I got rid of the itchies!!!!!

Amarech

OK I have been battling this thing for years. In addition to having a section of hair that seems to be extremely fragile, it also itches like crazy!!

I have tried for years to fix this problem. It would get really bad close to perming time too because, you know, you're not supposed to scratch your head. Well I wanted to go at this thing with nails, pins, pencil points, you name it!!! It itched sooo bad!

I tried dandruff shampoos, itch relieving shampoos, and other treatments. Last year I thought I had a break through when I discovered rinsing. But soon that went down the drain too. I'd rinse and rinse all the conditioner out until my hair squeaked. But soon the itchies started up again and they were worse on the weak area.

But I believe I have found the cause of my problems. Conditioner. That or my scalp is sensitive to it. I don't know what gave me the idea to do this but I started washing just that area every day with shampoo, rinsing well (what I usually do) and putting NO product on that area. I put conditioner on the hair (try not to use soo much that it gets on the scalp) around that area because I need to detangle.

Since I started doing this I have been itch free for one week now and that's the longest I've ever been. I can't remember when my scalp felt so good. I haven't scratched and it feels like it's healing. I think the conditioner was irritating that area of my scalp or maybe I was putting too much on ( I tend to be heavy handed when it comes to product) Either way, my head is doing much better now.:)

InnerSoul

I am so glad that u found a solution to your itchies!!

I can testify as well that when there is product buildup on my scalp it goes into the itchy fits too! and I don't like it not one bit:lol:

My solution is I wash my scalp and hair twice a week to combat it. But it never fails when products get onto my scalp... u can bet the itchies start up again. My scalp likes to be free from anything on it, but sometimes that just ain't going to happen so my scalp stops fighting with me at times and decides to cease the itch on its own.. or atleast until my next shampoo:)

Misseyl

I'm glad you found a solution to your problem:) .. I remember about 4 years ago I had some itches and not to hell would it go away:mad: . Dandruff shampoos didn't work and what finally helped was a bit Sulfur 8 on the scalp and that cleared things up. Also, not for nothing, but I notice anytime I go to beauticians I start getting scalp issues. I believe it’s because they don't clean their combs/brushes before they use it in my hair. Since I've been doing my own hair, no scalp issues... Boy this just gives me one more reason for them never to touch my hair again...

Amarech

My scalp likes to be free from anything on it,

Yeah mine too, but just THAT area. Its so weird. Just that one area gives me issues!!! But I give it lots of TLC. I don't know if it has anything to do with my accident when I was two years old. That is the area that I had to get stiches in (I busted my head open jumping on the bed!:eek: )

Week 3 and still goin strong with no itchies!!!! my scalp is saying Ahhhhhhh!

asubeauty

Thanks!! I get itchies, too, and I'm very heavy handed with conditioner. I'm going to try this on my next wash and see if it helps me.