and rough after I rinsed it out. Never thought to read the ingredients.

i use the con first sometimes when i have alot of newgrowth for the tangles then i use a cleansing shampoo. i put on the cleansing shampoo gently as to not disturb my hair so the detangling effects aren't botched. i think this cleans the hair of the slimy effect and its still detangled.
hth

I currently use isoplus conditioning shampoo as my main shampoo. It only about 3 bucks at my local bss. Its detangles, moisturizes, and conditions really well.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
I agree hairlove. I've found that I can't use my beloved R&N as my usual conditioner.

[/ QUOTE ]
???
confused.gif
it has the balsam in it too? what's wrong with it?
frown.gif

That is why I alternate with what I call my semi clarifying shampoo. I use some Johnson and Johnson shampoo every 3 shampoos to remove some of the build up without completely making my hair crispy.

Back