I don't know why.........

queenofmean68

I don\'t know why.........

I keep looking at everyone's progress pics. All it does is upsets me because I haven't retained any growth in the past 8 months since I've been monitoring my progress.

Re: I don\'t know why.........

Have you been taking pics?I thought I wasn't progressing ( I don't take pics) and my mom and sister were stunned by how much growth I had.They had not seen me in 4 months.

I thought that I wasn't progressing until the pics/hair albums seemed to triple! My shrinkage was major and I thought that that was a bad, no progress thing, but it was and is just the nature of my hair.

Anyway, seeing the pics has inspired me to record pictures EVERY FEW MONTHS, not too regularly. I will monitor before braids, after braids, wet, flat-ironed, and in different hairstyles. I won't watch too close, but I won't let it spand too far apart.

Definitely start taking pictures.

remember when i told u that i took a whole bunch of pics and none of them came out? i was very frustrated darling. and for a while, i stopped looking at other people's progress pics. maybe u should too. take a break from the board and embrace your own hair. measure your hair now then measure it 6 months from now and rejoice in your progress.

I think I know how you feel. I didn't associate my disappointed and sadness over my hair for the last few months with viewing other's pics, but I guess that was what I was feeling.

I didn't think I had made any growth retention progress in the past year. That was until my last twist out.
smile.gif

I happen to take a picture of it that was similar in pose to one I had from last year about this time and I noticed I actually had major progress.

Take pics of yourself. I promise it's helpful to look back and remind yourself where you were in the past. Even if you don't want to put them on the internet , at least keep a hair journal for yourself.

It has helped me a lot.

I'm sure you've made more progress than you think
smile.gif

If you're really not gaining any progress. which I doubt highly, then I suggest you to get braids or cornrows for a month or so. I notice that when I stare at my hair every day I don't notice anything, but if you take pics like the ladies said and wait a month or so, not only will your growth increase because you have braids but you will see some major growth considering you haven't seen it in a while. Hope this helps.

Back