I found a "new" (old) shampoo and conditioner that is working wonders on my hair...

SmartyPants

OK... I was looking for an alternative to KeraCare because it cost me $46 to have the Humecto tub sent to me and I was getting cheesed off every time I went into Sally's, saw it sitting on the shelf, and thinking about the $10 it cost to have it shipped to me just because I don't have a license.

Anywho... I noticed that Motions now has a 5 lb. tub of Moisture Plus After-Shampoo Conditioner. So, I picked it up and started reading the ingredients and it has a lot of the same stuff as the Humecto. I bought a sample size of that and the Lavish Conditioning Shampoo. I clarified my hair on Saturday and used it then I used it again when I washed my hair yesterday.

Your mileage may vary, but this stuff worked wonders on my hair the way KeraCare and Nexxus products never did. And, the best part is that the 5 lb. tub of motions is only $21 and I don't have to pay shipping charges!

Last edited:

naturalgurl

Re: I found a "new" (old) shampoo and conditioner that is working wonders on my hair.

WOO HOO! It always feels good to find a subsitute that's cheaper and works better! Enjoy girl, if it's working for you, that's all that matters!:grin:

Barbara

Princess
Re: I found a "new" (old) shampoo and conditioner that is working wonders on my hair.

Yes, it's my secondary conditioner. My stylist recommended it to me. I add oil(s) and/or butters to it--lots of stuff I'm trying to get rid of. :lick: It works very good for the price. I have the 80 ounce tub for $19.50.

Last edited:

Barbara

Princess

OK... I was looking for an alternative to KeraCare because it cost me $46 to have the Humecto tub sent to me and I was getting cheesed off every time I went into Sally's, saw it sitting on the shelf, and thinking about the $10 it cost to have it shipped to me just because I don't have a license.

Anywho... I noticed that Motions now has a 5 lb. tub of Moisture Plus After-Shampoo Conditioner. So, I picked it up and started reading the ingredients and it has a lot of the same stuff as the Humecto. I bought a sample size of that and the Lavish Conditioning Shampoo. I clarified my hair on Saturday and used it then I used it again when I washed my hair yesterday.

Your mileage may vary, but this stuff worked wonders on my hair the way KeraCare and Nexxus products never did. And, the best part is that the 5 lb. tub of motions is only $21 and I don't have to pay shipping charges
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's good that you found a nice substitute. My primary conditioner cost $69 plus shipping (without the 10% discount), but it's fabulous!!! I rotate it with my Motions Moisture Plus.

Last edited:

SimpleKomplexity

I'm glad you found a cheapaer substitute! I got that GVP Conditioning Balm and I LOVE IT. I still have half a tub of Keracare left hough......lol

SmartyPants

I'm glad you found a cheaper substitute! I got that GVP Conditioning Balm and I LOVE IT. I still have half a tub of Keracare left hough......lol

Yeah... I'm mad at myself because I had said that I was going to try Motions when my first tub of KeraCare ran out. Then I went and bought a new tub anyway. So, I have a a whole tub full of KeraCare to use up before I can use Motions exclusively. I am thinking about using Motions for my Saturday wash and KeraCare for my two weekly washes until I am done with the KeraCare. Sunday is really the only day I care about what my hair looks like.

gorgeoushair

I'm glad you found a cheapaer substitute! I got that GVP Conditioning Balm and I LOVE IT. I still have half a tub of Keracare left hough......lol

Does the GVP Conditioning Balm compare to Keracare?