I Got my hair did /my stylist/MTG....lol

Blaque*Angel

I used this outre hair but in burgundy and black and the results are off the chain!!!! Lol
but my new growth....
woooo, my Rudy days will be back soon :lol:
(except for a few very VERY long wirey texture hair that MTG or MSM gave me!)
Thanks to the lord, LHCF, MTG and my regime my hair is thriving and looks like it's thanking me for my time, effort and money!
...But my hair dresser "friend" says
"well...everyone knows the only real way to grow black hair is through braids!!(she currently is in braids too!" i reply
"BRAIDS ARE effective but not the real way/only way to grow our hair!"
She then insults me by saying
"Well, i'm proud of myself because i know i made your hair grow, my mom says i've got magic hands, my brothers hair is up to his back now because i take care of it!"
i simply replied "well, whats up with your hair?!" her face went red:lachen: (she's very light skinned black)
She then says braid it wash it each week and it grows an inch extra a month i don't need no help from hair care chat rooms!
I reply "oh ok" I cannot be bothered explaining to stupid ignorant people, She got quite after and when she was loosing up my old braids she was cutting way... too far up (like she wanted to chop off my hair!") i asked her to not use the scissors, She got all huffed and puffed up.
WHY WHY WHY? do girls have to be this way towards others?
i've gave her so many hair tips that i got off LHCF but she wants to argue and debate!
her skin was doing bad so i told her to wash with olive oil now her skin is glowing after 4weeks, she never thanked me just said "well my mom says she washes with olive oil if i asked her for advice she would've told me the same thing you did!"
and i know that moms ashy face is not using olive oil... lol :lachen: (i'm rude!?)
afterwards, she says
"the thing you have in your hair (MTG)is too strong, stop using it, its burning my eyes!"
i nodded my head!
When she was leaving, she over charged me because of "new growth", sprayed all my victoria secrets(because we dont get it in england but i have a lot of bottles,creams,sprays that gets sent down from my family in the states) and then has the nerve to ask me what the oil is i had in my hair!
i said "you said it was too strong!" (i couldnt be bothered having a horses' product is bad for your hair lecture!")
she replies (lies?)" the thing my mom uses in her hair smells like this, is it sulphur 8?"
I nodded once again........She calls me hair obsessed...:eek:
Thats it, my mouth is sealed about hair talk except for LHCF of course!
All i've ever tried to do is advise people!!!!!

XXXtacy

WTG!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Congrats on your growth.

MTG and Hair Stylist dont mix. My hair stylist has asked me to stop using it as well.

I have a weave and she says it makes my weave oily and stinky. I haven't seen any hair growth as of yet. Not quite a month since using it.

I am not stopping. Until this weave is over, I will be MTGing. :)

Vitality

This stylist sounds like she has issues, and I would be afraid to let her touch my hair again. Congrats on your progress!!!

KathyMay

and this is the reason why I don't go to a stylist anymore. They will mess you up big time. Anyways way to go ont he new grownth and using MTG.

LaNecia

Congrats on the growth progress! I'd think twice about going back to dat der 'stylist'... :scratchch

*Frisky*

I am a little nervous about my hairdresser too...my hair has grown alot since I started going to her and she makes frequent comments about it. I get extra nervous when she pulls out the scissors!!! But she always shows me that she is just cutting the very ends which is pretty must dusting. She is into church and I hope she wouldn't be evil and vendictive to do something to my hair...maybe I am just paranoid.:confused:

MonaRae

I am a MTG girl and I will not give it up!
Keep up the good work.

I have a questions, I promise I will not give you any lip hahaha
How do you wash your face with Olive Oil?

MonaRae

beyondcute

Yes please do tell... What does olive oil do for your face? Is there any specific type? My skin breaks out really easily... Will it be okay to use it still?

XXXtacy

beyondcute said:
Yes please do tell... What does olive oil do for your face? Is there any specific type? My skin breaks out really easily... Will it be okay to use it still?

Yes Do tell!!

UmSumayyah

there is info on this on the skincare forum. If a search doesn't turn it up you may try pm'ing Allandra, as I recall she is one of the people that uses this method.

SweetCaramel1

what a hater! people like that know it all. instead of complimenting you and getting advice. she argues and downplays your progress :lol:

congrats! keep it up!

Blaque*Angel

Thanks for the response ladies. CandyCane has a lovely olive oil regime, please do a search on the forums but I use my regular black soap, witch then tone it with witch hazel then wash again with olive oil. my face feels smooth all day, is very smooth and has a lovely glow.:grin:
HTH
Yes, i need my original hair-dresser back!:lachen:
Getting rid of this hater!

planodiva

My stylist loves the tid bits I gather from the site. Somedays she is like "Girl you know more hair care than I do" That makes me proud. Your stylist is a hater--but not you can't please all the people all the time

Iluvsmuhgrass

WTG!!!! A great way to cover the scent of MTG without having to mix (if you don't have alot of time or don't know what you're doing... like me :p ) is by using Taliah Waalid Black Earth Products "African Healing Oyl". Smells good and definitely defunks MTG. ;)

yokourt

Most hair stylists and LHCF info don't get along. But I like when they hate, that's when you know you are doing something right!