I got Duped on Ebay

KhandiB

I thought I was gettin a CHI :lol: got in on the last one minute of the auction and got it for 10 bucks, then realized that I just got got :lol:

Doesnt Ebay have rules against this?? If not, does anyone have this iron :lol:

FLAT IRON PIC

growingbrown

Some ebay sellers accepts returns within a certain amount of days. You may want to check with the seller to see. Sorry this happen to you:perplexed

Sistaslick

cute flatiron! Well at least you got the real Farouk Chi spray-- if thats any consolation:lol:

Now khandi . . . you knew you weren't getting a real CHI for no $10 :lol: You can barely get a Conair for that these days:lol:

See if she takes returns within that brief window many have.

Kimberly

Yeah, sweetie....I think you should have known better than to think you were getting a CHI for $10. You can try to turn around and sell it on eBay. The only thing is, if you are not familiar with this brand, make, model, history and it's a piece of junk, you may end up with a neg anyway.

Give it to a homeless shelter or shelter for women, keep your receipts from the purchase and the donation, and write it off on your taxes.:)

ETA: and keep the CHI silk infusion for when you do get a good flat iron. I think that's some good stuff.

FlawedBeauty

i dont understand how you got duped...it said in the auction

"Farouk CHI Silk Infusion + Elite Ceramic Hair Iron"

Read it too fast perhaps?

MzOptimistic

KhandiB said:
I didnt pay for it yet... Im worried about my feedback rating :lol:

They tricked you with the Chi infusion being placed in front of the iron to make you think that you was getting a Chi iron also...but you are only out of $10 bucks it could be worst...I am a regular shopper on ebay and once there was some baby phat jeans with diamonds studs on them and I just had to have them so I bid like $100 bucks for them cuz I hate losing.lol...but when I took my daughter to carson's I saw the same jeans there for $69 sooo of course I purchased them at carson's...in doing this she gave me a negative feedback but all my other feedbacks ate hers up...everyone else rated me as fast payer, excellent customer will do business with her again, etc...but you are only out of $10 bucks could be more $and you just may like the iron..it's really cute....and yes I still shop on ebay...I love that place..:)

*editing to add yah you maybe read it too fast...I do that to sometimes*

Last edited:

Chinagem

KhandiB said:
I thought I was gettin a CHI :lol: got in on the last one minute of the auction and got it for 10 bucks, then realized that I just got got :lol:

FLAT IRON PIC

If you dont' want it and all else fails, blame it on your kid. :look:

Mizani_Mrs

Yea gurl you read it entirely too fast! :look: But shoot, if i don't want what i bid on, then i dont pay for it. most of the time they'll leave negative feedback, but oh well. All u gotta do is respond with negative feedback as well...say something like they never sent the invoice or something. The most of the times, they'll retract the neg feedback. If u are a good ebayer than your positive feedback will outweigh the bad.

amina kamal

Can you do a bid retraction? Maybe you can contact Ebay and explain your situation and they can arbitrate with the seller. I wouldn't pay for it if I didnt want it.

*Frisky*

This happened to another member too...you definately have to read everything real close. I had to read it a couple of times myself before I figured it out..

HoneyDew

It may still be good though. It just doesn't have the name on it. If you do some searches on flatirons you will see that many of them are made and exported from china and other asian countries. I have always thought that the popular flat-irons are just pumped out by the same manufacturers but then they slap a name brand and a big price tag on it.

I felt that way even more after I bought a 1/2 inch Solia recently. It is made so much like my FHI. Either they are copy cats of each other or they are just getting them custom made from the same places.

I would pay for if I were you. You may have stumbled on a good deal. look at the sellers rating to see how other people commented on the iron.

heck, I might get me one. :)

KhandiB

I was trigger happy I can admit it :lol:
There was one minute left in the auction and I saw Chi :lol:
Believe me , Ive gotten some fantastic deals by catching auctions at the last minute :lol:

10 bucks for the flat iron 15 for shipping...
They only have 6 negative comments and they were all about how misleading the title was.. Ill prob get it and resell it :lol:

Title is still deceptive :lol:

HoneyDew

I looked at the reviews. Someone said that the seller agreed refund. You may be able to work something out..

HoneyDew

One thing that I don't like about it is that it does not seem to have a variable heat dial and the seller does not list the temp that it goes to.

KhandiB

HoneyDew said:
One thing that I don't like about it is that it does not seem to have a variable heat dial and the seller does not list the temp that it goes to.

I sent an email to them and asked them if it had a heat control and they havent answered it yet...

crlsweetie912 said:
Khandi, didn't you see my thread about this months ago? The same thing happened to me.

No, If I would have seen it , I wouldnt have bid on it ...
I havent put my payment through yet though...

MzOptimistic

Mizani_Mrs said:
Yea gurl you read it entirely too fast! :look: But shoot, if i don't want what i bid on, then i dont pay for it. most of the time they'll leave negative feedback, but oh well. All u gotta do is respond with negative feedback as well...say something like they never sent the invoice or something. The most of the times, they'll retract the neg feedback. If u are a good ebayer than your positive feedback will outweigh the bad.[/quote]

Exactly, my point but in this case it's only $15 bucks which isn't bad but mine was real bad and I learned that sometimes it's okay to let things go other opportunites will come...but I wanted them jeans so badddd..

luvlonghair

KhandiB said:

FLAT IRON PIC

Girl the same thing happened to me.:lachen: At least you only have to pay $10. Mine was $40:eek: . Girl just pay for it. You can surely inform the seller that you made a mistake and maybe they'll excuse it. They can get more from another buyer who isn't paying attention.:lol:

But try, you may like it. I won one of those digital ceramic thingy's. It's not as good as my chi, but it works real good.

KhandiB

Well I just spoke to a couple of people who bought it and they said it only gets up to 200 degrees .. I have no positive feedback and this is gonna make it hard for me to buy other stuff :lol:

Oh Well, I dont like wasting money :lol:

HoneyDew

KhandiB said:
Well I just spoke to a couple of people who bought it and they said it only gets up to 200 degrees .. I have no positive feedback and this is gonna make it hard for me to buy other stuff :lol:

Oh Well, I dont like wasting money :lol:

200 degrees! Girl, my hair would crack up laughing at that. :lol:

Well, there are many better opportunities on ebay, girl. Don't let that one get in the way. :)

KhandiB

Girl Mine too :lol:

That wouldnt do nothing to my hair :lol:

Oh well hopefully this wont make it impossible for me to purchase anything else on ebay :lol:

HoneyDew said:
200 degrees! Girl, my hair would crack up laughing at that. :lol:

Well, there are many better opportunities on ebay, girl. Don't let that one get in the way. :)

Chinagem

KhandiB said:
Girl Mine too :lol:

That wouldnt do nothing to my hair :lol:

Oh well hopefully this wont make it impossible for me to purchase anything else on ebay :lol:

It prob won't make it hard for you to purchase anything else. Just contact the seller before you decide to auction and explain the situation. I'm sure they won't have any issues with your bidding on their item.

paradiseblossom

I got duped too 3 weeks ago... I was scared for my feed back so I paid it...--22$... But at least it goes up to 410 degrees but it's really not water repelent! I'm going to get myself a FHI this week.

HoneyDew

paradiseblossom said:
I got duped too 3 weeks ago... I was scared for my feed back so I paid it...--22$... But at least it goes up to 410 degrees but it's really not water repelent! I'm going to get myself a FHI this week.

I love my FHI. They have the new FHI Technique and Runway models that are too expensive. The older model - 207rvi is really good and you can get it for about $80 free shipping.