i finally have hair pics

obsessed

<font color="red">i finally have an album! here's the link: http://photos.yahoo.com/obsessed_2004

this is basically my cut off length. i can't seem to grow my hair longer than this. any suggestions?

My Regimen:
wash/set w/ garlic treatment at dominican salon - 1X week
Creme of Nature Conditioner wash followed by a twist out - 1X week
Deep Condition at home with LUST
Mizani Rose H20 for ends - daily (morning)
ORS Olive Oil Creme for ends- daily (night)
Infusium Leave In Treatment daily only after twist outs
I get a trim every 6 months
I relax with Affirm mild every 2 months
*btw i dont wear protective styles*

and that's about it! i havent really had any success with vitamins because i am very inconsistent. i have GNC hair, skin, and nails. i also have their biotin (600mcg). i will be purchasing freeda biotin soon.

i am trying to grow my hair past this length to bra strap and i havent had any luck.

thanks so much ladies for your time and happy growing!
</font>

happylocks

I have not develop a regime yet, but ur hair looks really healthy and in great condition, Do u know ur growth rate per year or month, or notice any breakage? from the photos ur hair does not look damage at all, if u dont already try sleeping with a satin scarf, and/or pillow, find the reason y if u can thanks for sharing

obsessed

thanks everyone for your compliments.

to happylocks: i would say that my growth rate per month is pretty slow. it would be about 1/4 of an inch per month. i dont have any substantial breakage when i comb my hair it's say about 2 strands come out. i wrap my hair every night and i sleep with a satin scarf. i'm just as clueless as you are as to why i dont gain substantial amounts of growth.

G

How much hair are you getting trimmed when you get it trimmed? Also, are you heat styling? My first suggestion would be to increase how often you wash your hair to atleast 2x per week, but that would just help with growth. For some reason, though, you aren't retaining growth
Do you cover your hair at night? If so with what? Well, after you answer those questions maybe we'll have more suggestions for you

ngaa

lovin the hair obsessed, with hair like that, i'd be obsessed!! also love the smiley face on yo second pic!! lol

shinyblackhair

[ QUOTE ]
obsessed said:
does anyone have any suggestions for me to break away from this length?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try extending your relaxers from every 2 mos. to every 3 months. If you can go even longer than that would be great too. Also, you don't always have to trim with every relaxer, you won't retain any length by doing that.

Hope that helps.

obsessed

caramela: i have no idea how much is being trimmed when i get it trimmed because i leave it up to my hairstylist to even out my ends and rid them of the split ones. yes, i am very guilty of heat styling.
it's my best friend. when i get a wash and set done at the salon i usually follow up with blowing my roots or my entire head of hair. i also cover my hair every night with a satin scarf. it must be the heat and trims from what i'm guessing but i only trim every 6 months. my hair just doesnt grow as fast as everyone else.

shinyblackhair: i would definitely like to extend my relaxers longer but i get a lot of breakage from where my new growth and relaxed hair meet after long periods of time. thus that would explain some of my broken pieces in the front. it's about long enough for a bang.

i just want to say thanks to everyone for your suggestions and compliments. i will definitely take everything into consideration for taking care of my hair.