I DON't KNOW WHAT TO DO..NEED HELP..

fletgee

I need...HELP....!

I want to get a relaxer. Now keep in mind that I have not relaxed in almost 2 years. And I have fallen off the wagon as far as my hair care is concerned. (that hair care situation is a whole other thread-trust me)

This past month I have dusted 4 times (my ends were crunchy). I deep conditioned 2X's a week. Washed weekly and keep my hair moisturized.
I even did a Duo Tex thingy (great stuff) this weekend.

Needless to say, my hair feels wonderful. Very strong, Major shedding stopped..etc.

Now I have always had a Revlon regular relaxer done (for more that 20+ years). But it is hard to find stylists who use it. And I am thinking of switching to the Silk Elements.

Should I relax now? Should I wait longer till I do relax (working on my hair in the time being)? Is now the time to switch relaxers? Or if I relax should I have the Revlon?

Questions, questions....can ya help me?

Thanks.......:creatures

Quick questions: Your hair seems to be flourishing why would you relax now? When you relaxed were you happy with the results?

Last edited:
My hair has always been relaxed. The reason why it has not been is because I just neglected it. I just washed it, braided, and left the scarf on 24/7.

I took no more care of it than that. My health concerns/treatment were very intense and I simply neglected my hair.

However, now I want my relaxer back. I am feeling better and want to get "me" back. Natural hair is just not my thing.

If u had chemo, check w yr doctor first to make sure it is safe to use a chemical on yr hair. I wish u all the best and I'm glad to see that u R a survivor.:yay: 2 of my friends also beat cancer this year. God is good.

Thanks for your input ladies.:grin:

I'm gonna bump this up to see if anyone else
has some ideas to share.

fletgee.....:creatures

fletgee said:
My hair has always been relaxed. The reason why it has not been is because I just neglected it. I just washed it, braided, and left the scarf on 24/7.

I took no more care of it than that. My health concerns/treatment were very intense and I simply neglected my hair.

However, now I want my relaxer back. I am feeling better and want to get "me" back. Natural hair is just not my thing.

If you don't like natural hair then relax. Have you considered texturizing instead or do you just want bone straight hair? You can always go back to being natural.

I just wanted to say YOU GO GIRL on your battle with cancer;) ! I have friends that have beat it, and I respect anyone who has endured the struggle. I will be praying for you!

You have been natural for 2 years so switching relaxers shouldn't be a concern. Checking with your doctor if you had previous health concerns is also a good idea. I use Silk Elements Regular Lye relaxer and it is great! I would definitely recommend it!

Do a search on the forum and conduct as much research as you can about self-relaxing to find out as much information as possible. This should help you to get the best results for your hair.

Good Luck!

Back